Desert Horse in Morin Khur?

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
can someone please explain this to me! I have seen at the animal seller in Morin Khur 4 or 5 Desert Horses from one and the same seller. However, there are no spawns of Desert Horses on the world map near Morin Khur. According to the map, there are Desert Horses only near Meduli. Does someone want to tell me now that he fetches the horses for sale from Meduli?

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
Why should I buy a Desert Horse in Morin Khur for 50 or more gold when I can get Stepp Horses for 5 gold? Is the difference between the horses that big? If someone kills you, your horse, 50 gold is gone quickly.

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
Why should I buy a Desert Horse in Morin Khur for 50 or more gold when I can get Stepp Horses for 5 gold? Is the difference between the horses that big? If someone kills you, your horse, 50 gold is gone quickly.
Just do what is best for you, this is a sandbox game :)
There are people for whom 50g is not a lot if they are in need of a fast horse suddenly.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
You see there is very noticeable differene in speed between deserts and steppes. I don't have the precise numbers but if you're using unencumbered desert horse, you will always catch up to anyone else with any other kind of horse no matter what. So ofc when you're in a larger group and you decide to RPK, using good horses comes at almost no danger while the benefits are huge.
As long as you murder groups smaller then you or just solo players, chances of losing a single horse and almost 0 while the chance of always catching up and killing your prey is basically guaranteed. And even if by any chance you meet a bigger group, you're all on best horses in the game so you can get away pretty well.

So yeah, animal tamers go all the way to meduli and bring largre groups of these horses back, level them up fast and sell them for a pretty coin. And ofc these horses very likely will sell since they're worth it if you have a good utilisation for them.

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
Just do what is best for you, this is a sandbox game :)
There are people for whom 50g is not a lot if they are in need of a fast horse suddenly.
you're right, i've thought about that too. i have just 300 gold in the bank. For me it would be a lot. But I also play alone. Always have to watch out that no one kills me. Have almost never had a chance in the fight. Have always been killed. Am not a PvP he.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
A maxed ADV CC and herding character can bring 4 at a timer over. Very profitable.

I mean including tax it's like 180g or something, not really worth the long travel time, chance of them getting killed on the way there. Only really profitable if you're smuggling some other stuff along with you in all those horses

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
you're right, i've thought about that too. i have just 300 gold in the bank. For me it would be a lot. But I also play alone. Always have to watch out that no one kills me. Have almost never had a chance in the fight. Have always been killed. Am not a PvP he.
In that case id just use steppies who are still great and maybe have 1-2 good high lvl deserts for travelling long distances. It's what i usually do depending on the city i am and how much valuables im carrying.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
In that case id just use steppies who are still great and maybe have 1-2 good high lvl deserts for travelling long distances. It's what i usually do depending on the city i am and how much valuables im carrying.

I've gotten into fights the last few times I went to try to get desis. By fights I mean getting ganked by 5+ people haha. I'd def hold onto your desis atm. Altho some of us Southies should go out there and clear them and bring back a bunch of desis.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I've gotten into fights the last few times I went to try to get desis. By fights I mean getting ganked by 5+ people haha. I'd def hold onto your desis atm. Altho some of us Southies should go out there and clear them and bring back a bunch of desis.
i have all my characters with their stables full of desert horses and actually 2 characters with management. For taming horses sometimes its crowded and sometimes it ain't, just a matter of persisting xD
But for MK uhmm i'd only keep a few deserts for travelling and use steppies as disposable tho.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I had a bunch before, but I've got to supply people w/ horses now and they aren't any good until they are like lvl 100 so they need to be babysat usually unless you get lucky enough to cop a 100+ at the spawn. But for real they are trying to protect them now, for what it's worth.