Changes I think cause MO2's player loss

thatgoon24

Oct 12, 2021
Ridiculously increased map size of Myrland.

Time consuming “ghost mode.” Over 20 minutes to ghost to most towns. Often trees, rocks, holes, mountain crevices, fissures that force you to actively dodge them while ghosting.

Introduce a system to teleport to any town?

Time consuming traveling in general. Long walks to a horse spawn with the uncertainty that it might be completely empty.

Removed breeding system from MO1... in a much larger map that requires a horse to travel.

Crevices, holes fissures and spaces between land that often cause the player to get “stuck”.

Server instability during Steam release. Server Queue. Massive player loss.

Slower over defensive melee combat than MO. Parry spam.

Often long TTK because of Parry spam, potions, ichor pipes , healing over time food, blood kua, equipment hits, tower shield spinning.

Ping disadvantage. Some players with extremely impressive reaction time will never perform as good as EU players.

Reintroducing weakspots from MO1, remove WS.

Reintroducing tower shields from MO1, remove tower shields.

Non pvp viable new characters, no movement skills or combat skills when a new character is created. Inability for new players to pvp, defend themselves. Just give new characters max movement speed so they can atleast run away. Give free 100 primaries towards 1 weapon skill?

New players being ganked near starter towns and starter dungeons.

No in-game, in-depth pvp tutorials. No multi feint tutorial.

No in-game character build guide. New players making bad race choices only to find out they should delete their character and start over.

No in game guild recruiting application system to help new players get into guilds.

Overpowered pets. Absolutely no skill, point click pet attacks. Pets stickybacking players with infinite stam.

Animals in the wild chasing new players with ridiculously long chase and killing them.

Reintroducing TC guards from MO1, remove TC Guards. NPCs should not PVP for you or create a safe zone for players.

Pvp favoring larger numbers rather than skill. Bigger zerg wins.

No incentives or really even a chance to survive, as a solo or in a small group. No anti zerg systems.

Poor performance in large scale fights.

Poor optimization in towns. Fps drops.

Inability to disable shadows and foliage to increase performance.

Expensive, difficult sieging and ridiculous asset defense system, guild stone trading and supply tower system.

No siege windows to prevent ninja sieging.

Removed ability to control guarded towns and apply taxes for profit gain.

Removed ability to blacklist players as a reward for controlling the town.

Removed ability to disable town guards as a reward for controlling a town.

All of these feature were good incentives to owning a Keep and controlling a territory.

Removed in town war fighting from MO1. Guards attack you for attacking a war target in town. Biggest carebear change ever. Revert this back to how it was in MO1.

Not nearly as many community pvp events or GM events as we had in MO1. (100 players fighting a buffed GM) or random mob boss events. No meteors with rare drops.

Many missing features that were in MO1 that players desire and request but have not been reintroduced yet. Such as the Tindrem Duel Arena.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Oh Hi ThatusGoonus
Good to see you and great post.

Totally agree that the large map is such a huge drag coupled with how much slower move speed is both mounted and foot.

The combat is slow and more importantly the turn cap slows it down even more.

In my opinion the game isn’t even a sequel. It doesn’t really have any recognizable features from the first game.

Even the rarity of materials feels totally different.

What I want to ask you is this. Do you feel like you’re playing mortal online when you play this game or does it feel like something different entirely. Does it give you even a fraction of the feeling you had when you played the original

Reactions: Gnidex

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MYMAN. This is all spot on. I doubt anyone will care cuz we've been saying this stuff, but HAPPY THANKSGIVING, glad to see a good post.

TELEPORT SYSTEM: YES, even if you have a timer to wait. They need to also give people downtime on repeated spawns to reduce spawn griefing / solve camping.

0 reason it takes so long to spec your char into basic stuff. 0 reason you can't reclade for free. You should even be able to re-roll your race and everything a few times. Nobody should have to delete their char lol.

TC guards NO.

Siege system TRASH.

And yeah the anti zerg system is just pride; TC guards are a huge problem to small groups. I saw a dude in this guild that is fighting us and followed him (he was scurd) I was like, aren't you guys supposed to fight me? They came back w/ more people and killed me LOL. That's the reward. Dudes don't even feel soft for doing it.

Dude you guys need to raise your voices more. I dunno if it matters, but there is STILL A CHANCE?! No, haha, but, it's good to see these kind of posts! I had to log in for this one.

And yea Tek, that's why beta felt so good because we had this belief they were gonna build it into MO "2." I dunno how we fell for it.

I can't believe that Henrik STILL BELIEVES PKing (aka smallscale pvp) is the reason people quit this game.

I also really feel the ping thing is always gonna be an issue, but it would go away if the game played different. It would be there, but it wouldn't matter as much. It just has to feel like action. It's amazing to look back and imagine a MO where you had to stand by extraction devices with no guards and hold your nuts on a noncombat char EVERYWHERE, basically, someone with guile could get you. And then it became this.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Half done systems being implemented directly shows a drop in players. Looks at the half done TC patch people waited for. When it hit after months of waiting people quit, some perma some untill ue5 or TC update.

Reactions: Gnidex and Teknique

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Very spot on post with every point being similar to my gripes. I played mo1 from 2011 to 2013 (before mounted maul meta happened) and can't stand the parryfest combat of foot fighting in mo2 because they decided that switching block directions needs no cooldown now. What really disappointed me the most was them hyping up reworking pretty much everything balance related (race, materials etc) but now the build variety somehow seems smaller than it was in the last game.

I really wanted to play a human character but ended up going Sheevra on release because they can basically play any build well enough without rerolls, even lance MC if you use a flakestone handle. Seeing the first stream they revealed stat caps my brain couldnt comprehend that they ported mo1 caps over but then made the minimal dex 92 instead of like 72, after I talked to seb once that they were reworking all the clade stuff.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
One change that is very underrated as to how bad it is, is in MO1 you had to use weapons under 2 weight on avg. In MO2 because of the terrible minimum swing times and other erroneous garbage they added to the game, people are swinging heavy weapons and 3 shotting steel.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
One change that is very underrated as to how bad it is, is in MO1 you had to use weapons under 2 weight on avg. In MO2 because of the terrible minimum swing times and other erroneous garbage they added to the game, people are swinging heavy weapons and 3 shotting steel.

It's still good for kiting, but who does kiting anymore lool. I like 1.5-2 for a veela. I can really feel the stam drain of like 2.2 in comparison. That part is right, but in an immobile combat, it doesn't matter.

That last fight I did before I quit where I dove into OBAMA and his bros house then that mage Lukatu(sp?) came to back me up, I was trolling the shit out of them on the kite. Had them moving like bandits trying to hit me, in sync LOL.

I suppose in such cases where you + a skinny mage were trolling people, it would still be useful. WTB pocket mage. It might make the game fun again :eek:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Also not apologizing for mistakes then trying to gas light the players involved.
Going back on statements that LGM made to ban people that were told was OK to do in the sandbox. (Solo spiritism)

*Trade keeps several times openly and publicly for the past year*
Drama happens
Henrik - "I thought keep trading was in game, GMs should not be trading keeps"
Robmo - "GMs did nothing wrong, also they never traded keeps for other players"

At some point I think they are just telling henrik one thing and the players another thing until henrik.

Henrik should just let LGM Discord decide because when he gets involved it just makes LGM go back on their word and pisses off valuable players while the community looses trust.

Like with spiritualist soloing they should have giving everyone a warning to no longer do it instead of going through logs to ban people that they told it was ok to do. Because those people you perma banned arent individuals they are in guilds and apart of the community and everyone thought It was BS to perma ban them then refuse to unban with the appeals when they showed us the DMs they had with GMs telling.

Like the players are not going to tell us so IDK why to do this, just builds more mistrust, and crushes peoples hope.

SV needs to egocheck themselves and start appologizing instead of doubling down.

If only they appologized to koto and not try to gaslight the parties involved then the game would not be at 51% approval from all the koto being upset.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It's still good for kiting, but who does kiting anymore lool. I like 1.5-2 for a veela. I can really feel the stam drain of like 2.2 in comparison. That part is right, but in an immobile combat, it doesn't matter.

That last fight I did before I quit where I dove into OBAMA and his bros house then that mage Lukatu(sp?) came to back me up, I was trolling the shit out of them on the kite. Had them moving like bandits trying to hit me, in sync LOL.

I suppose in such cases where you + a skinny mage were trolling people, it would still be useful. WTB pocket mage. It might make the game fun again :eek:
Yeah another reason why hybrids are terrible, they can't swing the big chad weapons that everyone is swinging. And yeah kiting is an MO1 thing sorry.