Combat keybinds.

jplus

May 8, 2024
There is a great feeling to learning keybinds for attacks. And only wish there could be added a keybind modifier for blocking directions.

Example:

Holding "Alt" for blocking when pressing attack direction.
Letting go of alt and hitting the attack direction will do the standard charge up. Given the right settings.

This kind of change could open alot of playstyle and enable people to go into full keybinds. No drag to click or click to drag needed.

Reactions: MortalEnjoyer42069

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There is a great feeling to learning keybinds for attacks. And only wish there could be added a keybind modifier for blocking directions.

Example:

Letting go of alt and hitting the attack direction will do the standard charge up. Given the right settings.

This kind of change could open alot of playstyle and enable people to go into full keybinds. No drag to click or click to drag needed.
Very few people use mouse drag for directional attacks or blocks. Its too unreliable. Movement keys is the way to go for both attack and block. It also allows you to look one way and block the other way, which you cant do with click to drag. You also cant do spin attacks with click to drag because you need your mouse to spin around, as well as the animation hides( or swing hide) which require you to point the mouse in specific spots when you are doing a swing.

Last edited:

jplus

May 8, 2024
Yeah but that's doesn't open free movement.

Where can you go to give feedback about mechanics? I don't think it would be a hard add and I'm not sure if ita been spoken on yet.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you are talking about using a single key-bind for each directional attack (to bypass having to click the mouse) and then just having a modifier to change into a block, then its not quite so simple.

I have tried that with a geforce keyboard that lets you create key stroke macros. The issues is that often time you need to hold the attack/block, and a preset macro doesn't allow that.

Even if it did, you would have to hold that key while using the WASD keys to move. Or hold that key plus the modifier (to block) and use WASD to move around. Not sure its even possible with one hand.

You can post in Feedback and Suggestions but SV doesnt really read these forums. Only Robmo makes the odd appearance here. They are active on their Discord channel but its an open live chat format.

MortalEnjoyer42069

May 4, 2024

Example:

I agree. The community has been asking for this since alpha, but I guess it's beyond SV's abilities.