Diva System & Multi accounts

Treud

Dec 10, 2021
Hi !

Since Henrick is talking about a Diva system and many of us have multiple accounts, a good idea could be (against a fee) to allow the merge of 2 accounts.
We have to find a way to prevent account stealing but it shouldn't be an issue by verifying the payment method of both accounts.

Cheers !

Presul

Apr 26, 2022
A short window for the merger would also work. Like say 30 days after subs are added to merge accounts that existed prior to the patch. After the patch drops then it's on the player if they setup a new account or not.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Having characters on separate accounts will probably be better than having them on the same account.

It was easier in the first game, but being able to have multiple accounts logged in at the same time is a big plus.
Except for having to pay another subscription...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Having characters on separate accounts will probably be better than having them on the same account.

It was easier in the first game, but being able to have multiple accounts logged in at the same time is a big plus.

Do you have a way to do this 'normally' like with the same computer, without a virtual machine?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Except for having to pay another subscription...
Right. I can see that as in issue.

But I would personally still choose keeping current accounts separate and getting new characters on them.

Even if I alternate subs if need be.

Do you have a way to do this 'normally' like with the same computer, without a virtual machine?

Not sure how it is going to work but possibly we will be able to have games going on epic and steam separately.

For now there are cloud gaming services that can be used.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany

Working without VM: Use your local machine and Nvidia Cloud Gaming. And probably playing via Epic will the the third option.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Working without VM: Use your local machine and Nvidia Cloud Gaming. And probably playing via Epic will the the third option.

I like ya, but that's basically a no. That's lame. Pretty hard fail by MO in that aspect because, yeah, single player is good IF you can use multiple accounts, but since you can't natively... they need to fix.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I like ya, but that's basically a no. That's lame. Pretty hard fail by MO in that aspect because, yeah, single player is good IF you can use multiple accounts, but since you can't natively... they need to fix.
Playing several accounts at the same time is restricted by Steam and not by StarVault. You can't login more than one steam account on a machine at the same time. It's not too difficult to use several steam accounts (and MO2 characters) one after another.

And about the Diva system: I have no idea yet what this would mean in detail. Would this mean to have two really discrete characters on the same account (each like a single character), or are they in a way combined like same banks, same inventory, same guilds, same logout location?

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
And about the Diva system: I have no idea yet what this would mean in detail. Would this mean to have two really discrete characters on the same account (each like a single character), or are they in a way combined like same banks, same inventory, same guilds, same logout location?
Not even Henrik knows, it's just one of those things like ships he says to keep people buying alt accounts.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
im sure the diva system is something they theorize often however if falls on the back burner at the moment.

Treud

Dec 10, 2021
we don't even know what will be this Diva system, so like been said, running MO2 with Epic + Steam can be a good solution. Even I would prefer to lower my account numbers!

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
we don't even know what will be this Diva system, so like been said, running MO2 with Epic + Steam can be a good solution. Even I would prefer to lower my account numbers!
I have heard that the anti cheat software may not allow it to be played on both steam and epic at the same time either :(

Not sure if that will be the case.

It is a shame since switching between games was pretty much a part of play for many in the first game.