Ding's Adventures Return

DingDingDo

Jul 19, 2021
Summoned from my retirement in the sandy wastes of Sarducca I start my return journey in the Khurite town of Mohki. It is as usual a tribal mess of wooden stakes and sheer cliffs for protection. The usual pigs for the towns sustenance and little else save the large quantities of rock to extract. I quickly decide to flee through the mountains, unfortunately on foot, as there are no horses or lizards to ride anywhere near the settlement, trekking through the mountains with nothing save a small pile of wolfbrush and common plants to eventual bribe a horse is not a task I would readily recommend to any other wanderers.

Shortly after the sun starts going down having set out at dawn I decide to see if I can scale down the mountain to the north. It goes poorly. I then wander to the west, seeking sign of horses on the way to vadda and I now much promise myself to never swim across sausage lake ever again. Arriving in Vadda I am reminded that being in a forest sucks for finding horses and proceed north in search of a claim herd ultimately heading west again towards the long time home of mine; Meduli.

After a brush with bandits and a feral pack of wolves, a pride of cougars, and a nice fellow who gave me some roasted oats I decide to investigate my long known herd of donkey hill only to find nothing there but the same dark priest and a lack of wolves normally in the area. I am told however there are indeed horses to the north of my location and proceed onward.

After yet another large pack of wolves, some razorbacks, and a skittish springbok for bait to distract said wolves later, I arrive at a slowly circling herd of horses and quickly make my way back to Meduli. In need of coin and food for my new mount I make my way up the coast collecting the traditional seagrass and quickly get enough for a full collection of pickaxes, logging axes, saddlebags, dile, and a sum left over if I am ever in need of some cash in Meduli again.

Setting out back east once more at a relaxed but swift pace I note the quality of transport is rather poor compared to my usual horses forever lost to me now in the desert sands. Also noticeably my trip back is much quieter with only a wolf to escape from by the time I reach sausage lake. This is however where my trip goes awry; crossing the southern river. In typical fashion I attempt to cross the river myself first before bringing along my horse not wanting to risk its loss after the long trek in its acquisition. With me ending up at the bottom of rather sheer cliffs without issue but my horse stuck at the top and a long walk down river until I can circle back around to a ford in the waterflow. with no further issues, I proceed down the trail toward Bakti with a swift turn to properly head to my destination of Mohki once again. I fear without my horse it would have been a very long time of traveling and a few narrow escapes from a bandit camp, bears, wolves, and pack of wild pigs blocking the road I arrive a day later in Mohki.

There is much to explore in this new wider world than before, my last adventure having taken only a day or so to see the four corners of Myrland now likely to take a great deal longer if I choose to do so again.

DingDingDo

Jul 19, 2021
Long has it been since I have updated my travels, and finally finding myself in Moh-Ki and the south east of myrland in general, longing for the simple heat of the sands of my former home. I am faced with a quandry; What does not bore me to hunt?

Wolves are a menace and depopulating them for their harvesting materials is both rewarding and cleanses the traveling paths through the forests. Springbok are easy to run down and similarly have value to feed and clothe my squad of mounted mayhem. Razorback are only good for their bones, but aren't terrible eating either. The lone tribe of Troll is not practical without more magical support. Spiders are profitable but Horses do not appreciate caves nor is it strongest suited to a contingent of mounted fighters and archers. Sator currently are only valued for their teeth and little else due to our glut of Horned scales (mostly from killing said Sators). Traveling even further towards the ocean we have Shoreprowlers, whose yield is poor and requires many horses to properly carry excess carcass from the beasts.

Bandits and the undead are often over hunted and driven to the hills or scattered to the winds. While this lack of hunting grounds might be construed as peaceful to some, others are slowly moving north and south west to more active and plentiful hunting grounds.

I have changed much in my travels back on myrland, a land I thought I might never see again over the sands and lush green of the Sarduccan jungle with no question of what to hunt; Everything. Perhaps I will need to adapt the same tactic to the south east, cleansing the land of all life as we must in the desert just to survive.

Reactions: Ibarruri

DingDingDo

Jul 19, 2021
The Great and Mighty Ding is once more in the jungle, but not one any but the most dedicated would call home. With great distance from civilization and very little of value to be had save the occasional passive fisherman for trade, only the great ocean view and Shore Prowlers, what few remain from over hunting, keep the place in value.

A few roaming bands make a home here, mostly to the west, Legion with their roman fort and other Knight orders from meduli solidify the territory boundaries in the west at the old temple grounds. Little else dares to live in this place save the occasional retired fisherman or naked savage who will rush you from the trees after downing a hunt. The lawlessness is familiar but the spirit of desperation is not. Greed and lack of easy money once more plagues the seas as fishing has saturated the value of once prized catches.

More enterprising groups are mining stone deep away in the hidden reaches of the western coasts to supply Meduli and Bak-ti with coal to fuel the machines of war as they will soon come to full speed. The dense jungle making casual raiders unlikely and the relative security of the larger targets stopping all but the largest bands of raiders who typically only see the temple or the reclusive jungle camp as worth their time.

I have extracted all the wealth there is to have from this place for now, and must set my sights north once more, trading in the usual commodities of Coal and metals to fuel the banner of my own people. Yet I still hope one day, to see the rich golden sands of my home once more far into the west.

Reactions: Najwalaylah