Camping POIs for trinkets

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The purpose of the good drop rate of trinkets at some POIs is to encourage exploring but what is currently happening is that people just log out at the POI with a timer for the refill.

Kinda counteracts the intended purpose when people go explore they find empty chest all the time because some one has a alt logged off and is getting very good trinkets from doing this.

Please lower the rarity of the trinkets that spawn at these POIs and make the main way to get higher level trinkets by killing mobs. This would allow chest to fill up for explorers.

Reactions: wyqydsyq and Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
To be honest, I disagree, even though there are def campers. It's even worse that I feel SV put animobs on some of them to counteract, which just makes it more annoying. I do think mobs should give better trinkets, though. You should have a chance of getting a good trink from any mob, even if it's a low probability.

My probably over-complicated and impossible idea for that was to make it so you can't loot it somehow upon log in, will explain in a sec. However, am def tired of people ruining things for everyone by playing the game like jackasses.

This was a problem for lock picking in MO1, too, and the solution has to be some way to lock people out from looting them for a certain time after logging in, or have to travel a certain distance (multiple nodes?) before the lootables would actually show what is in them. People are even chest camping in HAVEN haha.

It's def a problem, def needs a solution. Mine is shoddy, but the limitation should be on ninja loggers, not on chests. Chests are GOOD. They do encourage exploration/movement and such for... people not playing like a jackass.

Most people are gonna loot a chest regardless; doubt many have the decency to be like no I'll let it fill up longer!

If the problem is ninja loggers, find a way to keep people from ninja logging. Been a since MO1 problem, time for a fix. Get SV's A team on it!

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
People logging at loot chests is aids. 0 risk gameplay. There the tiny risk of dying for the 60 seconds they are logged in, but that's not how the game should be. Good trinket containers need to be defended by decent mobs so they cant just log in and get it free. Maybe have them drop a key so you have to kill it.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
The purpose of the good drop rate of trinkets at some POIs is to encourage exploring but what is currently happening is that people just log out at the POI with a timer for the refill.

Kinda counteracts the intended purpose when people go explore they find empty chest all the time because some one has a alt logged off and is getting very good trinkets from doing this.

Please lower the rarity of the trinkets that spawn at these POIs and make the main way to get higher level trinkets by killing mobs. This would allow chest to fill up for explorers.
You cannot make higher level trinkets spawn only by killing high difficulty mobs since most of the places these mobs are in are already heavily camped by zergs/big guilds, and that would make smaller guilds have to rely on the big ones to buy overpriced trinkets and so on, since they cannot fight with enough numbers to access the chances to get trinkets.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Welcome to Mortal Alt Online.

Where every exploit can or will be abused by the try hard community at one point or another.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It doesnt matter how rare you make it. People will just build houses next to the PoI and park their farming character there.

Every single decent mob spawn in the game has basically a small village around it. Granted thats also because there is no way to knock down houses.

SV needs to stop putting house spots next to farming spots.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It doesnt matter how rare you make it. People will just build houses next to the PoI and park their farming character there.

Every single decent mob spawn in the game has basically a small village around it. Granted thats also because there is no way to knock down houses.

Fact is they should have NEVER allowed houses, strongholds or keeps prior to the introduction of siege. You need to have a way to knock something down in a reasonable amount of time not just an immunity zone for people to pop in and out of for a 150g and 30min worth of resource gathering.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Hahahahha yah this thread is the best argument I’ve seen yet for turning subscriptions on.
Wont fix the issue. The same try hards will just region switch on their VPNs and pay for subs through a weak currency like Argentina or Russia and pay pennies on the sub vs anyone else.

Reactions: Rynnik

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

that n maybe stop making 'good trinket chests,' even tho people camp every chest haha. They should just randomize it completely. A chest is a chest. A barrel is a barrel, a box is a box. Let it be on some "who knows" level, 99% trash, but you might end up with 45 ogh or something haha. Same with mobs, imo, should be random roll. Would be cool to see mobs with actual weps/gear that they could drop occasionally, too. High tier mobs already drop high tier loot. Should make it so even GY mobs drop stuff (just at a stupid low level, not like before.) Then everyone can get the feeling of OMG OMG. Spreading out 'random loot' would also help the nub experience, imo. Being real, that is also a change, so I am being slightly hypocritical.

But yes, the community ruins everything; however, I still think SV ruins it also by changing/nerfing it. 0 reason to lock loot at this point in the game. If you want to incentivize people, let them kill a walking dead adventurer cuz WHO KNOWS. Like dude said, the only incentive putting stuff on the hardest mobs/areas is... is to join the biggest zerg guild. HAVEN'T WE HAD ENOUGH OF THAT!!??

People have the mistaken idea that skill/intellect/whatever allows you to farm better mobs. Nah, luck and persistence maybe, or being in a huge zerg. Take ants, they gave them a ranged attack cuz people would farm them naked (I assume?) You can still farm them like that if you maintain range. Naked MA is also v low risk game play b real. And if you put it in dungeons, that's even zergier!

Edit: So like, mobs would be flat rate (low) further divided by total mob number/spawn rate (so GY/bandits would NOT be the optimal place, but if you put in hours in you might get something decent a couple times a day.) And let's get KEYS back! Buy at vendor keys or somethin'. A chest's loot should be simply related to how long it has gone un-looted. Doesn't mean a minimal 'good drop' can spawn.

And lastly, WE NEED SOME CHEST TRAPS, EY? INSTADEATH? :eek: Dem boys is lacking creativity. Make MO fun... and brutal again!

Last edited:

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
To be honest, I disagree, even though there are def campers. It's even worse that I feel SV put animobs on some of them to counteract, which just makes it more annoying. I do think mobs should give better trinkets, though. You should have a chance of getting a good trink from any mob, even if it's a low probability.

My probably over-complicated and impossible idea for that was to make it so you can't loot it somehow upon log in, will explain in a sec. However, am def tired of people ruining things for everyone by playing the game like jackasses.

This was a problem for lock picking in MO1, too, and the solution has to be some way to lock people out from looting them for a certain time after logging in, or have to travel a certain distance (multiple nodes?) before the lootables would actually show what is in them. People are even chest camping in HAVEN haha.

It's def a problem, def needs a solution. Mine is shoddy, but the limitation should be on ninja loggers, not on chests. Chests are GOOD. They do encourage exploration/movement and such for... people not playing like a jackass.

Most people are gonna loot a chest regardless; doubt many have the decency to be like no I'll let it fill up longer!

If the problem is ninja loggers, find a way to keep people from ninja logging. Been a since MO1 problem, time for a fix. Get SV's A team on it!
Simple solution. If you aren't in a house, or town, then your character stays logged in. If not permanently, then at least for a HEAVILY extended period of time. Dungeon logging/alt-f4 is still a MASSIVE issue that I'm surprised isn't getting more attention. You should at least have to run to a POI or dungeon to pull out a 30k gold silver-ruber ring. Not just log in, grab it, log out.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Simple solution. If you aren't in a house, or town, then your character stays logged in. If not permanently, then at least for a HEAVILY extended period of time. Dungeon logging/alt-f4 is still a MASSIVE issue that I'm surprised isn't getting more attention. You should at least have to run to a POI or dungeon to pull out a 30k gold silver-ruber ring. Not just log in, grab it, log out.

ALT F4ing in dungeons wont get more attention because the GM staff at SV is undermanned and cant possibly keep up with the number of reports on that issue alone. As for checking the logs that would be one of the most time consuming things a person can do and appears to only be the capabilities of a few GMs.