Changes to Broker

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
I know that broker just launched, but I wanted to go ahead and post some feed back regarding changes I think should be worked toward.

1. Number of items needs to be increased per character substantially, OR there needs to be a way to list sets of armor. You are going to see no armor sets on broker due to taking up 5 item slots. The solution here if slots remain the same is to enable us to list BAGS that have groups of items inside, such as armor sets, with namable bags, that can be looked at in market.

2. The gear area needs to be sortable, at the very least by weapon type. The preference would be filters such as hilt material, blade material, weapon type, damage range, as an example for weapons. The easiest solution here is to allow us to sort by QUALITY, so that the poor/common weapons are not taking up all of the market space. It's almost impossible right now to find a specific, decent weapon.

3. The materials need to be sorted by material type, although not as big an issue since it's easier to search since the names are fixed.

4. The crafting naming system needs to have around 10x longer name limit & ability to put numbers so that you can name the item descriptively (90range120str Assymetrical Bow would be an example of a descriptive name

5. There needs to be a way to sell STACKS of material at a fixed UNIT price, with the ability of buyers to buy however much they need. So an example here would be Steel. If a stack of steel would be listed for 600g, the unit price would be .06g, and a buyer could choose to buy 1000 steel at the price of 60g, which would remove it from the stack. This is both a great change for buyers and sellers, sellers can list larger stacks, and buyers can buy smaller portions if the big stack is too much. This will also highly help the issue with number 1 (market slots).

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
5. There needs to be a way to sell STACKS of material at a fixed UNIT price, with the ability of buyers to buy however much they need. So an example here would be Steel. If a stack of steel would be listed for 600g, the unit price would be .06g, and a buyer could choose to buy 1000 steel at the price of 60g, which would remove it from the stack. This is both a great change for buyers and sellers, sellers can list larger stacks, and buyers can buy smaller portions if the big stack is too much. This will also highly help the issue with number 1 (market slots).
Buying parts of a auctioned stack at he unit price will destroy the option to retail sale of certain mats in low quantities usually at a higher unit price than stacks. If SV continue with the porting MO1 path, there will be a management skill to allow you to sell more items at the broker. and it will be possible to bag items for sale.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Buying parts of a auctioned stack at he unit price will destroy the option to retail sale of certain mats in low quantities usually at a higher unit price than stacks. If SV continue with the porting MO1 path, there will be a management skill to allow you to sell more items at the broker. and it will be possible to bag items for sale.

broker skill works great when you have a market mule character. Doubt anyone But people with multiple accounts train it

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
broker skill works great when you have a market mule character. Doubt anyone But people with multiple accounts train it
I hope there will be more use for the social skills in MO2, this will create more diverse characters, not all pvp focused. But yea dedicated merchants will probably have two accounts.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I don't see an issue with "destroying" that practice. As long as the buyer can buy the exact same type of item and purchase the exact amount they want there should be no heavy impact. Things will just be priced at their proper price.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I hope that they increase the limit of items to 100-300 or more. Because im sometimes hoarding and sometimes wanna sell all in one weekend.
That would be awesome. Because in old mo1 many people also like me delete all the stuff before they hoarding a lot of items to sell it when the limit is gone again. so i really hope star vault will change this. More items inbroker mean more economy that works.

And second please the unit price listing makes much more sense were people cna buy just portions and not whole stuff.

Reactions: Suttner and Xunila

BigRed

Mar 31, 2021
  • Id like to see an automatic conversion to unit cost. Saves having to pull out a calculator when people list odd amounts for odd prices. Crunching numbers is what computers are for, don’t make me waste time squinting at random numbers trying to figure out if it’s a scam attempt or a legit deal.
  • Being able to click the column headers to sort would be great. So you could filter by say, cuprum, then sort by the unit cost column.
  • Rather than filtering weapons by mats, why not set a minimum dura/blunt/slash/pierce requirements, and let the weapon filter be by weapon skill type. This would require some dedicated search GUI per item type but would be much more user-friendly. Basically trigger it off the category chosen in the left-hand side. So if I’m looking at potions, I should be able to set a minimum direct heal value.
  • Listing bags sounds like hell for the buyers to figure out what’s going on. Make armour sets a thing instead and allow all the slots to show up. That way armour gets its own “sets” without requiring bags. You shouldn’t have to build a complete set to sell, you could list just a helmet and all the other slots would show empty.
  • Filter by seller, basically “My market“ but for other people too. Maybe allow filtering by guild mates for the really big guilds.
  • Block sellers from showing in my lists. Theres already people who I know I will never buy from.
  • Allow the seller of commodities like ores or metals to choose if people can purchase less than the full amount listed. Seller should be able to control this. Should probably only apply to true bulk items.

Give the broker an API so people can build tools, and someone will have this stuff and more, on a live webpage within a week.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
  • Id like to see an automatic conversion to unit cost. Saves having to pull out a calculator when people list odd amounts for odd prices. Crunching numbers is what computers are for, don’t make me waste time squinting at random numbers trying to figure out if it’s a scam attempt or a legit deal.
  • Being able to click the column headers to sort would be great. So you could filter by say, cuprum, then sort by the unit cost column.
  • Rather than filtering weapons by mats, why not set a minimum dura/blunt/slash/pierce requirements, and let the weapon filter be by weapon skill type. This would require some dedicated search GUI per item type but would be much more user-friendly. Basically trigger it off the category chosen in the left-hand side. So if I’m looking at potions, I should be able to set a minimum direct heal value.
  • Listing bags sounds like hell for the buyers to figure out what’s going on. Make armour sets a thing instead and allow all the slots to show up. That way armour gets its own “sets” without requiring bags. You shouldn’t have to build a complete set to sell, you could list just a helmet and all the other slots would show empty.
  • Filter by seller, basically “My market“ but for other people too. Maybe allow filtering by guild mates for the really big guilds.
  • Block sellers from showing in my lists. Theres already people who I know I will never buy from.
  • Allow the seller of commodities like ores or metals to choose if people can purchase less than the full amount listed. Seller should be able to control this. Should probably only apply to true bulk items.

Give the broker an API so people can build tools, and someone will have this stuff and more, on a live webpage within a week.
If they give me an api i would love to make a website. xD

May 28, 2020
Not very happy with the current state of the broker. Knowing SV tis implementation will stay with us either forever or for many years, quite upsetting.

Reactions: Speznat

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Someone on the discord (Daquán) posted that items listed on the broker persist even if you delete your character now. No player can buy them even. Another thing that needs fixing.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Please increase the number of displayed items per page. How many are there now, five? In MO1 we had eight items per page, better increase to 10 or let the user change the dialog size.

And we have only a few sections for the different item types in the new broker dialog. MO1 had much more, some of them never used, but much more. Better create more sections e.g. for materials: rocks, wood, food, potions, metal, ...

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRed and Kokolo

BigRed

Mar 31, 2021
The page should be reset to the first page when the search criteria are changed. Otherwise it looks like no results have been returned from the modified search.

Edit: looks like this might have just been patched in the hotfix

Last edited:

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I don't see an issue with "destroying" that practice. As long as the buyer can buy the exact same type of item and purchase the exact amount they want there should be no heavy impact. Things will just be priced at their proper price.
No unit price difference for different sized lots would limit the trader/merchant playstyle. Trying to monopolise and retail selling is a form of merchants pvp.

• Haha
Reactions: Suttner and BigRed

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
No unit price difference for different sized lots would limit the trader/merchant playstyle. Trying to monopolise and retail selling is a form of merchants pvp.
You can still do that by getting a better formula or recipe for said item. I know what you want to do this with, growth and shrink food. What would happen is your product will sell like any other product, but if it's a different formula then it sells by itself. Unless someone gains access to the exact same formula and has the exact same crafting skill as you, their product will not dilute yours.

This is what I was meaning if you did misunderstood.

Reactions: grendel

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Current limit of items is 20. With full management skill the broker limit would be 40.

Why is there not sort by name? Only by time, cost and category.

And the UI comes from software developers :) Normal people are counting the pages 1-based, but the UI is 0-based.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speznat

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
why are the limits so low? 20 items is a joke. does SV not want the economy to function?

also sad to see the broker is more or less the same as mo1. sure the ui got an update but the sorting/filtering functions are just as useless. Theres no materials market, no historical price charts, nothing useful added.

-barcode

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Sure is going to suck trying to make gold as a crafter of weps and armor, just being able to sell 3 sets of armor and 5 weps a day. Hooray for having only 1 character per account! Hope all of you who have been giving me static about having multiple accounts enjoy trying to sell your low dura gear on this broker or by yelling in the street.

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
I was hoping for an eve online or sandbox style auction house. I guess it is better than nothing. Crafting, Trading, and PvE in MO2 needs some love. I wish the process of crafting gear would get redesigned.

Reactions: Rorry

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Current limit of items is 20. With full management skill the broker limit would be 40.

Why is there not sort by name? Only by time, cost and category.

And the UI comes from software developers :) Normal people are counting the pages 1-based, but the UI is 0-based.
I hope they increase the limit to 100 or 300 or something like this.

BigRed

Mar 31, 2021
Increasing the item limit without improving the search and sort functions is just going to make it impossible to find anything.

Reactions: Kokolo