Dominating Trolls

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Currently they can only be risen via ritualism, later on they are supposed to be possible to be dominated under some new conditions yet unspecified.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Only ritualism as the others said but they are horrible. They hit for like 10ish.

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
I've been waiting since release. Dominator tutor in Haven with his pet troll is a trick. It's not going to happen until after TC even though there is no reason why they couldn't do it IMO. The fact there are risen trolls shows it is possible with the existing code and there are no new animations needed. I'm only left assuming they are holding off for balance reasons as Henrik always ignores questions on this topic. In the end I tried to go meta with necro but I just hate dead pets even though they don't need to eat. They are weak unless you use celaeno which is mixing the two most disgusting looking things in the game - risen pets and celaenos. I want living monsters and I want them to not be terrible. So now I've just given up and am waiting for ridable campos with armour. Of course just like molvas they are herbivore only which makes them a pain to feed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clint

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
With current states of pets(and AI) and how they dont follow the same rules as players, just adding the items and requirements to get even stronger dominate and taming pets without first rectifying the problems will just exacerbate imbalances.

Heck there is a pet right now in game, that has decent enough health, armor and average damage in game right now that can one shot players. Luckily people haven't figured it out.