Conflux Package needs to be a better value

Webby

Mar 25, 2021
The $149 donation option does not make sense and is a bad value compared to the $39 option.

I am generally the type who would opt to buy the higher tier package, but it is difficult to justify it in MO2.
  • The $39 "Standard" package gets you the game client and one-month subscription once persistent drops (a $15 value)
  • The $149 "Conflux" package gets you the game client and three-month subscription once persistent drops (a $45 value).
At $15 per month subscription, that is a $30 added value that Conflux gives over Standard. However, Conflux costs $110 more than Standard.

Yes, Conflux also gives a lifetime subscription to MO1 vesus two months with Standard. Ok, can we be honest here? Game time for MO1 is essentially worthless. With access to MO2 you will not be playing MO1 and the population in MO1 makes the game not worth playing anyway.

The only other bonus you get for the $149 Conflux package is one name reservation, for a premium of $110. Sorry, but while I would appreciate a name reservation, it is not justifiable for $110.

I would like to take the $149 option but there really needs to be a better incentive to do so. A simple solution would be to bump the subscription time from three months to six months (adding $45 in value to make the difference from Standard $75). The price difference between Standard and Conflux ($110) would make more sense and the name reservation and MO1 sub for the price difference would be more acceptable.

I feel the added subscription time would be better for initial revenue generation (as they would sell more Conflux packages) and would be better for the game long-term as people would have longer playtime to learn the game and become invested (i.e. want to play more and buy a subscription after the six months).

Alternatively, if SV doesn't want to include six months subscription then keep it at three months and lower the cost to $99 for the package.

Anyway, that is my suggestion and I hope the devs will give it genuine consideration.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
StarVault should remove the conflux package from the website! It has been great when I paid the price 15 month ago and got the MO1 lifetime package. But meanwhile it is worthless.