Dealing with the pre-patch horse gear

Rulant

May 30, 2020
I know it isn't a huge deal since the game will be wiping with release in January but spending the time fixing the issue just to assure the community that you are able to deal with it as you've claimed would go a long way to reassuring MO1 players that you guys are learning from past mistakes. Old players returning is important and old players not telling everyone else they know not to play the game because SV hasn't learned from basic failures from MO1 is also important.

Trust in someone has to be earned and that includes with SV, we all love the game or we wouldn't have been here for as long as we have but getting some trust in SV back needs to happen to show old players who still like the game that things will be better this go-round.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
^^ @Najwalaylah IS THIS WHAT SECOND BASE FEELS LIKE? ooo. Gonna be here all week. Nah I'll stop.

Down several notches is fine.
SPOILER: (It feels like putting body and feet sideways while at full momentum, and then it's "Slide, Willy, slide". The trick is to get there before the ball does, and not skin your elbow.)
Now I have to quote this comment of mine from YouTube that's about things that are NOT exploits:
(I am not even implying exploits. The opposite.)

"Star Vault needs to learn that leaving in the stuff broken by a patch (either because it doesn't work any more, or works TOO well) always creates some kind of loss. When it works to some folks' unfair advantage, it creates more resentment than if things merely didn't work any longer and had to be replaced. That's like throwing good will from your players away with both hands.​
(There's) "Bad publicity in the form of people who can be heard talking about this on comms in videos that were made about 'Tha Making Of The Siege Of Tindrem' trailer*.​
_ _ _​
"What's wrong, Star Vault? Would it have been so hard to just take the old armour out at patch time? It's beta, after all. People might accept it. They will accept losing items. They will not accept situations where there is no way to win (to paraphrase Aralis)."​

*Not the actual video title.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I remember when they announced MO2 I thought one of the main things was to fix core issues, like prepatch items. Sadly, most of MO1 seems to have been pasted over. I'm not sure what SV learned from MO1 because most of the mistakes it made are already in MO2. And MO2 isnt even officially out yet.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I know it isn't a huge deal since the game will be wiping with release in January but spending the time fixing the issue just to assure the community that you are able to deal with it as you've claimed would go a long way to reassuring MO1 players that you guys are learning from past mistakes. Old players returning is important and old players not telling everyone else they know not to play the game because SV hasn't learned from basic failures from MO1 is also important.

Trust in someone has to be earned and that includes with SV, we all love the game or we wouldn't have been here for as long as we have but getting some trust in SV back needs to happen to show old players who still like the game that things will be better this go-round.
Holding onto Prepatch Gear is like a Mortal Online right to players who have it. Prepatch Steel in Mo1, Prepatch IronBone Mo2, Prepatch Lances Mo1...That Salty NeckBeard Kid who had the Sword Of Tears and didn't let anyone else have it... You get the picture. But you are talking about a Company that moves at a Snail Pace for development, wanting them to waste their development power to prove something can happen before release. If you want to ask Santa for a present this year, why not ask him to Fix Node Lines and stabilize Ping issues which would help the game after release? Otherwise Magic OP lol. Also I'll add this, SV already waste so much time nerfing stuff as it is, honestly we are going to be swinging Sticks and Rocks at each other if they don't stop nerfing everything. They already Nerfed Crab Meat Gold per a Stack, and nerfed all other food, it's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nudisto

Sep 21, 2021
Holding onto Prepatch Gear is like a Mortal Online right to players who have it. Prepatch Steel in Mo1, Prepatch IronBone Mo2, Prepatch Lances Mo1...That Salty NeckBeard Kid who had the Sword Of Tears and didn't let anyone else have it... You get the picture. But you are talking about a Company that moves at a Snail Pace for development, wanting them to waste their development power to prove something can happen before release. If you want to ask Santa for a present this year, why not ask him to Fix Node Lines and stabilize Ping issues which would help the game after release? Otherwise Magic OP lol. Also I'll add this, SV already waste so much time nerfing stuff as it is, honestly we are going to be swinging Sticks and Rocks at each other if they don't stop nerfing everything. They already Nerfed Crab Meat Gold per a Stack, and nerfed all other food, it's ridiculous.

It's not a waste of dev time, this is something that completely breaks the balance of the game. SV need to develop the tools that will deal with prepatch every time they have a balance patch. If it's this time consuming to do it now then there is a huge problem. Do you really want to see prepatch items post release for weeks or months simply because it takes too much dev time to take them out? I'm not saying this takes priority over other bugs, but they keep adding features without fixing any of the preexisting issues.