Change the Door access system.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Bring back the "old" lootable /stealable key like in MO1. Fast open/close Door and better house pet following system . Ty
They had the keys, majority of playerbase complained. Definitely need faster doors.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
In MO1 nobody really used the keys. Go to house, create a new key, open house and then destroy the key after leaving the house.
But people could run into a house kill the owner before he deleted the key and get out. Now if you run into the house he can just close the door on you and there is no way out.

Just have password system for the house that makes a key that is only used to open the door. Password for chest, password to make a key that is used for the door.

I fought in peoples houses a lot and the main issue now is that they can just close door mid fight and now you are stuck even if you win the fight.

Just like with towershields, MM buff, and reflect, most people knew exactly how the people would use the keys. I dont understand how Henrik would think that people would not just delete keys when they left the house. That's just common sense.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
When there was keys many players opted to not bother locking their doors.

Now many players are opting to not even bothering to close the doors (myself included here).

I am sure that neither is what the devs intended.

But I think it was better to be able to close the door without issue and then having the option to lock it after.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
In mo1 If you want to give access to your house to another person you must make a key and give It to him with the risk to been looted/stolen . Now with a password you are "safe".

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
MO1 was a bit different since it had multiple characters.

You and friends could dedicate a character to opening a door if you choose too. Which still made it pretty safe.

Very few people where actually running around with keys. Even fewer after f2p.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In MO1 the owner entered co-owners to a list at the house sign. Owner and co-owners had been able to create keys. And together with F2P door opener characters the key system had no real meaning.