Crop farming / non combat roles?

articulatedesign

Jan 16, 2022
Hi folks,

As a gamer of over 25 years now, I find i get the most satisfaction from games where i'm playing in ways I have the least amount of time spent in. With this in mind, I really enjoyed my time on archeage when it first came out years ago. I did no traditional leveling and just leveled up from farming, doing trade runs and selling items. I was wondering if this would be possible (or if it's planned to be) in MO2? Essentially just playing as a merchant / farmer and maybe training combat as a side hobby :D

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The big difference between ArcheAge and Mortal Online 2 you're going to run into is a complete lack of safezones. Even inside towns you will get ganked sometimes. And you're not generally going to make much money without leaving towns anyway. Well that and bad players can't just throw more gearscore on it and expect to win in MO2. XD

Seriously though. Think in terms of like raising sunken ships, salt water fishing, or moving cargo across the ocean. It can't be done safely but it's not really a combat activity. You may run into combat while you do it though. That's it. That's crafting life for MO2 in a nutshell.

In terms of leveling. No you can't level doing it at all. At least not all your skills. You can get like sprinting and strength up but not spears or mounted combat. But even with 100x removed Mortal Online has never been known for a major grind. Half your skills you can just macro grind up in an hour and SV have stated they don't even care if you do.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There are entire guilds in MO that are almost exclusively merchant/crafting guilds. Some of them even won wars, mostly by paying mercenaries to fight for them. There is even a guild currently dedicated to banking and the transport of money. You can deffinitely be a trader, or hunter, or crafter, or miner,or tamer, or farmer (mo1 had farms so we can assume they will implement them in mo2 eventually) as your main focus.

having said that, you will be attacked by pvpers just like any other person. So you cant remove yourself from the full loot pvp entirely, but you can try and stay away from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paffu and Priamus

articulatedesign

Jan 16, 2022
The big difference between ArcheAge and Mortal Online 2 you're going to run into is a complete lack of safezones. Even inside towns you will get ganked sometimes. And you're not generally going to make much money without leaving towns anyway. Well that and bad players can't just throw more gearscore on it and expect to win in MO2. XD

Seriously though. Think in terms of like raising sunken ships, salt water fishing, or moving cargo across the ocean. It can't be done safely but it's not really a combat activity. You may run into combat while you do it though. That's it. That's crafting life for MO2 in a nutshell.

In terms of leveling. No you can't level doing it at all. But even with 100x removed Mortal Online has never been known for a major grind. Half your skills you can just macro grind up in an hour and SV have stated they don't even care if you do.

Thank you for the explanation/comparison and that makes perfect sense! The reason for my question was mostly based around the idea that players can own houses, so i figured there must be a safe area or at least some land that players can own and I was hoping to farm on :D I should really have mentioned that i'm not opposed to combat entirely, just that it's always nice playing as a merchant and making gold!

I couldn't see any mention of crop / animal farming in MO or MO2 but I thought i'd just ask anyway. Perhaps i'll buy it regardless and see how much gold I can make in the world alone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think playing as a crafter / merchant is the best way to play because there's a lot more to do and strive for. If you play MO just for pvp or even PvE to an extent you'll get bored really fast, and at that point you might as well just be playing Mordhaul or something

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Thank you for the explanation/comparison and that makes perfect sense! The reason for my question was mostly based around the idea that players can own houses, so i figured there must be a safe area or at least some land that players can own and I was hoping to farm on :D I should really have mentioned that i'm not opposed to combat entirely, just that it's always nice playing as a merchant and making gold!

I couldn't see any mention of crop / animal farming in MO or MO2 but I thought i'd just ask anyway. Perhaps i'll buy it regardless and see how much gold I can make in the world alone

There are crop seeds in-game or at least there were at the part of beta I was testing alchemy. They currently do nothing and we have no word on how farming will work in MO2. Apparently, there was some form of it in late MO1 though? If anyone knows more about that, that's our best guess as to how it will be implemented in MO2

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The beauty of this game is that It's an open world where you can really play however you want.

You just have to accept loss when it comes and you are all good.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There are crop seeds in-game or at least there were at the part of beta I was testing alchemy. They currently do nothing and we have no word on how farming will work in MO2. Apparently, there was some form of it in late MO1 though? If anyone knows more about that, that's our best guess as to how it will be implemented in MO2
Yes Mo1 eventually had farming. They were plots that you could buy ( just like houses). You had to find a flat spot and put it down. Then you had to water it and plant seeds. Over a certain ammount of time you would get a harvestable crop, as long as you kept watering it. Pretty sure they had upkeep costs just like a house.