Change AFK-style game systems

Stormchops

Aug 22, 2020
Please reconsider game systems that promote an AFK-style of gameplay. Let me give some examples:
1. Mining
2. Woodcutting
3. Ore Extraction and refining
4. Building

For example, if I was trying to get some steel through mining, I am looking at 3ish mins to deplete a granum node for 3k(ish) granum, I’d need 13 stacks of granum for 10k blood ore if I used the crusher. It’s another 150 seconds to extract the 10k blood ore into 4k pig iron, which is another 120 seconds to refine into grain steel

Just using those times up to the grainsteel extraction, not considering any other AFK mat gathering required, it is a whopping 39 + 2.5 + 2 = 43.5 minutes of pure AFK gaming

people are not playing your game while doing this SV - it is a mundane chore. People are tabbed out, dual clienting, playing other games, while engaging in these “mini-games”

It cannot be to add risk either, since every guarded town with a crusher has UNBELIEVABLY 2+ elite guards patrolling in their vicinity. The refining table in bakti has 3 elite guards and a lictor. the map is ludicrous in size, and 90% of all the rock fauna is mineable granum - the SAME 1k/min granum node - no comptetition, easy to hide, boring AFK gameplay

And, for your dedication of three quarters of an hour AFK gaming, you will be rewarded with a bit less than 2k steel

What happened here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deviant_Imp

Deviant_Imp

Oct 25, 2021
Like how CC cave has increased yield on mining nodes, how about doing the exact same to POI's in the world and ALL caves.
Discourge people from just hiding in the wild and mining granum and encourage them to go to POIs where there will be conflict. People can still go mine in the wild if they wanted an easy solution, but those with a group or capable of fighting would prioritise mining at POIs and caves.

If you're reading this SV, thanks :)

Reactions: Wyndorn

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I agree that ore extraction is unneccesarily slow, especially in towns. Maybe mobile crushers/etc should still be slow, though.

As for extraction time on things like woodcutting, mining, etc, I think that is necessary to throttle the input into the economy. And I think a lot of miners/woodcutters would be opposed to turning it into some active minigame for the same output.

I think added risk for added output is the key, like how you guys hint at. Make it "active" in that you have to actually pay attention, etc, for better output in some way.

Having said all that I, and many others, actually do enjoy semi-AFK gameplay. With busy lives, it is nice to feel like you can play a little mo2 while doing something else productive (for example, cleaning the house while woodcutting).