Day or Night

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
Stupid question, can you see anywhere if it is day or night in the game? I'd rather play during the day than at night. I am a solo player

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Just press alt+z and add a filter with with contrast. Let's you see at night as if it's day and reduces brightness at day. Makes a huge difference. basically gives you night vision

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Just press alt+z and add a filter with with contrast. Let's you see at night as if it's day and reduces brightness at day. Makes a huge difference. basically gives you night vision
Honestly, the game should have a contrast slider in its settings. Period.
And no, your imErSiOn argument does not work here, if StarVault wanted immersion in terms of light/darkness, they would do it the way Dayz does it, at night no matter how much you add you your monitor's brightness/contrast settings, or windows brightness settings, Black just turns into Gray.

There's no excuse for this, and i also personally found it very annoying having to keep changing my windows brightness every single day.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
And no, your imErSiOn argument does not work here, if StarVault wanted immersion in terms of light/darkness, they would do it the way Dayz does it, at night no matter how much you add you your monitor's brightness/contrast settings, or windows brightness settings, Black just turns into Gray.

There's no excuse for this, and i also personally found it very annoying having to keep changing my windows brightness every single day.

Have you ever been in the wild at night with the stars?

One can still see the mountains and forests in the distance.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

if u have nvidia just use alt+z and add a game filter to MO2

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
if u have nvidia just use alt+z and add a game filter to MO2
Thats not really a solution though is it? And im not talking about this one particular issue, Im talking in general, this game has a million unfinished, crappy syustems, lack of foundation, lack of easability, bugs and so on and so forth that, even if each and every one of these problems has a solution, as great as that solution may be, its only but a workaround that shouldn't be required to play a game.
We play games to have fun, not to troubleshoot why in god's name we respawn inside of walls, we play games to relax, not to get pissed at yet another bounty given to us 10.000 meters away that we have absolutely no way of doing, we play to pass time, not to waste time running through the woods because the closest respawn for a red player is half way across the map...

Mortal Online 2 is a combination of many many small problems that are ultimately leading to a death by a thousand cuts. And the overall dwindling population of the game is reflecting this.

Reactions: Ginger Magician

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Thats not really a solution though is it? And im not talking about this one particular issue, Im talking in general, this game has a million unfinished, crappy syustems, lack of foundation, lack of easability, bugs and so on and so forth that, even if each and every one of these problems has a solution, as great as that solution may be, its only but a workaround that shouldn't be required to play a game.
We play games to have fun, not to troubleshoot why in god's name we respawn inside of walls, we play games to relax, not to get pissed at yet another bounty given to us 10.000 meters away that we have absolutely no way of doing, we play to pass time, not to waste time running through the woods because the closest respawn for a red player is half way across the map...

Mortal Online 2 is a combination of many many small problems that are ultimately leading to a death by a thousand cuts. And the overall dwindling population of the game is reflecting this.

It's just not fun.

Mo1 was infinitely more derpy than this, but it was more fun. I haven't heard the faithful "Welcome to Mortal Online!" in awhile. It's like the old help chat meme, "I'm lost in the sewer with 100 gold on me!!" and someone is like I'm on my way!! haha.

Dude mentioned MO being a MMO and I think that's their problem: they tried to make MO more MMO like instead of leaving it as it was. Combat tho, imo, is the main thing that needs to be improved, if you air out the combat like 35% more action, more dmg, more hits, blood... faster time to kill, I think people would start ramping up. None of this bizarro world crap is new; it's mortal online. The thing is... it's just a shell atm.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

I've been asking SV to add brightness adjusters for nearly two years now. They won't. They won't balance the game either. You can either use work-arounds and enjoy what you can or just quit playing. In their mind they like players not being able to see at night because of realism or some dumb shit