Communication Policy Changes

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Communication Policy Changes

We have made slight changes to our communication policy this month.

Breaches of the Communication policy will not result in bans/strikes unless in very extreme situations. Instead, communications (both voip and chat) will be removed from players temporarily or permanently. Breaking this policy over and over will result in a communication ban permanently.

Please review it here: https://www.mortalonline2.com/in-game-chat-and-voip-communication-policy/

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Old strikes under the older policy will not be reversed.

thymirical

Feb 8, 2024
can we know about the policy regarding being in proximity of someone else who says something and how to not get in trouble for their actions?
I know this sounds like a troll question however unfortunately it is not and i would like to know how the rules work better so that no one else gets in trouble and treated the way i did.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Isnt your whole guild known for constant harassment and screaming racial slurs and insults? Dont know if im mixing something up here but maybe you shouldnt associate with people like this if you don't wanna be banned.

thymirical

Feb 8, 2024
Well Rahz that may be something that people claim about us and in the past we did have a member who did say very inappropriate things however that is simply not the case anymore. but I have been playing this game since beta and I dont say or type anything against the terms of service into the game. I am I am currently perma muted from voip and text for unknowingly being in proximity of a guild member who said something inappropriate to a "female" character. i myself would never do such a thing and as a general rule in my guild we do not speak to "female" characters mostly as a roleplay aspect to our guild but also it comes with a high level of risk if they find something offensive.

I personally do not engage in any communication with such characters and I defenitly would not break any of the terms of service in anyway. i think I deserve to be un Perma muted from text and voip. I no longer expect an apology for the things said and done to me which i find unjust unfair and rude. I simply want to be unbanned as i did nothing wrong besides be nearby.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Well Rahz that may be something that people claim about us and in the past we did have a member who did say very inappropriate things however that is simply not the case anymore. but I have been playing this game since beta and I dont say or type anything against the terms of service into the game. I am I am currently perma muted from voip and text for unknowingly being in proximity of a guild member who said something inappropriate to a "female" character. i myself would never do such a thing and as a general rule in my guild we do not speak to "female" characters mostly as a roleplay aspect to our guild but also it comes with a high level of risk if they find something offensive.

I personally do not engage in any communication with such characters and I defenitly would not break any of the terms of service in anyway. i think I deserve to be un Perma muted from text and voip. I no longer expect an apology for the things said and done to me which i find unjust unfair and rude. I simply want to be unbanned as i did nothing wrong besides be nearby.
Thanks for clarifying. If what you said is true ( and i dont see much of a reason to not believe you right now) i agree. Its always nice to hear both sides of the story. Since Im playing in Vadda and Moh Ki mostly, am i in danger of being proximity banned? :D

thymirical

Feb 8, 2024
well my best advice for you or anyone as i dont make up the rules is to...
if you hear something say something..
report anything and everything and clarify that you are offended and do not side with the offending party.
you must make it clear to the gms that you yourself had no role in anything done or said before someone else makes a report which might implicate you a silent accomplice.

thymirical

Feb 8, 2024
unfortunately for me i had the game sound muted and only heard about my implications from discord once i finished up with a phone call i was in.

• Sad
Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
well my best advice for you or anyone as i dont make up the rules is to...
if you hear something say something..
report anything and everything and clarify that you are offended and do not side with the offending party.
you must make it clear to the gms that you yourself had no role in anything done or said before someone else makes a report which might implicate you a silent accomplice.
Urgh.. so if someone gets offended by what was ment as a joke, we're in unsafe territory?! Thats rough. Really hope SV has logs and at least some sense of humor, else its always a he said, she said situation and banning a paying customer over rumors/hearsay would be really, really bad for roleplay. I mean if you guys were to enslave my sheevra and force me to mine, id start singing.

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
This is honestly why I don't play this game. I want to play the game it's just hard to put time into a MMO where you could get banned or chat revoked for things you didn't even do. I'm not even being spiteful or anything, it's legitimately a big problem.