Delay Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Its not that simple. Say they both released on the same day and people had to choose only one. Majority would pick New World simply based on what its releasing with, the massive population, Amazon, etc. A lot of people can't see the potential that MO has and you really can't fault them too much. Sure you can argue that those people wouldn't stick around anyway, but why not give your launch the best chance it can get...especially seeing as the delay is clearly needed from what we saw with the last stress test and the small amount the game offers right now.
People who know about MO, will pick MO over New World.

Reactions: agui

nazgo

May 29, 2020
I'm worried about MO2 release for the following reasons :
  • Launching without any housing or guild keep end-game content

this one is huuuuugeeee, not to mention how bad early experience mage players gonna have. Your average casual mage player is never gonna stay in MO, as they face hours of macroing spurt and then "farming" :LOL: with proper spells ie. waiting for their mana to regen while standing on top of a rock.

Reactions: Slyy

a.out

May 28, 2020
I want you and everyone else that is celebrating the delaying the release of an already highly anticipated game to understand the following: there's always going to be room for improvement. But in the grand scheme of things, is perpetually delaying the game good for player base and revenue? People don't have infinite patience; they don't want to be strung along month after month, year after year. There are over 100k+ players interested in this game. There is ZERO reason why release cannot occur as it already was planned.
Sounds like they just drop "persistence" and aim for a release instead. The reasons have been regurgitated over and over again. You disagree. That's fine. Too bad.
Those games have nothing in common. Everyone I know that plays MO hates New World ever since they did a 360 on what was initially pitched.

(ed: i cant read)

Last edited:

powN

Oct 2, 2020

I don't know about that one tho. I know people who tried MO2 and NW and they're way more hyped for NW release than MO. NW is just on another scale and it's just a different game. MMOs are already not that popular among gamers (if you look at statistics) and when you make it a hardcore, full loot MMO on top of that then it becomes a big niche.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I want you and everyone else that is celebrating the delaying the release of an already highly anticipated game to understand the following: there's always going to be room for improvement. But in the grand scheme of things, is perpetually delaying the game good for player base and revenue? People don't have infinite patience; they don't want to be strung along month after month, year after year. There are over 100k+ players interested in this game. There is ZERO reason why release cannot occur as it already was planned.

It really is not delaying anyone from playing. A donation can currently be made to play the game in beta for free until it does release.

Also in the notes I read it mentioned that they may be able to start selling preorders through steam, since they are skipping EA and doing a full release. With these preorders also giving free access to the beta.

So those hesitant to do donations will possibly have that option as well.

Basically anyone willing to play at the state it is currently in will be able to do so.

Last edited:

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
It really is not delaying anyone from playing. A donation can currently be made to play the game in beta for free until it does release.

Also in the notes I read it mentioned that they may be able to start selling preorders through steam, since they are skipping EA and doing a full release. With these preorders also giving free access to the beta.

So those hesitant to do donations will possibly have that option as well.

Basically anyone willing to play at the state it is currently in will be able to do so.

Very much this. It's understandable to want to play when the game is persistent so you don't lose progress, but anyone who hasn't tried the game has a lot of learning to do and learning where the stakes are low because of the wipe is the best time.

The knowledge you gain from playing in the pre-release is overwhelmingly valuable.

Reactions: Amadman

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Star Vault AB (publ) ("Star Vault" or "the Company") announces that the game Mortal Online 2 will after careful consideration continue in "closed beta" and during this phase implement already planned functions for a more complete gaming experience and then launch a more complete Mortal Online 2 on January 25, 2022.

Star Vault previously planned to let Mortal Online 2 enter Early Access on Steam on October 26, 2021. With the revised plan, the important so-called "housing system" will also be in place, which is considered central to be able to attract the broad mass of players to continue playing the game at a monthly cost (subscription). Star Vault estimates that the decision will significantly increase Mortal Online 2's gaming experience - and thus also the game's earning capacity.

Another interesting aspect is that Star Vault will now be able to offer pre-sale of Mortal Online 2, which would not have been possible during Early Access. Players who pre-sell the game will have access to the beta version of Mortal Online 2. “With the input we have, this is an easy decision to make. Mortal Online 2 has a fantastic potential that we want to take advantage of in the best way. We have a stable cash flow, continued player donations and soon income from advance purchases, which makes us extra confident in the decision. There is also no difference in the schedule to get the housing system in place in Mortal Online 2 ", says Star Vault's CEO, Henrik Nyström, in a comment.
You got your wish granted.
"https://www.avanza.se/placera/press...januari-2022-forkop-mojliggors-inom-kort.html " - "Star Vaults Mortal Online 2 skips Early Access and launches as a full release on January 25, 2022 - advance purchase possible soon (Cision) 2021-09-16 16:51"

Cautiously optimistic about this. I think it solves some problems, and if Google Translate meant "players who pre-buy" instead of players who pre-sell, even better.
[[FORM]Fnord

Laylah's W Sig by Rathius_X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett.png

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
"https://www.avanza.se/placera/press...januari-2022-forkop-mojliggors-inom-kort.html " - "Star Vaults Mortal Online 2 skips Early Access and launches as a full release on January 25, 2022 - advance purchase possible soon (Cision) 2021-09-16 16:51"

Cautiously optimistic about this. I think it solves some problems, and if Google Translate meant "players who pre-buy" instead of players who pre-sell, even better.
[[FORM]Fnord

View attachment 2110

That is what I got out out it. It looks like they will be able to offer preorders through steam with beta access.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021

[[FORM]Fnord

View attachment 2110
Yeah its google translate messing it up. You get beta access with the pre-order.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
If only more ppl would know mo, to bad marketing aint SVs strong point... i really hope they hire a company for it this time.
Considering over 40,000+ people attended the last stress test and 100k+ people are interested in the game I'd say there is sufficient exposure.

D

Dracu

Considering over 40,000+ people attended the last stress test and 100k+ people are interested in the game I'd say there is sufficient exposure.
mo1 had 400k+ registered users... game must have been crowded af and alive etc.... would one assume with that "raw" number.... right? :D
100k not enough! make that 10x!^^

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
mo1 had 400k+ registered users... game must have been crowded af and alive etc.... would one assume with that "raw" number.... right? :D
100k not enough! make that 10x!^^
Considering the servers were overloaded during steam release I'd say there were comparable numbers online during the time yes.

Gorukha

Sep 9, 2021
Oh to be young and naive again.....40k tried....and you think 100k will buy.....this reminds me of last MO steam release.....

Status
Not open for further replies.