Does the current rep system makes sense or is fun for you guys?

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Imo less punishment for honest pvp and more for ganking innocent players. What I mean is add lawless pvp zones and events that let pkers fight other person without penalty and then up the punishment for killing people inside of towns just minding their own business. Right now pvp is a bit toxic because it's just wolves vs sheep so to speak. I.e pkers killing unsuspecting noobs and crafters who won't put up a fight instead of encouraging pkers fighting other pkers. But right now there's really no incentive for that

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Yes there is little incentive to go into a Lawless PvP Zone except for prearranged fights which imo shouldnt be the Meta for PvP in this game.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
yup, pvpers have it easy, no real consequences, except for those who still want to live in blue towns.
This will be even worse when player towns will be effective, noobs will be slaughtered for no reason even more ... no need for parcel runs anymore.
I don't even know if a bounty hunter system would change anything, since it would arouse them even more.
If nations were a thing in this game ... these lawless player made player towns would be targeted by the tindremic&khurite empires ... but i ask for too much here ... we'll hardly get the basics within the next years.
this will stay a counter-strike like 10vs1 naked nonsense for a long time ... too much 20 years old in the game ...

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Im not pleased, theres a lot of the game design and concept that don't favor the current law system. I'd vouch for the wilderness to be lawless and for lawless towns to have red priests (thats what they are intended for, isn't it?).

I would enjoy a different report system that would require something from the victim to report back instead of death and report, local grey status should be fixed and reworked.
Only the sight of guards and live players report in town should generate standing loss, i'd put more guards immediatly (and not many) outside town roads and entrances primarily as a standing loss detriment for chasing people outside towns.
By changing to a live report system and making wilderness lawless the penalty of standing loss should be increased.

Resources should be added in the wilderness and decreased around towns to reinforce the concept of inhabiting the world, taking some pressure off the roads. The geography of the world has massive empty places yet cities and roads are surrounded by resources making people to stay and gather for long periods of time immediatly outside towns.

Then theres the reality that player killers will allways have the upper hand on a gathering player for example. Murderers" could get punished more but its mainly a design issue by the nature of PVE, many of the activities require long time of gathering, view locked and static, narrowing the vision of the surroundings making it hard to detect incomming people, can't be asking players to endure that, to have to semi afk watching a rock getting hit while u don't play the game its a derelict mechanic based on waste of time. Not asking anything fancy but rust gathering could be a good example how shit could be done.

Imo less punishment for honest pvp and more for ganking innocent players. What I mean is add lawless pvp zones and events that let pkers fight other person without penalty and then up the punishment for killing people inside of towns just minding their own business. Right now pvp is a bit toxic because it's just wolves vs sheep so to speak. I.e pkers killing unsuspecting noobs and crafters who won't put up a fight instead of encouraging pkers fighting other pkers. But right now there's really no incentive for that

I dislike this Arena concept, making a small corral for honest pvpers to fight eachother lol. News for you, the nature of the world is a competitive scenario not a carebear emulator for gatherers and honest fighters. Get over that shit already.

yup, pvpers have it easy, no real consequences, except for those who still want to live in blue towns.
This will be even worse when player towns will be effective, noobs will be slaughtered for no reason even more ... no need for parcel runs anymore.
I don't even know if a bounty hunter system would change anything, since it would arouse them even more.
If nations were a thing in this game ... these lawless player made player towns would be targeted by the tindremic&khurite empires ... but i ask for too much here ... we'll hardly get the basics within the next years.
this will stay a counter-strike like 10vs1 naked nonsense for a long time ... too much 20 years old in the game ...

Wanting or not to live in towns you are still missing a bunch of assets that u won't be able to access. Can't stash stuff in a safe bank, can't access equerry and those 2 things only are a massive impact on a player's gamestyle, not to mention appliances, vendors and broker-mail that exist only in towns. So, yes its very detrimental to not use houses, unless you do have at least one alt blue account and the ability to multiclient. So bad gameplay design just pushing people multiclient.

Can't say pvpers have it easy, even in "honest" figths like Arcane likes to mention u will get murdercounts. Cuz thats the griefing element, people will murdercount the fuck out of u cuz they can and thats broken. Pushing players to do 10-20m runs from red-priests to regear or having to place a house closer to a red priest. (things u can't do if you are neg standing)

Then the parcel runs if you wanna access towns.

Noobs need to learn how, where, when and what to farm while understanding mortal's required awareness, the only way u can learn that is by playing. Can't blame a bandit type of player for ganking an AFK miner, when the bandit is indeed playing the game and the miner is AFK. For example.
Part of understanding the game is understanding the game competitive nature, and realizing people will probably want to loot you or even kill you for target practice this is precisely why you must learn how to deal (or not) with other players.
Mortal is about death an loss, nothing is ment to last forever it's part of the essence and people that can't endure nor understand loss probably ain't the public targeted for this game.

Last edited:

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022

even right now all the rep system does is prevent naked killing at most...as soon someone thinks you might only have 1 thing that's worth anything and you are outnumbered you will be attacked if not a) you meet some of the few that wait for different kind of pvp or are pve orientated or b) someone has MC/rep issues :p
there is no real reason to pvp over something atm so most will just try to stay within MC/rep and kill the loners that might carry something of worth. the war decs are basically a duel function for a guild where both have to agree so there is not much to this also.

and i totally agree this will get even worse when TC comes without major changes to how this works in the greater context (factions maybe?) to promote the sandbox and not the ganking everyone you possible can.

guess we will see...all around pvp is so much in baby shoes atm but i still have hope SV will get this right this time after they saw what did not work in MO1 or even darkfall maybe and take more from eve in this regards what makes a sandbox game work and not be a slaughter simulator :)

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The rep system is fine. The only thing they need to brinng back is rep gain from killing risars and bandits. Doesnt have to be much, but at least some.

only getting rep from parcels is atrocious.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The rep system is fine. The only thing they need to brinng back is rep gain from killing risars and bandits. Doesnt have to be much, but at least some.

only getting rep from parcels is atrocious.
That would make it a lot better yeah.

The games main and really only worth while content is PvP. Everything about the game outside of RP is geared towards a end goal of making you better at PvP or ready to PvP.

PvP is the reward. People dont do it to get rewards out of people. Going to cause a ruckus at the graveyard killing the lesser players is rewarded sometimes with people coming out of town to PvP.

If you make PvP a reward for PvEing then you will have more people going away from towns to PvE so they can go do the games only real content which is open world PvP.

Risar killing for rep was a much better situation because people were more conservative with their rep and since they had rep to use they did not feel like wasting it on someone who would not put up a fight.

Maybe just make going red require a parcel run to get from -1 to 0 rep. Requiring a parcel run would make it a bit more annoying to go neg rep then just fleeing to kill risars. But making a parcel run each time for each neg rep would just make people quit or reroll. Just should require that one parcel run to flip the rep to positive from neg but allow PvE to raise your rep in the negative numbers.

The punishment for winning in the games only worth while content is just horrible game design. Its pushing people out of the game that would have been great long term players. While the blue player base over time figures out the game is actually shallow and boring they outside of PvP then they leave anyway.

Games way to punishing for PvP, esspecially when the dude who just gave you a 8 hour MC with - 1 rep lost almost nothing or 15 minutes of work. While the PvPer is forced to walk 20-30 minutes everytime they die, or are not allowed in towns. People saying this isnt harsh have not experienced it.

I think there needs to be more punishment for everyone dying. Not just the red because the blues outside of their ego dont lose much.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Just to know what ppl in forums think about it

I dont hate it. But I wished just unprovoked murder had harsher penalties for your rep. But it is a good step in a direction that isnt as boring as Mortal Online 1, which it was just kill 5 people go red everywhere.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
the fact that you can be a murderer at all but cool to hang in town is a bit of a joke honestly...

if i have 100 tindremic rep and you have 2 and you kill me you should lose alot more than 1 rep. the guards shouldnt be like "ahhh just dont do it again today aight?"

D

Deleted member 44

The entire concept of murder counts in this game is misleading. No one is being murdered. You lose your stuff and then are forced to play somewhere else. That's what's happening. Death is meaningless and is even apart of some people's play style.

Reactions: Hodo

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The entire concept of murder counts in this game is misleading. No one is being murdered. You lose your stuff and then are forced to play somewhere else. That's what's happening. Death is meaningless and is even apart of some people's play style.

i guess its meaningless if you play a mounted archer but some people actually have pets and stuff that took a long time to level up

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
i guess its meaningless if you play a mounted archer but some people actually have pets and stuff that took a long time to level up

I know the pain... I usually level my own mounts. And I dont consider them PVP ready till they are 100+ and I prefer level 120+. I deleted my tamer because of how broken the pet system is.

D

Deleted member 44

Mounted players have pets... It's called a horse, and any horse less than 125 is tissue paper. I know you guys want to face roll with pets but there is a time and place for everything, just like with any build. If you are fighting a 6v6 and two of your mages are tamers while the other team doesn't have tamers, you're going to win. I don't want to say that the game is rock paper scissors, but there are definitely things that counter other things. Even in a 1v1 ground fight a tamer vs anything else, the same should win. If youre not winning in these situations, I recommend some reflect on why that is.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It's way too underdeveloped and basic in my opinion, it has no meaning beyond which npcs will attack you on sight and which ones won't.

I think it would've been way more interesting and immersive if it had been something like what The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall had (Yes, I know, I keep bringing this one up). That game is like 25 years old and was made by the then-small indie team called Bethesda Softworks.

But what they made was absolutely phenomenal and way ahead of its time, and even to this day no mmorpg has anything close to resembling it. I get that player politics should take center stage, but seeing that SV added npc factions in MO2 I feel that something crucial is missing.

A background simulation of a dynamic political environment would breath life into what is otherwise a static, one-dimensional and boring npc faction system. Granted, in an mmorpg it has to be adjusted to account for the fact that there are so many players and some things have to be kept untouched.

Skip to 02:24 of this video to get an idea of what this political simulation looks like. If SV can extrapolate out some of the elements of that, I'd imagine we'd finally have part of a virtual "living, breathing world" - Not the overused and sadly meaningless marketing term, but what it actually refers to in video games.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
the fact that you can be a murderer at all but cool to hang in town is a bit of a joke honestly...

if i have 100 tindremic rep and you have 2 and you kill me you should lose alot more than 1 rep. the guards shouldnt be like "ahhh just dont do it again today aight?"
Seen a Lot of people present that argument, if u got 100 standing u lost a lot of time doing nothing but travelling between cities. I don't understand the point of the argument tho, Is it realism of some kind the thing you expect, want guards to have a higher moral compass? For me doesn't make any sense someone would die and report a player after resurrected, for example.

Characters are being murdered, the fact they can resurrect don't mean they aint getting murdered but yeah you could chose another Word to represent a player killing or ending another one.
Murdercounts per se have a very clear purpose by making murderers naked run from red priests to a town, i do not like that shit only cuz was changed without introducing mechanics to make it less punishing.
Death is part of the game and seems people are unable to realize that because they still push for more punishment for non-concensual PVP and cry when their horses die, and suicide just to give murdercounts, great design.

Pets are garbage, MA or no MA. AI is absolutly moronic. People shouldn't relay on combat pets, not even for pve. The time investment required to get them and get them high lvl does not work for how stupid they are and how fast they die. Seen countless noobs rage quit the game cuz of trying to go full beastmaster pokememe and realized it's a waste of time. Thats not players fault thats a massive design flaw.

Even training horses to max lvl is a waste of time, you might get to survive just a little longer, but not worth the timesink. But hey if people wanna use their time for that just to realize that horse will eventually die anyways it's fine.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
if someone is bored enough to ride back and forth to rep cap, that would only last for 2-3 teamfights before they go negative, more housing stuff is needed

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Mounted players have pets... It's called a horse, and any horse less than 125 is tissue paper. I know you guys want to face roll with pets but there is a time and place for everything, just like with any build. If you are fighting a 6v6 and two of your mages are tamers while the other team doesn't have tamers, you're going to win. I don't want to say that the game is rock paper scissors, but there are definitely things that counter other things. Even in a 1v1 ground fight a tamer vs anything else, the same should win. If youre not winning in these situations, I recommend some reflect on why that is.

Well you can easily tame 4 high level horses and bring them back in 20 minutes. Obviously a lot easier than other pets. Like comparing bone armor to tungsteel armor

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well you can easily tame 4 high level horses and bring them back in 20 minutes. Obviously a lot easier than other pets. Like comparing bone armor to tungsteel armor
Not really. To do that you need a Tamer with 51 taming, 100 creature control, 100 herding, and some advance creature control. 100 creature control with 80 herding is two max level horses you can grab.

Takes you a while to get to the spawn find the "high level horses" and then bring them back. If there are horse there and not low levels.

The average build is only going to be able to grab one horse at a time.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yeah like Tzone said. Btw even with all domestication skills maxed u can't handle 4 lvl 80+ horses. More like 3 high lvl ones.
I have a full tamer, it have never crossed my mind to waste my time getting anything but horses, and if i did i would get some wild tame and never ever invest time leveling it up or making it my best friend. Pets in this game are ment to be disposable as fuck despite they are so time consuming to lvl up and with such unrewarding AI, the lack of design makes them really not viable.

I love when henrik talks about some fancy AI and bullshit like that for creatures and npcs, the reality is AI in this game is moronic as fuck, nobody can deny that. I wanna see some idiot mention bosses AI please someone defend SV on this one.

The reality is most content in this game is placeholder.