Canceling bandage animation

Add the ability to cancel bandaging without resetting the cooldown?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Apostol

Aug 20, 2021
I welcome everyone! Dear developers, I ask you to make it possible to cancel the animation of bandages, as now it is very inconvenient and interferes with the normal PvP game. Please support this post. This is a really useful function! Because of this, many players died and I think no one will be against such a function and it will not introduce any imbalance.
For example, you started bandaging at the wrong time and the enemy is running at you, and you take out your weapon to block his blows, but you will not receive treatment since you canceled the animation of the bandage.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I like the suggestion. However, there needs to be a better, more accurate visual clue for when you have bandaged successfully. (Or when you cancel it). Otherwise, in the heat of the bettle, it will be incredibly hard to tell if you got the bandage off, or if you pulled out your weapon too quick.

Also the bandaging cooldown needs to be triggered regardless of badging completion, otherwise people will be constantly bandaging every second they get.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I like the suggestion. However, there needs to be a better, more accurate visual clue for when you have bandaged successfully. (Or when you cancel it). Otherwise, in the heat of the bettle, it will be incredibly hard to tell if you got the bandage off, or if you pulled out your weapon too quick.

Also the bandaging cooldown needs to be triggered regardless of badging completion, otherwise people will be constantly bandaging every second they get.
I pretty much agree to everything. ^^ if there is the option to cancel it, it should be go on cooldown, or even a higher cooldown or something. But the bandage system right now is fine for me. If you got bad awarness you get punished for it. They should work on other stuff first (bug fixing- horse trading - housing - and all that stuff).

Reactions: Apostol and Woody
D

Deleted member 44

I agree with this. I would also like them to remove the no action after bandaging debuff. I'm all for no action while bandaging but after the bandaging is done I need to be able to do things.

Reactions: Apostol

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
As far as I can recall, bandages take 3-4 seconds to cast (wrap the bandage) and then 3-4 seconds to heal. Additionally, in the last 3-4 seconds or so before the heal procs, you're able to do actions again. The problem most of you are experiencing is that you have to draw your weapon again.

Given bandages are free, cheap, low effort heals, there should still most definitely be a "tradeoff" to performing the action. The solution shouldn't be to just remove the action lock when casting.

That said, if it feels too oppressive right now and we feel the casting action should be cancellable, then instead you should lose that bandage and/or at the very least, restart the cooldown before the next bandage can be applied.

Reactions: Apostol and Evelyn

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
As far as I can recall, bandages take 3-4 seconds to cast (wrap the bandage) and then 3-4 seconds to heal. Additionally, in the last 3-4 seconds or so before the heal procs, you're able to do actions again. The problem most of you are experiencing is that you have to draw your weapon again.

Given bandages are free, cheap, low effort heals, there should still most definitely be a "tradeoff" to performing the action. The solution shouldn't be to just remove the action lock when casting.

That said, if it feels too oppressive right now and we feel the casting action should be cancellable, then instead you should lose that bandage and/or at the very least, restart the cooldown before the next bandage can be applied.
While I agree with this to a point, I also feel like knowing when to bandage and when to not is part of player skill.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
this is the whole point of a bandage. if you would be able to cancel the animation, there would be no real risk involved and no funny bandage lockout kills.
for example: bandage is activated and you get one hit (hello), you cancel and parry the second one.
the only thing i dont like is that you cant loot in the bandaging animation.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There is time where you start to bandage but have not started. You should be able to cancel before this. Its so long of a animation that in the case of you accidentally pressing you bound bandage key instead of some other key you just have to wait the 4 seconds while putting away the weapon. You should defiantly be able cancel the first bit before the actual animation starts.

Reactions: Apostol

Apostol

Aug 20, 2021
Yes, I agree that when using a bandage and when canceling, the cooldown must go through a full cycle again.
I also agree that after the animation of the dressing, it should be possible to get the weapon immediately, perhaps only this function will be enough.
Speaking about the fact that you cannot interact with objects during the bandaging animation, this is logical, since the character is busy bandaging and he has only two hands =).

P.S. Stepping into balance, you can compare a warrior with a magician and a hybrid. It turns out that a warrior is always in a losing situation. The mage and the hybrid can always run away and heal and their running speed allows them to do this, while the warrior does not have the ability to heal at all, since the inability to stop the bandaging animation will only aggravate the situation. Only an ogmir pipe is useful, but what if i'm not an ogmir? Canceling the animation of using the bandage, in fact, will not affect the balance in any way, but will simply simplify the life of an ordinary warrior.