Citites bad design, pve in the immediate surroundings.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Theres this real problematic that cities are built to have resources in the immediate surroundings, for example Batki has a lot of granum not far from the city, a bunch of nodes outside the city and on the roads but in the actual wilderness, mountains and side-paths theres absolutly no resources, completly empty barren places where people can't find anything to do.

I really thought that concerning the general size and design of the world resources would be scattered in the wilderness forcing players to leave town to gather shit, to travel and transport materials, and generally encouraging the exploration of the world and capitalizing the geographic knowledge. Yet cities design works the opposite way, concentrating most of the resources in town and the immediate surroundings, forcing players to populate these areas and not to leave them is piss poor ass design.

Right now theres 3 myrland instances and i often find all granum spots taken or mined in at least 2 instances, imagine when and if the game manages to merge all the population into one instance.

Same happens with creatures and such, very few spawns in specific areas where theres already other activities. For example bandit camp next to batki is surrounded by most of the animal spawns available in the area, springboks, bears, wolfs and shitty mongrel horses. This would only work if there were more points of interest and a higher quantity of creature spawns and such in different areas around the general area of a town.

Henrik mentioned that for launch they would inject way more spawns in the world and such but to be honest i've barely see any spawns-resources increments nor a better placement of such resources in terms of populating the empty world.

Players should be encouraged to keep travelling between spawns areas instead of having to wait for respawns.

The general idea should be to make people leave cities and use them as a tool instead of placing really important resources right away from the city, specially when the general direction of the game concerning flag and standing system goes towards moving conflict away from the cities.

Right now theres a real bad use of the map space and geography.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk about granum but I agree 90% of the time all the bandits are dead when I get there and being camped by some long bow boy. The only way to effectively farm them is to log off and relog every hour to kill them. Which is a shame because most people can't do that and just want to grind some bandits for fun.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Idk about granum but I agree 90% of the time all the bandits are dead when I get there and being camped by some long bow boy. The only way to effectively farm them is to log off and relog every hour to kill them. Which is a shame because most people can't do that and just want to grind some bandits for fun.
Happens with every resource and spawn, contesting is definitely an option but theres no real alternatives. Right now people exploiting the ability to switch servers to actually farm shit, and its fucking sad players have to do that XD

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Happens with every resource and spawn, contesting is definitely an option but theres no real alternatives. Right now people exploiting the ability to switch servers to actually farm shit, and its fucking sad players have to do that XD

wouldn't mind if they made it so you had to fight over resources but the problem is the resource is already gone and going to take like 40 minutes to respawn. Why kill someone over that, it's not going to bring back the bandits lol

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
wouldn't mind if they made it so you had to fight over resources but the problem is the resource is already gone and going to take like 40 minutes to respawn. Why kill someone over that, it's not going to bring back the bandits lol
You can fight over what was looted, and contest the place but like you said, gotta wait for shit to respawn. Shit like that cannot happen, instead of having to wait for shit to respawn the world should offer more alternatives. The amount of spawns of creatures, npcs and resources does not make any sense considering the amount of people playing.
Shit is already contested in 3 instances of the same myrland, whats gonna happen when/if they they merge into one, people gonna be smashing their heads off with bone tissue mauls over a bandit head and having to do walking parcel runs to access towns, can't get any worse than that.