Disable Murdercount on Use of Home Priest or in the World At Large

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You can invent new definitions as much as you like, it's not what roleplaying is,
I can't agree. That's been an operational definition of practical roleplay in these Mortal Games and tohers for well over a decade.
Whatever you do, we view and judge it as roleplay.
You're all playing as something. Even you. Even me, if I were playing. How many times have we been in this same conversation.
As long as you don't insist that everyone should roleplay it's ok.
That doesn't work even on Roleplay Servers, so people usually don't insist.

Unlike in Real Life, INT (etc.) may be nothing but a number.

Reactions: grendel and Toerin

Toerin

Dec 19, 2021
Rule #1 of roleplaying in a MMORPG: roleplaying is a choice. You've got much to learn.
Is it possible to choose not to fill out your character stats/height/weight/race/lineage? Is there some kind of miscommunication going on between us cause I really can’t see how you are arguing that a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) is not a role playing game. Do you think I’m saying roleplay as in improv chatting in game? Lol

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
This is a political issue not a game mechanic issue. The game is working as intended and im sorry the people you have consensual pvp agreements with decided to negative rep you. I guess they didn't consent.

It's shameful to murder and hide in the guardzone. Come kran like all of the other real PvP guilds.

Reactions: Toerin

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
This is a political issue not a game mechanic issue. The game is working as intended and im sorry the people you have consensual pvp agreements with decided to negative rep you. I guess they didn't consent.

It's shameful to murder and hide in the guardzone. Come kran like all of the other real PvP guilds.

Your guild has lived in guarded towns 99.99% of the time I've seen them. So I'unno.

Reactions: Tzone

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021

"Consensual PvP agreements"? Did I accidentally missclick and install New World or what?

Kran is spawn killing non-stop. I do not endorse spawn killing, especially when there is no choice to spawn elsewhere to regear.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Sayton

Mar 24, 2021
It's probably been said but I think you should only lose rep with a nation if you kill people on their lands (inside and x area around their cities).
The wilderness should be fair game but still generate murder counts.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Today my guild went to the Sator Dungeon. Shortly after, a larger guild entered behind us. One well placed ambush later, we had killed them all to ensure our own safety and to retain control of the dungeon and the boss kill. Promptly, the murdercounts started rolling in for an unavoidable fight that was far from Bakti. This immediately bricked a quarter of our group from ever entering Khurite areas again. The icing on the cake, is on the way out later the same guild attempted to ambush us on the way out and again we killed our way out of the situation to lose even more rep.

This is an unacceptable situation. It isn't as if we sat in the graveyard and murdered newbies for laughs. But it keenly illustrates what all PvP players are saying; The standing system as it is implemented is HORRIBLY flawed and one legitimate guild vs guild confrontation is enough to brick an account. You could argue that our opponents should have been a little better to us and not spammed murdercounts because they lost, but its not the point. This will happen when two blue guilds collide as well.

How can you expect this to be a playable full-loot PvP MMO when legitimate PvP encounters are so heavily punished, that it would almost be better to simply lay down and die and achieve a spiteful "victory" of banning your opponent in town? How do you stop other players from contesting resources? How do you stop other players form outright stealing from your PvE kills? Is everyone supposed to just let it happen until they somehow have territory control with all benches and stable masters which does not even have a definitive release date?

Either Standing needs to be extremely easy to replace or you need to remove Murdercounts from PvP that happens outside of towns.

Yeah any random ass blue ressing and giving MC is really dumbass mechanic xD

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Or, we could just not mindlessly zerg here. Be a murder and come to kranesh or gk where you will find out how skilled you truly are.