Clade Progression

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Currently the clade progression system leads to people grinding low difficulty mobs to expediate the process of getting clades rather than going throughout the world to finish clades.

My suggestion is to limit the amount of clade levels certain mobs grant so that people have a pseudo progression of mob farming so certain places get more traffic and there is a feeling of advancement and accomplishment when reaching certain clade levels. Example would be you could only get experience from walking dead up to level 5 so afterwards they do not award xp.

A rough draft of this system would be:

Walking dead: 0-5 clade levels.
Bandits: 5-10 clade levels.
Risars: 10-15 clade levels.
Minotaurs: 15-18 clade levels.
Bosses: 18-20 clade levels.

So there are tons of other mobs in game, rats, sators, scoundrels ect. But this is just a crude framework of how the game should be awarding clade xp.

Reactions: Nefnate

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
That would basically prevent solos from progressing past 15, and put smaller guilds at a disadvantage again. This is a sandbox game so limiting player's options isn't a good thing. Walking dead are a waste of time after 5 gifts anyway.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
That would basically prevent solos from progressing past 15, and put smaller guilds at a disadvantage again. This is a sandbox game so limiting player's options isn't a good thing. Walking dead are a waste of time after 5 gifts anyway.
There is already a huge slew of content that is locked behind group play. So why should clades be any different? Minotaurs are killable with 4ish players with bows pretty easy. The only problem would be boss mobs as some of them are quite difficult.

Also walking dead are not a waste of time after 5 gifts, I spent 8ish hours grinding zombies in haven at 4xp per mob and made it to 16 clades. I'm basically finished with my clade progression (last 4 gifts are not important for me) and all I had to do is kill zombies.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
There is already a huge slew of content that is locked behind group play. So why should clades be any different?
Because you can't buy clades from a broker. All the other stuff that you need to do group content for at least has a chance to be listed for sale.
Big groups don't really need another buff.

Minotaurs are killable with 4ish players with bows pretty easy. The only problem would be boss mobs as some of them are quite difficult.

If you can even get there. Mino dungeon was a pvp hotspot during beta, and now i'm afraid those 4ish players will rarely get a chance to try a mino.

Also walking dead are not a waste of time after 5 gifts, I spent 8ish hours grinding zombies in haven at 4xp per mob and made it to 16 clades.
Meanwhile we were farming risars and got enough grainsteel to level our weaponsmith and enough gold to create a guild and build a stronghold.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Because you can't buy clades from a broker. All the other stuff that you need to do group content for at least has a chance to be listed for sale.
Big groups don't really need another buff.

If you can even get there. Mino dungeon was a pvp hotspot during beta, and now i'm afraid those 4ish players will rarely get a chance to try a mino.

Meanwhile we were farming risars and got enough grainsteel to level our weaponsmith and enough gold to create a guild and build a stronghold.
Seems kinda a pointless flex to bring up your guilds ability to get clades and money. You killed risars and got tons of other materials, thats awesome man but it doesn't mean anything when talking about the ease of killing 1 mob till 20 clades.

Should players be able to achieve everything from the safety of a pig farm and a graveyard? Because this idea would actually promote people going to many places to get clades rather than the ones they could safely achieve. MO2 is not a race to the finish so you can flex with cronite, ogh ect and dunk your enemies and shouldn't be built around that idea. MO2 is a social game that should promote grouping together with strangers or joining a guild to finish content. Run into players and fight and create interesting situations not some boring treadmill because everyone deserves a medal for participation.

Also what is your groups clade gifts level at after 8 hours of splitting risars xp between however many you have? 😂

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Seems kinda a pointless flex to bring up your guilds ability to get clades and money. You killed risars and got tons of other materials, thats awesome man but it doesn't mean anything when talking about the ease of killing 1 mob till 20 clades.
I'm saying that it's more profitable and gives more/same xp as zombies, but with more effort and risk involved. Not every MMO has to be about killing stronger and stronger mobs till you get to max level. We have a choice to kill weak mobs to get there, i don't see a problem here. I personally wouldn't bother with zombies.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I'm saying that it's more profitable and gives more/same xp as zombies, but with more effort and risk involved. Not every MMO has to be about killing stronger and stronger mobs till you get to max level. We have a choice to kill weak mobs to get there, i don't see a problem here. I personally wouldn't bother with zombies.
If I was placing an focus on what is most efficient come terms of money and clade xp I wouldn't be talking about zombies in haven. But I'd like to know what clade xp you guys are at after 8 hours of farming risars with a group. And I'm talking just clade xp because that is the literal title of the thread and the point.

If you don't see a problem with someone staying in haven and maxxing your clades to 20 while most other players are stuck competing with players for clade, killing players in competition for clade, and waiting on limited spawn times then I think you may be deluding yourself that not taking advantage of haven was a good idea.

Also this game is all about progression, risk vs reward and difficulty spikes in all aspect of gameplay. Yes it is a sandbox and full of sand but it has always been a system of increasing gear, skills, and wealth to beat the opponent. So idk why clades should be placed in a different category and be allowed to finish without any increase in difficulty.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If I was placing an focus on what is most efficient come terms of money and clade xp I wouldn't be talking about zombies in haven. But I'd like to know what clade xp you guys are at after 8 hours of farming risars with a group. And I'm talking just clade xp because that is the literal title of the thread and the point.
Around 15. There are also places where risars are super weak (like slightly stronger version of zombies) and plentiful (again, as plentiful as GY zombies are) - and still give 45 exp - but we found them a bit late.

Reactions: Tzone

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Around 15. There are also places where risars are super weak (like slightly stronger version of zombies) and plentiful (again, as plentiful as GY zombies are) - and still give 45 exp - but we found them a bit late.
You killed roughly 300 risars, at 45xp each(no sharing xp) in 8 hours?

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
i didn't count lol, but it's easier than 3000 zombies
If you don't even know what you did how can you be confident in this claim. At this point there's no point to argue you're just wasting my time.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If you don't even know what you did how can you be confident in this claim. At this point there's no point to argue you're just wasting my time.
You really expect people to count mobs they kill?
Dude, believe me or not it's your business, you can sit in haven till 20 clades killing zombies for all i care, it's actually a smart move given the current situation. I'm sure max gifts will serve you well with your flakestone sword when you finally decide to join Myrland.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
You really expect people to count mobs they kill?
Dude, believe me or not it's your business, you can sit in haven till 20 clades killing zombies for all i care, it's actually a smart move given the current situation. I'm sure max gifts will serve you well with your flakestone sword when you finally decide to join Myrland.
It's obvious how shortsighted you are by assuming i'll have only flakestone when there is the ability to have multiple accounts and entire guilds to support eachother.

I wasn't even expecting you to count the mobs you kill. It takes roughly 300 risars to get to 15+ clades I'm saying getting 300 risar kills in 8 hours is pretty impressive if that's what you actually did. Which I just don't really believe with how unstable the servers are and the respawn rates.

Your claim is that farming walking dead isn't worth it, which is false for 99% of players of the game. So That's all I'm arguing here.