Dec/Jan Roadmap Discussion

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Henrik said in discord they are considering other casting options. We're talking a combination of projectile and hitscan. It seems they do not have a definite stance on the issue. As we remember from mo1, many spells were hitscan when they were really projectiles in the animation. Here is the main convo from discord when he talked about it recently. Based on how this reads, they are improving the subjective "realism" of casting ecumenical spells. Spells like fireball could be projectiles, while spells like lesser healing and corrupt would stay hitscan. Like archery and the other systems, it seems we are getting improvements and not just a copy/paste which is awesome news and very exciting.View attachment 573
Not exactly sure if they are actually adding projectiles to ecu, or changing/removing some spells from ecu to fit a hitscan only magic school. Either way I'm glad Henrik is listening and wont just copy paste MO1 ecu. It looks very cheap just playing a homing projectile animation instead of real projectiles

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I like the new roadmap very much because with all features from the under development part implemented the game allows to be released.

Reactions: Vagrant

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Just a guess, but I'm assuming that Haven is pushed back b/c they're still working on the pieces they need for Haven, and there's no functional Haven to test without those pieces.
By "pieces" I mean working game mechanics; I'm not even including the tutorial stuff, which is on top of/after what they're currently working on.

Reactions: Xunila