Criminals need to have actual punishments for playing as criminals.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
MO 1 failed because it was filled with toxic people who just ran around trying to find exploits to grief people nothing more. There wasn't PVP it was how can I break the game so I can get away with ruining other players ability to play.
Rust seems to be doing great tho. You sure it wasnt because it was a buggy unbalanced mess which bad animations and poor graphics.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
when bounty hunting comes out later that could add some depth, build up a huge bounty and have to fight off the bounty hunters as the reward for your head gets bigger and bigger.

Zygiert

Feb 15, 2022
IMO should be like UO. Murderers have RED status till expire. No entry to guarded towns. Red status recognizable by red coulour name.
Then set the timers right, like i.e. 24hrs online per kill. (subject to discuss, maybe 48h for the first, and 24h for consecutive kills)

It would make only real devoted killers to be killers and eliminate most of 'occasional' ganks for loot.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
IMO should be like UO. Murderers have RED status till expire. No entry to guarded towns. Red status recognizable by red coulour name.
Then set the timers right, like i.e. 24hrs online per kill. (subject to discuss, maybe 48h for the first, and 24h for consecutive kills)

It would make only real devoted killers to be killers and eliminate most of 'occasional' ganks for loot.
you need to understand as a new player here is that most players have over 5 MCs which makes them a red player and that you get MCs just from proactively defending your self or by accident in medium size fights. Turn off crim actions and you are getting hit by a grey dude and his blue friend is charging up attacks and you wont be able to hit him.

Red names were removed because it was being used to grief people. People would get a enemy some MCs by getting hit then dying to mobs or another player. If they go red they would be murdered in town and another person would jack the loot while the person who killed the red player just needed to respawn.

The entire point of the game is to kill other players for loot. Its a OK PvP game that has full loot and open world with meh PvE that is not challenging. Everything about the game is set up for players to fight each other. You are asking to punish players for playing the game.

Do you know how you limit ganking? You dont get ganked, keep your head on a swivel, learn to fight or get friends.

Zygiert

Feb 15, 2022
Do you know how you limit ganking? You dont get ganked, keep your head on a swivel, learn to fight or get friends.

Oh please, yes I'm noob. I know I have to watch out and don't get ambush. But try this - being constantly on the alert, disengaging groups at sight kinda deletes the major part of social aspects of the game.
If you're implying that my views are solely based on my experiences of being killed or gankd you're in the wrong. I know I have to git gud, but I don't want to gameplay be like Red Baron said "I won so many fights because I retreated from all of which I wasn't sure i can win" or sth like that.

People would get a enemy some MCs by getting hit then dying to mobs or another player. If they go red they would be murdered in town and another person would jack the loot while the person who killed the red player just needed to respawn.

UO had it right, and sometimes even there u had to kill blue, which attacked your grey friend (cause the friend misclicked and healed mob or someone blue went through his paralyze wall. Though life.

DISABLE CRIMINAL ACTION - problem solved. UO had exactly the same. U want me to learn not to be ganked? Same goes for you, ain't it? Learn not to get in those situations.

PS. by red status, i mean, visual indication + ability to kill this person withouth consequences (without getting crim, but if blue attacks red first, red don't get murdercount up by killing him). I admit I don't actually know exactly how does it work in MO2 yet.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Hahaha, that's the funniest shit I've seen yet. Yeah bro MO1 failed because of the players, you got it ALL figured out.
Fine it was also thanks to the trash tutorial, but that wouldn't have mattered if the playerbase wasn't pure toxic an it actually helped new players. To sum it up many new players experience was create a character press the play game button spawn into the tindrem garden die to some asshole waiting at the spawn. Well now you a ghost an have no idea how the fuck to respawn so you ask in help chat an the only useful answer you receive is "Google it" the rest are just people mocking you, and what the result when you type how to rez in MO into Google 5 years ago? The same result you get now nothing.

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
im agree i told about jail and bounty hunting million time no one listens. i came up with system and bail and many other stuff no one listetns. i come up with idea about guards on roads so its not just stupid guards but players actually hire those. read her https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/arrows-reagents.5726/ and no one listens. ive given up. u want best for ppl and no one care why should i care. this game has good potential but it will die eventually if they dont do anything ive given up my hope they just here for money not for people

Reactions: awakatanka

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
I had one fight with a guild called bandits outside the risar dungeon. We were preparing to do the dungeon when they rode up to the entrance. We negotiated for a minute and resolved to fight for who got to do the dungeon. That's good organic pvp content, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got punished for playing the game though. It's a really stupid punishment. I have to afk in game for 16 hours before I can continue playing. The walk from MK red priest was punishing already, I'm not going from sausage lake to MK on foot with no bandages because I played the game. Screw that.
The reputation tasks are stupid and boring and mediocre game design at very best, but they make some sort of sense. Removing red priests was just an awful decision by SV. The punishments for playing a murderer shouldn't just be your QoL gets nerfed into the toilet. That's an awful philosophy for a pvp game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I still wish a certain amount of pvp made you open pvp like before :/ would help the game so much. Even if that was the only downside (you could still enter towns, but outside of GZ you were open pvp.) That'd be the flag system I'd want.

@ Wolf, yea that's cool to actually have some talking and such. Them things are rare in any game. That's why i suggested that thing where I wish you could lay claim on an area or a resource and open up pvp in that area, too, so you could have no worries fights over stuff. - shrug -

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The entire point of the game is to kill other players for loot.
I think this sentence alone shows how warped and misguided your perception of the game is.

No matter how many times Henrik, the creator of the game, has repeated himself that this is not a "pvp game" it is a sandbox MMORPG, it seems some people still refuse to listen.

You're trying to put a square peg into a circle hole by playing this game as if it was all about pvp and nothing else, and then getting upset that the game isn't only catering to your personal playstyle.

This game is more than that, even if you don't want it to be.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
It is a full loot pvp sandbox mmorpg. Full loot pvp is part of the game's core. The fact that we talked first was cool, but it doesn't really change anything in regard to the mechanics of the game. The consequence of my pvp was strictly a QoL nerf. That seems to be the extent of the murdercount system right now. It's outdated. Also, reducing the number and locations of red priests was really bad. Jungle camp, cave camp, the risar dungeon priests, town red priests, etc. being made blue priests is really one of the worse decisions SV has made recently. We already have a reputation system. It should apply to priests as well. Lawless towns are lawless. That's the whole damn point. Anyone can be there. A hobo with a spear can be there waiting for you to spend your gold. It makes the game exciting.
Murdercounts and standing loss also punish you for winning. I think that's bad too. Five murdercounts for a massive QoL nerf is ridiculous. We are not playing MO1 where you were lucky to come across 5 people. Groups of 8 are not massive. One fight can lock you out of town for ages. Gaining reputation through tedious game mechanics is not my favorite thing. The value in being blue is obscenely high.
I have to say my bad for winning an outnumbered fight because I went grey first and just afk in morin khur for 16 hours as a ghost moving every 15 minutes 2 feet.
There are bad words for design like that.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
I still wish a certain amount of pvp made you open pvp like before :/ would help the game so much. Even if that was the only downside (you could still enter towns, but outside of GZ you were open pvp.) That'd be the flag system I'd want.

@ Wolf, yea that's cool to actually have some talking and such. Them things are rare in any game. That's why i suggested that thing where I wish you could lay claim on an area or a resource and open up pvp in that area, too, so you could have no worries fights over stuff. - shrug -
They still murdercounted the crap out of me so talking didn't do any good. Really lame IMO

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
@Tiberius
I believe if SV would implement just half of the AI-driven dynamic political system that The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall had (Skip to 1:32 of the video below to see an example of that) the problem you described would be solved.

A game released 25 years ago was doing what no game developer today has the stomach or attention to true immersion that Daggerfall had. Not to mention that tiny Bethesda back then managed to achieve it on a far smaller budget and manpower.

Reactions: Najwalaylah