Community Monthly Voting for Material Prices at Auction House? PERFECT IDEA!

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Damn that's good money lol you became a millionaire! ? Compared to that the most money i ever got was 1000g because someone wanted the Head of that Brewer guy and so i skillfully tracked him down. Waiting... Watching... Following him to the bathroom. You get the picture. And the very second he left the safety of that bank. I charged him with a spear to the spinal cord. And gutted him like a Fish. During his final moments in mercy mode It was then that i turned on my microphone to heavy breathe like a freak to intimidate and scare him ??. And tell him how long I've waited and that his head will fetch a hefty price.

1000g for a merc work is good payment!

• Love
Reactions: PoisonArrows

Kato

May 28, 2020
Lol no way ?? just like a guide npc on what current prices are. Btw what is your profile picture? A Orange Sperm? A Circus Peanut? A Shrimp? Or perhaps a Orange parrot? Whatever that creature is it looks interesting.
It's called Cock of the rock click on the text in my siganture and you will see the wikipedia page.

Also sorry i misread i thought you meant that you would be able to sell to the vendor, i see now what you mean and it could probably work but i also see that its just gonna get misused and wont help anyone

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PoisonArrows

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
Sounds like a massive amount of player input for something so trivial - prices have to be competitive on the broker, otherwise you will lose sale to another seller - if you have the monopoly on the sale then milk that shit!

I got in an argument over selling calx powder heinously overpriced on the forums... yes it was ridiculous debate but it’s just part of why the game is (was) so good- player/community interaction: speak to each other about price on forums/in game, dont handhold too hard with meta voting systems, I reckon

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
why not just vote on price as we always have, as the market dictates. if you think its a reasonable price, you buy, if you dont, you dont buy.

sure there may be some 'monopolies' that form but theres generally a pvp solution to that problem.

-barcode

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Sounds like a massive amount of player input for something so trivial - prices have to be competitive on the broker, otherwise you will lose sale to another seller - if you have the monopoly on the sale then milk that shit!

I got in an argument over selling calx powder heinously overpriced on the forums... yes it was ridiculous debate but it’s just part of why the game is (was) so good- player/community interaction: speak to each other about price on forums/in game, dont handhold too hard with meta voting systems, I reckon
My strategy was more or less selling things for more then they are worth. Cuz if players wanted it they'd basically buy for any price. But feels bad when you buy something for 100g and realize you bought Bone tissue expilator armor labeled as steel "max lores" or the same thing for 25g and you have no clue what bone tissue is or hell it isn't even labeled in description and you get ripped off buying what you thought was good armor but it was shit armor. Happened like 1000 times to everyone when they 1st started this game. Admit it.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
why not just vote on price as we always have, as the market dictates. if you think its a reasonable price, you buy, if you dont, you dont buy.

sure there may be some 'monopolies' that form but theres generally a pvp solution to that problem.

-barcode
That it literally the suggestion i already made. XD that's why I'm confused some ppl seem against a Npc listing current voted on prices. Lmao i mean having a Npc in game near auction house is better then scrolling through old as dirt forums that have Cob webs on them trying to locate it is hard enough.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
1000g for a merc work is good payment!
The important thing is the Customer was happy. The reasoning for the Brewer guys head being 1000g was because someone was outraged and said the man was destroying player economy with low prices an they said he sold junk. ??

Reactions: Ibarruri

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
That it literally the suggestion i already made. XD that's why I'm confused some ppl seem against a Npc listing current voted on prices. Lmao i mean having a Npc in game near auction house is better then scrolling through old as dirt forums that have Cob webs on them trying to locate it is hard enough.
perhaps you misunderstand.... i mean for normal market forces to dictate the price, vote with your golds not with some other system.

it would be very nice if sv implemented a commodities market for all the commodity materials, that would be a very welcome change.

-barcode

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
The important thing is the Customer was happy. The reasoning for the Brewer guys head being 1000g was because someone was outraged and said the man was destroying player economy with low prices an they said he sold junk. ??

I did some business with the brewer in the old days and he was always decent and honorable. Regarding prices, no one, not even ICH in its glory days, ever had the power to destroy Myrland's economy. I think their clients were a little exaggerated.
On the other hand, I believe that each merchant has every right to sell at the price he or she considers appropriate.

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
My strategy was more or less selling things for more then they are worth. Cuz if players wanted it they'd basically buy for any price. But feels bad when you buy something for 100g and realize you bought Bone tissue expilator armor labeled as steel "max lores" or the same thing for 25g and you have no clue what bone tissue is or hell it isn't even labeled in description and you get ripped off buying what you thought was good armor but it was shit armor. Happened like 1000 times to everyone when they 1st started this game. Admit it.

yeah man, it happens (being ripped off, scammed, robbed). Once bitten, twice shy and all that. It’s just part of the nonstandard gameplay style isn’t it?

When Grey Fox scammed that guy by selling him the “BeckStab” player-written book as if it was the backstab skill book... that video was one of the reasons I just had to make an account and play MO for myself- another reason was reading about ICH and SHOP merchant guilds on the forums too- absence of rules = more freedom I reckon... at the expense of hard lessons earlier on

tldr: what I am trying to say is, players should just take some self-responsibility to avoid being ripped off, instead of relying on some detached metadata collection (which you wouldn’t even have to take part in to reap the benefits of) to make sure you don’t get scammed in a sandbox mmo ? After all, if you part with 100g for steel direptor and then find out it’s bone tissue, who’s fault is that really? ?

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
yeah man, it happens (being ripped off, scammed, robbed). Once bitten, twice shy and all that. It’s just part of the nonstandard gameplay style isn’t it?

When Grey Fox scammed that guy by selling him the “BeckStab” player-written book as if it was the backstab skill book... that video was one of the reasons I just had to make an account and play MO for myself- another reason was reading about ICH and SHOP merchant guilds on the forums too- absence of rules = more freedom I reckon... at the expense of hard lessons earlier on

tldr: what I am trying to say is, players should just take some self-responsibility to avoid being ripped off, instead of relying on some detached metadata collection (which you wouldn’t even have to take part in to reap the benefits of) to make sure you don’t get scammed in a sandbox mmo ? After all, if you part with 100g for steel direptor and then find out it’s bone tissue, who’s fault is that really? ?
even with average prices you can still scam weres the problem, its just a visual inof what is sold on what prices. Resources and stuff.

Its not possible to mkae average prices for non NPC items, Like costom crafts and stuff you will never see an average price because its not reverse engeenierable to know what its made of so the average prices would be only reosurces and all stuff npc's sell and buy.

all player made stuff wouldn't have any average price. so yeah no problems with your concern :)

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
even with average prices you can still scam weres the problem, its just a visual inof what is sold on what prices. Resources and stuff.

Its not possible to mkae average prices for non NPC items, Like costom crafts and stuff you will never see an average price because its not reverse engeenierable to know what its made of so the average prices would be only reosurces and all stuff npc's sell and buy.

all player made stuff wouldn't have any average price. so yeah no problems with your concern :)

Its difficult to defend my arguments with 2 people at the same time (you and OP) When you both have different opinions on how this mechanic would be implemented- OP gives example of getting scammed out of 100g through buying ironbone direptor on broker, and you debunk my return argument by saying it won’t be possible? You are preaching to the wrong choir mate

Any other “visual” for raw materials “voted value” in game is surely too hand-holding. I am cringing even typing this out. Sounds like grand exchange from runescape
??

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

also had the honor of being scammed by the Honorable Grayfox thief, to be honest I wear it as a garment of honor, since he was the best in his profession. On the other hand, I consider him a friend, so I'm not too concerned about his little prank.
You are absolutely right about what you argue, each player is responsible for their operations, and just like in the real world you expose yourself to being fucked in the ass. Myrland was like that, is like that, and will continue to be like that forever.
On the other hand, I managed to offer quite successful intermediation services in my stage of ICH and in RBT as well.

It worked quite well. I even acted as third man in the transfer of two keeps and things like that. It makes me proud to think that people trusted me.

Reactions: Stormchops

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Its difficult to defend my arguments with 2 people at the same time (you and OP) When you both have different opinions on how this mechanic would be implemented- OP gives example of getting scammed out of 100g through buying ironbone direptor on broker, and you debunk my return argument by saying it won’t be possible? You are preaching to the wrong choir mate

Any other “visual” for raw materials “voted value” in game is surely too hand-holding. I am cringing even typing this out. Sounds like grand exchange from runescape
??
henrik once said for the repair thread, its no possible to know what materials are that wepaon or that armor is out of.
so yeah forget average prices for armor or weapons, because it cant work. it simply cant work. ONly if sv will use a new DB table just for crafted items of MOrtal wich they dont use because they ar enot so stupic to waste so much time and performance for this nonsense.

so the only possible way would be average prices for resources itself or stuff that it not a player made item. htats possible without (to much effort)
and i would be cool, because it dont prevent scam, it just removed an annoying barier for new players, so visible prices what stuff sold for would be perfect to know what the prices are withotu guessing every little shit.

• Love

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

Well, in a limited time frame a player with enough knowledge can set an approximate price, although as you say, prices are variable almost all the time. So you can't set guide prices for a long time.:love:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
henrik once said for the repair thread, its no possible to know what materials are that wepaon or that armor is out of.
so yeah forget average prices for armor or weapons, because it cant work. it simply cant work. ONly if sv will use a new DB table just for crafted items of MOrtal wich they dont use because they ar enot so stupic to waste so much time and performance for this nonsense.

so the only possible way would be average prices for resources itself or stuff that it not a player made item. htats possible without (to much effort)
and i would be cool, because it dont prevent scam, it just removed an annoying barier for new players, so visible prices what stuff sold for would be perfect to know what the prices are withotu guessing every little shit.

When I made weapons, I used the standard price for metals and other materials, plus 10% of their total value, as my service fee. That gave me an acceptable price. It was a system similar to that of our beloved master, the great Ichorus. In fact he was the one who taught me hahaha

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020

to the top bit- I don’t know what else to say other than you’re talking to the wrong dude- tell that to OP, not me

to the second paragraph- putting up average prices for your convenience does put up barriers- it unnecessarily removes player interaction

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Well, in a limited time frame a player with enough knowledge can set an approximate price, although as you say, prices are variable almost all the time. So you can't set guide prices for a long time.:love:
it wouldn't be set in the long run. It would show the everage prices if the prices rises the average price rices the market regulate itself. like in real life with price checks over ebay and stuff were they show you the average rpcie of produkt xy someone sold, to orientate were your price range is if you have no plan.

its good xD

jut like every other mmo jsut show the price ranges SV, what people actualyb bought to give people info what is worth what just to know if something is worth something or not.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
to the top bit- I don’t know what else to say other than you’re talking to the wrong dude- tell that to OP, not me

to the second paragraph- putting up average prices for your convenience does put up barriers- it unnecessarily removes player interaction
how on planet earth it would remove player iteraction tell me that?

it just gives you an idea what is worth what, and you dont have to whats the damn price check threads in forum that are outdated on the day they posted. so you dont have to alt tab. its better or not?

• Haha

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I always thought that the addition of buy orders gave some idea of what players where willing to pay for resources at least.

The broker system did have some major issues/limitations though. Like needing an item before you could put in a buy order. It also was not easy to browse and often felt empty.

I look forward to see what they do with it in MO2 though.

As for the forums, I think it is good to have that as an option. But, I dont think it should be required go outside of the game to get information that one could expect to be in the actual game world some where.

Besides, the forums price checks type threads often dont reflect regional pricing or recent events that may have changed current prices.