Character slots as paid dlc

hiidi

Apr 12, 2022
pls pls pls let us buy characterslot up to a reasonable limit (2-3 total per account). anyone who plays this game seriously already has several accounts anyway. iam totally fine with the "cashgrab" of having to pay for serveral character but at least make it easy for your players!

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Couldn't agree more. Swapping Steam accounts to play the game is a horrible user experience. It's free money, Henrik.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
The recent stream henrik said they will visit this later down the line. Multiple characters creates problems in the game and while you say that anyone playing seriously has two steam accounts I would guess that’s a minority of the minority in terms of numbers of people playing the game.

not that I have too much of a dog in the fight but how would you suggest they implement this considering henrik has mentioned the problems with multiple characters in terms of the vision of the game as well as possible exploits.

sometimes designing the game so it is a pain to work around something is a valid solution to a problem when we are talking wide scale.

for instance someone making a steam account so they can switch to a morally bad so they can kill a person, the hiding that loot , then switching back to a blue character to sell the loot is a waaay worse problem if they make it the norm/meta that everyone does. If it’s a minority of people who are taking the time to exploit the loop holes then it’s a problem still, but far far less

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
It's not just a good thing for the players, it would be a great income stream for SV. Just as an example of how it might work ...

> $10 for character slot
> $5 extra per month sub
> Shared character surname and reputation

I'm sure lots of players would be interested.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
if theyre going to add multiple character slots they better just make a free. Buy 2 play + monthly sub + microtransactions is a bit much for what were getting. The whole reason subs exist in the first place in to prevent pay 2 win

BlacKnight

Apr 17, 2022
It's not just a good thing for the players, it would be a great income stream for SV. Just as an example of how it might work ...

> $10 for character slot
> $5 extra per month sub
> Shared character surname and reputation

I'm sure lots of players would be interested.
I would pay for extra character slot, but extra for sub doesnt sound fair.

Also, shared reputation with this current sustem? No please, we need a blue toon for transport and market. Wouldnt make sense to pay for a nerfed service.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
I would pay for extra character slot, but extra for sub doesnt sound fair.

Also, shared reputation with this current sustem? No please, we need a blue toon for transport and market. Wouldnt make sense to pay for a nerfed service.
Pretty sure the blue characters for transport thing is exactly why they don’t want to do alts

Reactions: Stundorn

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
This "community" is what kills the game (for me), it's not bugs, server cap, missing features it's the gamers exploiting and min maxing ad nauseam.
As long as SV doesnt get rid of these exploitive players i see no chance this game will ever be fundable longterm or fun playing for me.
It's as if 2 of 4 Monopoly players play with 2 figures and can buy twice as much than the other 2 guys playing like intenended within the rules respecting the concept of everyone play 1 figurine.
I don't like i have to play 2-4 Chars to be competetive, i don't like to have to adapt exploiting and min maxing everything.
It spoils the game for me, breaks all my immersion and make me rather quit than doing so.
I like the restrictions and the compromises i need to do, i'd like everyone respect the concept abnd play the game like intended, accept the given rules instead to circrumvent and exploit it and give a shit about the concept.
Sadly not the case.
edited: dont want to accuse someone for their way to exploit game if it is their fun. It takes my fun away, but i can play other games and refuse to play with people who do that.
Maybe this is the cause games like these fail or remain in niches and are hardly fundable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

Eh seriously get some friends.
Nice try. You can experience 1/4 of the games primary clades with one account. You are also missing out on all the sub clades and various progressions. What other game do you own that only allows you to experience 10% of the content?

Character slots are coming. Henrik pushed this "one character" idea during beta and alpha, but he recently changed his tune. It's all about money. During the most recent stream he even said Haven would become F2P when only a couple months ago this was a hard no.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
15 dollars a month for 2 characters per account will be much more palatable.

hiidi

Apr 12, 2022
Eh seriously get some friends.

there is no need to get toxic here, some ppl like exploring every aspect of a game - some dont. with the lack of content is feel it is a great time to try/test things/builds - imo there is no harm in that, hell it even breaths more life into this game.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Nice try. You can experience 1/4 of the games primary clades with one account. You are also missing out on all the sub clades and various progressions. What other game do you own that only allows you to experience 10% of the content?
Having access to all the clades and subclades don't give you any advantage, and no, it's not "10% of the content". Being able to smoke crackpipe isn't exactly "content". And you can still create a new character.

I wouldn't mind if alt characters would not have access to profession skills, or had only 200-300 skillpoints in the tree. It's not like there is an actual working economy in the game but that doesn't mean it should get even worse.

Reactions: Stundorn