Deleting items while getting ganked

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
No delete timer should be increased to 60 seconds after pvp damage and decreased to 0 for pve damage.
Yeah no. If someone's so terrible that they cant consistently hit you within 15-30 seconds they don't deserve the loot in the first place.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah no. If someone's so terrible that they cant consistently hit you within 15-30 seconds they don't deserve the loot in the first place.
So the person who wins the fight doesnt deserve the loot because they didnt shoot a bow while running after some dude fleeing? Very far stretch for you to say who deserve or doesnt deserve the loot in this case.

Every one of your post is sounds like you just want to be contrarian to PvP.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
So the person who wins the fight doesnt deserve the loot because they didnt shoot a bow while running after some dude fleeing? Very far stretch for you to say who deserve or doesnt deserve the loot in this case.

Every one of your post is sounds like you just want to be contrarian to PvP.
Eh. You just suck at reading and have your opinion made up of me.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yea I think the problem is that, like I said, people can fight someone and someone else comes in, like a guildie or w/e and they run away long enough to delete items. I agree w/ ICH unless shit is gonna lag the world somehow, all items should be dropped on the ground. Would make it easy to pass off stuff you didn't want, too. Just drop a grey bag, it can have stolen shit in it or whatever.

It's a totally diff thing to delete items when you foresee a gank, cuz it can be like some Cheech and Chong "Eat it!! aww, it was just a fire truck." But when people are running away from pvp to delete your stuff that's pretty wack. There are def many ways they could be able to escape for that long, mostly having to do with one player being dead and another coming in after.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Yea I think the problem is that, like I said, people can fight someone and someone else comes in, like a guildie or w/e and they run away long enough to delete items. I agree w/ ICH unless shit is gonna lag the world somehow, all items should be dropped on the ground. Would make it easy to pass off stuff you didn't want, too. Just drop a grey bag, it can have stolen shit in it or whatever.

It's a totally diff thing to delete items when you foresee a gank, cuz it can be like some Cheech and Chong "Eat it!! aww, it was just a fire truck." But when people are running away from pvp to delete your stuff that's pretty wack. There are def many ways they could be able to escape for that long, mostly having to do with one player being dead and another coming in after.
If it was dropping the loot instead of destroying it that would be much better for the pvp but terrible for the servers since those are barely running as is. In an ideal world we would have loot be droppable.

You just cant form a argument.
I was making a suggestion you clown. You know, adding to the conversation? Maybe you should stick to it instead of focusing so much on me. I know i rustled you and your friends jimmies but come on this is an entirely different thread. Chill your tits.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If it was dropping the loot instead of destroying it that would be much better for the pvp but terrible for the servers since those are barely running as is. In an ideal world we would have loot be droppable.

I was making a suggestion you clown. You know, adding to the conversation? Maybe you should stick to it instead of focusing so much on me. I know i rustled you and your friends jimmies but come on this is an entirely different thread. Chill your tits.

yea, you'd think, but I mean think about the GYs. Almost nobody loots the whole bag (even tho they should!), think about crafter tables and droplootz. It def could affect the server, but I think people would drop loot less than they would delete it. Could give it a pretty low cooldown, whatever stolen timer is... like 120? Reg drop loots is 5min. I wonder what happens if you drop loot with stolen loot, I bet you end up naked still holding the stolen items haha.

Edit: or they could make it so that if you dropped one stolen thing you had to drop it all, so you'd have less bread-crumbing. Then you could pick back up what you wanted and it would have a CD for when you could do it again?

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
yea, you'd think, but I mean think about the GYs. Almost nobody loots the whole bag (even tho they should!), think about crafter tables and droplootz. It def could affect the server, but I think people would drop loot less than they would delete it. Could give it a pretty low cooldown, whatever stolen timer is... like 120? Reg drop loots is 5min. I wonder what happens if you drop loot with stolen loot, I bet you end up naked still holding the stolen items haha.

Edit: or they could make it so that if you dropped one stolen thing you had to drop it all, so you'd have less bread-crumbing. Then you could pick back up what you wanted and it would have a CD for when you could do it again?
A cooldown with multi-choice dropping would be pretty promising. so you either dump a bunch of stuff or don't. It can be used as a diversion tactic by either dropping all your valuable stuff or by dropping one item to slow down the pursuer. A somewhat high cooldown like 2 mins should be fine right?

Jan 28, 2022
You must be have a lot of experience of ganking to say that

Sorry, I thought you hardcore tablecrafter like me
Hot damn you talk big and tough for a guy who is upset at his own inability to count to 1.

That's the part you're trying to fight now. That when he dies he loses 1 set of gear? You boys better be careful, thinking too hard might hurt ya :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Contorto

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
Maybe make it so that instead of deleting items they are thrown on the ground :D

Absolutely. I've never understood this "delete" nonsense, what is actually supposed to be happening when I delete a sword? Am I melting it down? Grinding it to dust? Or maybe sticking it up my backside to hide it? If you drag an item from your inventory it drops on the ground and the loot bag is grey, simple and logical solution.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Hot damn you talk big and tough for a guy who is upset at his own inability to count to 1.

That's the part you're trying to fight now. That when he dies he loses 1 set of gear? You boys better be careful, thinking too hard might hurt ya :ROFLMAO:
No surprises here.

You have nothing to say and trying to insult me, typical behavior of a griefer

try harder

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Deleting items is not supposed to be possible for several seconds after getting hit. If people found a way to delete items after getting hit, then isn't that just an exploit?
Yes, Hitting someone or being hit give an item delete cooldown, so it is definitely an exploit if they are deleting while being hit

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
every time we approach to gank, people start deleting items from their inventory so we cant loot it.
Albion faced the same problem, they did this way, if the item is destroyed and the owner die within 5 minutes (this is a random number cuz i dont know the exact number), the items can still be looted from the body.
hope this make sense, its frustrating to go gank and loot nothing.
there is a timer on deleting items as in you cant delete anything for 10 seconds from being hit so if you hit somone every 10 seconds they cant delete items

Tzone

May 16, 2021
there is a timer on deleting items as in you cant delete anything for 10 seconds from being hit so if you hit somone every 10 seconds they cant delete items
OR they can see you off at the distance and start running while deleting. Or they sprint off burning stam while deleting which would mean that they stam out and die but it would allow them to delete gear.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
A cooldown with multi-choice dropping would be pretty promising. so you either dump a bunch of stuff or don't. It can be used as a diversion tactic by either dropping all your valuable stuff or by dropping one item to slow down the pursuer. A somewhat high cooldown like 2 mins should be fine right?

Yea, it seems its the consensus, re: drops instead of deletes, but just have to keep it from being where people spam up the map with a bunch of bags of one item, etc. Cuz I feel for anyone who loots overweight on accident or something. Sure you could do it back to back and get CD'd, but that would be on you. Once is an honest mistake haha.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Lol, ya poke the bear, but when it bites back play the victim, typical forum troll.

It was a bite?)))

oh my give me chance
Btw you forget to relog or he/she is your guildie?

Bear :D

Last edited:

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Yea, it seems its the consensus, re: drops instead of deletes, but just have to keep it from being where people spam up the map with a bunch of bags of one item, etc. Cuz I feel for anyone who loots overweight on accident or something. Sure you could do it back to back and get CD'd, but that would be on you. Once is an honest mistake haha.
i mean if people are caught purposefully trying to on cd spam too many entities in the world that should be considered malicious intent and result in some sort of punishment as they are attacking server stability.

Now another thing they could do to combat this sort of thing is have a cap on how many bags a single player can create. If they go over the cap the oldest bag is deleted. This would have to be separated from lootbags dropped on death and pet death bags but i believe it's a good solution.

Jan 28, 2022
No surprises here.

You would be correct, nothing you've said has been surprising.

You have nothing to say and trying to insult me, typical behavior of a griefer

MFW:

Stop trolling please

Sorry, I thought you hardcore tablecrafter like me

The fact that you didn't see the irony in trying to call me out for something you already did is amazing. I mean, you didn't strike me as the type of guy to put a lot of thought into what you have to say but goddamn, that's a new level of stupid. :ROFLMAO:

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

try harder
Because you're not so good at this chief.

Reactions: Contorto