Does steam family share work with MO2?

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
My brother and I share the same computer and he has his own steam account. If I bought MO2 on my steam and want to let him play his own account (when I'm not on the computer - we share 1 PC), will steam family share work? Or will I have to purchase another copy for him?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You will need to purchase another game but you can use the same file. So you do not have to download two copies but do need to buy it again.

Reactions: m4rt3

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
You will need to purchase another game but you can use the same file. So you do not have to download two copies but do need to buy it again.
Is there anything special I need to do? It won't overwrite any files on the other steam account, correct?

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Is there anything special I need to do? It won't overwrite any files on the other steam account, correct?
It does. Your UI layouts and how your hotbars are set up will clash, so will whatever settings you have if they differ. It's a bit tedious to have to fix these things every time you change account. I hope we get an option to deal with this.