Deleting Items - Inventory management - QoL Improvement

Jan 28, 2022
Leveling your crafting skills means a lot of crafted items. Would be nice if we had a better way to delete unwanted items. Since most keyboards have a Delete button, could that possibly be bound as a quick delete function ? And maybe we could accept the delete prompt with enter ? This would make things a lot smoother for a lot of people in the future.

It's not hard to drag and drop, but life could be better.

damtired

Dec 26, 2021
In case you dont already know this, if you hold alt and right click you dont have to drag.
If you position your inventory window in the middle of your screen, close to the delete prompt, you can click through a bunch really fast.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
In case you dont already know this, if you hold alt and right click you dont have to drag.
If you position your inventory window in the middle of your screen, close to the delete prompt, you can click through a bunch really fast.

This is how I do it currently as well.

If I remember correctly though there was an option to destroy crafted items instead of putting them in inventory in the original game. Something like that again would be good for the qol of training crafters.

Reactions: 666 and Jatix
Jan 28, 2022

I did not know this, and a lot of other people didn't either. Thanks man !

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Still not an elegant solution. There should be an option to keep crafting after inventory is full, and any extra items will be deleted.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Best way without doing massive cliking is to /droploot but i rather see an option to automatic delete while crafting. Considering leveling up shit is so grindy.

Reactions: Amadman

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
I guess the real best solution is to make crafting skills less grindy. Or to make it so that if you use good materials, you’ll level up super quickly.

This would prevent the core issue, which is the fact that you have to craft 5k bone tissue trash weapons in order to level up, which you’ll have to delete. It is not a good gaming experience and adds no immersion.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I guess the real best solution is to make crafting skills less grindy. Or to make it so that if you use good materials, you’ll level up super quickly.

This would prevent the core issue, which is the fact that you have to craft 5k bone tissue trash weapons in order to level up, which you’ll have to delete. It is not a good gaming experience and adds no immersion.
It's really shit grind progression, close your eyes and you can hear people saying "people need longterm progression" and say they enjoy the crafting, as they enjoy mining XD

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It's really shit grind progression, close your eyes and you can hear people saying "people need longterm progression" and say they enjoy the crafting, as they enjoy mining XD

Hey, I resemble that remark. ;)

But I do agree that the auto delete should be an option when crafting.

As well that it should be beneficial to use higher level resources when training crafting.

Last edited: