Combat is boring, a note to Henrik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I feel like the luxuries of the alpha also skew the perspective many of you have with the combat, and you'll find in the future it won't last.

The combat benefits numbers, not mechanical skill.

Guess I'll just look forward to abusing what ever they add does the most damage because I don't see myself playing a fighter on foot as it stands right now.

This will be funny to look back on.

JimLit

Nov 20, 2020
You guys are acting like its not going to devolve exclusively into mounted combat anyway.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You guys are acting like its not going to devolve exclusively into mounted combat anyway.

Right. Because that's far from guaranteed. We haven't even seen the mounted combat system they intend to use yet or what counters will be available to it. How can we presume mounted combat will be the only type of combat?

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Right. Because that's far from guaranteed. We haven't even seen the mounted combat system they intend to use yet or what counters will be available to it. How can we presume mounted combat will be the only type of combat?

Because the combat on foot, currently, is terrible.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'll ask them to make mounted combat even worse just for you, ok?

JimLit

Nov 20, 2020

unless they add a boat load of dungeons, 99% of any pvp/pve will happen in a vast wilderness only masochists would be cought in without a horse. just like the first game went.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
unless they add a boat load of dungeons, 99% of any pvp/pve will happen in a vast wilderness only masochists would be cought in without a horse. just like the first game went.

The flying mounts should help.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Boats should help too. I'm assuming mounted builds will fall off a bit in popularity when ships make in because a mounted build would likely be horrible on a ship deck.

Also, is that a jest? Are they actually doing flying mounts?

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Boats should help too. I'm assuming mounted builds will fall off a bit in popularity when ships make in because a mounted build would likely be horrible on a ship deck.

Also, is that a jest? Are they actually doing flying mounts?

it's a poor joke sorry.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Oh good. Was going to say any prevalent use of flying mounts would break the game. If they made it in it would have to be something very special that's not easily accessible.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I'll ask them to make mounted combat even worse just for you, ok?
You say that with sarcasm, but the funny thing it'll probably be busted just like it was in MO1 if MO2 foot melee is reflective of what is to come.

Hey man, it's not like I know anything. /s

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You say that with sarcasm, but the funny thing it'll probably be busted just like it was in MO1 if MO2 foot melee is reflective of what is to come.

Hey man, it's not like I know anything. /s

It's all part of my sinister plan to get them to destroy everything that isn't domination so I can be the very best.

w03MFY.gif

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I feel like the luxuries of the alpha also skew the perspective many of you have with the combat, and you'll find in the future it won't last.

The combat benefits numbers, not mechanical skill.

Guess I'll just look forward to abusing what ever they add does the most damage because I don't see myself playing a fighter on foot as it stands right now.

This will be funny to look back on.

The funny thing this time around people can´t even claim that foot fighting has a higher skill ceiling.

It's all part of my sinister plan to get them to destroy everything that isn't domination so I can be the very best.

w03MFY.gif

Which will be ironic, because being the very best won´t mean anything at that point.

May 28, 2020
Only team fights with all the game mechanics implemented matter anyways. Better to have simpler, slower paced combat that dissatisfies duel junkies than having broken stuff happen, because you just can't force the required speeds on a mmo netcode. With all the stuff that goes on such as mounts, pets, magic, etc... that will happen in a proper fight parry whoring becomes less important and have a decreased impact. Regarding the foot fighter matter... I don't see this happening at all unless there will be mounts for multiple people to hop on considering the size of the world.

Reactions: Ministro

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't see this happening at all unless there will be mounts for multiple people to hop on considering the size of the world.

That would actually be pretty cool to see something like wagons implemented. It's confirmed we're going to get ships so I could see it potentially getting in around the same time that happens.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Only team fights with all the game mechanics implemented matter anyways. Better to have simpler, slower paced combat that dissatisfies duel junkies than having broken stuff happen, because you just can't force the required speeds on a mmo netcode. With all the stuff that goes on such as mounts, pets, magic, etc... that will happen in a proper fight parry whoring becomes less important and have a decreased impact. Regarding the foot fighter matter... I don't see this happening at all unless there will be mounts for multiple people to hop on considering the size of the world.
Actually parry whoring has less impact on group fights NOW that you cant get heals. Just wait till magic is in and you can parry 3 kids at once while getting heal bombed by mages, its gonna be so much fun...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Actually parry whoring has less impact on group fights NOW that you cant get heals. Just wait till magic is in and you can parry 3 kids at once while getting heal bombed by mages, its gonna be so much fun...

Hopefully. If they add in some special moves for foot fighters to restrict the mobility of people trying to get by them then you might have things like heavy melees clashing at the front while people move to get flanks and stuff. Actual battlefield tactics.

Reactions: you and Garfielf
Status
Not open for further replies.