Concerning resource availability and productivity of Tindrem

Should tindrem contain the following resources in a guarded and relatively safe area?

• Total voters

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Old MO1 Tindrem was aids of a starter town. For noobs basically only 1 entrance to leave. Huge open field to get quickly fucked up by mounteds... And it was frequently camped.
After Haven I would recomment distributing new players between the towns randomly (maybe also lore based).
And give every town a few smaller, weaker dungeons in a ~1km radius around the town.

In general I think you should increase the amount of smaller dungeons in the world.
Maybe just 1 room with a few smaller creaturer and maybe a chest(without key, so equivalent of MO1 box).
So that the new player is able to find new things randomly without needing to know the specific dungeon positions.

With smaller dungeons I mean a small cave with e.g.
5 skeletons or
3 wolves or
2 dire wolves or
2 bandits or
3 risar slaves or
1 risar or

Just something that is worth killing for new players, but to small quantity of monsters for vets to be a viable farming spots.
And to get new players used to different types of monsters.

The issue with MO1 Tindrem is that there are too few farming spots. One GY. Every griefer basically went there and found a bunch of people to griefe within a small area. Better split up those spots and make a lot of smaller ones...

And regarding the thread's question. IMHO MO is about exploring. People should be encouraged to leave towns and explore. Not find everything they need within the town.
So clear no to anything farmable within towns.
Yes yes! 100% agree with all you have said! I wanted more dungeons and mid range materials because of this within city walls! But other players have said haven has everything up to mid tier already an shared bank space with tindrem bank. I had no idea as i started way before haven. But i still am not fully convinced Haven is the end all be all solution. You still need game content around a starting area to make a game more enticing an enjoyable and a damn graveyard an sewer just isn't enough.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Its all kind of tricky because a new player should have some option to raise their initial skills in town and SV does actually want players to be able to live exclusively in the cities if they choose to.

One idea would be to make it not legal to mine and cut on city property without proper authorization. Players could have an option to be hired by the city and be paid to do the mining and cutting that the city needs done. This however would only result in getting experience and pay for the work. But no actual resources are gathered and entered into the economy.

They could theoretically still be able to use said money to buy resources from the broker or off other players. Which would probably be good for the economy.

Though the pay should be relatively low compared to harvesting and selling actual ore one would have to get outside of cities.
This is a good idea! This actually reminds me of that Npc guard in gold armor in town that tells you to make money killing skeletons. I was often disappointed there wasn't more npcs offering jobs.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
This is a good idea! This actually reminds me of that Npc guard in gold armor in town that tells you to make money killing skeletons. I was often disappointed there wasn't more npcs offering jobs.
mate did you even play the first game? THERE WERE SO MANY NPCs giving jobs MEGNATON HEADS and BANDIT HEADS were all being asked for by the two npcs by tindrem gallows