Crafters: Repair Function

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
If you are a crafter that can create Impeccable items you should be able to repair them. Shields, Bows, Armor, Weapons ect... Then you should be able to refresh the items durability using the same materials you used to create the items to repair the item. It would promote people keeping their weapons and armor rather than tossing them out, you would be using materials already and that particular Crafter now is saught out to repair the item they made.

It will save you some materials if you survive a run and can fix up all the gear (Since you toss out weapons past 50 Durra) that you used to go on the run. This would make Impeccable items crafted with engraving tools more valuable.

I'd say that the durability of the item would determine how many units of that item would be needed to repair it. We already have these units for crafting so pulling it over a items durability and calculating its % to fix it up should be relatively easy.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
the crafting economy and demand are already bad enough, no need to make it even worse by letting people re-use the same crafted items forever and ever

Reactions: Ichorous

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
the crafting economy and demand are already bad enough, no need to make it even worse by letting people re-use the same crafted items forever and ever
If you are spending the exact same resources to repair an item as a reward for getting home alive than I see no problem as they will need a crafter of the same level, OR make it so that only the person who created the item can repair it. I see no problem with this system.

If anything, it opens up a repair service and demand for Impeccable gear, rather than good or excellent. The economy still flows as materials will be needed doubly so for repair, and crafting. They would need to come hunt you down by name to repair their items. If you are a consistent seller of quality gear, then you will get repair jobs for your items.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
If you are spending the exact same resources to repair an item as a reward for getting home alive than I see no problem as they will need a crafter of the same level, OR make it so that only the person who created the item can repair it. I see no problem with this system.

If anything, it opens up a repair service and demand for Impeccable gear, rather than good or excellent. The economy still flows as materials will be needed doubly so for repair, and crafting. They would need to come hunt you down by name to repair their items. If you are a consistent seller of quality gear, then you will get repair jobs for your items.

If they add repairs then the amount of rare weapons like tungsteel will only continue to increase and increase and increase because everyone would just repair them instead of buying new swords and then the market for new weapons would go even further down and it make the economy even more resource based than it already is. I guess my point is it makes it even harder than it already is to larp as a master blacksmith

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
If they add repairs then the amount of rare weapons like tungsteel will only continue to increase and increase and increase because everyone would just repair them instead of buying new swords and then the market for new weapons would go even further down and it make the economy even more resource based than it already is. I guess my point is it makes it even harder than it already is to larp as a master blacksmith
Not if you are the only one that can repair the weapons you made yourself. "Ah yes this blade was crafted by JasonNotBorn, we must travel to Moh Ki for he lives in the area." This is what would happen. You would already be known as a good crafter of some item or gear and people will need to either throw it out, buy a fresh new one or come to you with the sword.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Not if you are the only one that can repair the weapons you made yourself. "Ah yes this blade was crafted by JasonNotBorn, we must travel to Moh Ki for he lives in the area." This is what would happen. You would already be known as a good crafter of some item or gear and people will need to either throw it out, buy a fresh new one or come to you with the sword.
I hear what you want it to be, but 90% of guilds have their own master crafters and wouldnt need to travel for anything.

I am for repairs, but the overflow of items in the econ is indeed a problem that would need to be solved. Diminishing returns on repairs? Chance to fail? Bigger question than I have time to ponder rn.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Just encourages people to make everything themselves even more

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
The vast majority of these problems will be solved once a Subscription is added to the game. The current problem is I can log into 5 differant accounts after buying them on sale and just log in whenever I want.

If I need to spend 75usd a month to do that then the problem just goes away.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
The vast majority of these problems will be solved once a Subscription is added to the game. The current problem is I can log into 5 differant accounts after buying them on sale and just log in whenever I want.

If I need to spend 75usd a month to do that then the problem just goes away.
A guild will have master crafters at a bare minimum regardless of subscription, and sets will get doled out and repaired in mass.

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
A guild will have master crafters at a bare minimum regardless of subscription, and sets will get doled out and repaired in mass.
Data is showing that most new players are from small guilds & solo players. Not everyone will be able to front and play the game in a way that promotes that. Just because larger guilds will be able to do so in mass does not mean that all players will have the ability to do the same.

Making the game around the TOP end of the spectrum is the kind of stuff that leads to game design choices based solely for those at the top end or raiding.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Data is showing that most new players are from small guilds & solo players. Not everyone will be able to front and play the game in a way that promotes that. Just because larger guilds will be able to do so in mass does not mean that all players will have the ability to do the same.

Making the game around the TOP end of the spectrum is the kind of stuff that leads to game design choices based solely for those at the top end or raiding.
The issue that was mentioned is that high end materials specifically will become value-less. Top guilds and large guilds will always have monopoly over high end materials, and they will also be the ones who have crafting locked down.

Also, now that everyone can be a crafter, it will only take a new player or new guilds days or a week to build themselves up to having a smith that can repair.