Butchering Fishes - Can you get Scales???

Maggicus

Apr 8, 2021
I heared you can get some fish scales from fishes, which can be used in crafting. Anyone can help me where to find the book or which skill to look out for? All the fishies i caught had only fish meat after butchering!

Maggicus

Apr 8, 2021
Most fish will yield Ganoid scales, but the skill can't be learnt through action, you need to purchase the Ganoid Scales book
I have Ganoid Scales Lore but never got any scales. Hmm i will try with more fishes :)

Maggicus

Apr 8, 2021
So i tried butchering at a butcher table after quite a while of fishing. I had Herbeus, Trudis and Canna. When i butcher 1k of those i only get fish meat. Am i doing something wrong?

My skills:
Scales Lore 100
Ganoid Lore 5 (2 trained + 3 extra)
Zoology Pisces 10
Butchery 100
Butchery Appliances 100
Butcher workbench 100

Can someone confirm they got scales out of one of those 3 fishes?

Maggicus

Apr 8, 2021
Depending on the type of fish it could be Leptoid as well, or if it's a shark then Placoid

I got Laake fish and got some Leptoid Scales. Can i hook a Shark with a 5 Hook or do i need the bigger Hooks from Jungle?

Nuke

Mar 23, 2022
Umm, sorry but most fishes do not drop Ganoid, that would in fact be the Vent(Something) fish. Only, now where the fuck do we fish that effectively?
I have Ganoid Scales Lore but never got any scales. Hmm I
will try with more fishes :)

Last edited:

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Leptoid: Laake, Skull kua
Placoid: silk/sand ray
Ganoid: Ventriousus
Pansar: Kelp dragon
You need both ganoid and pansar before you'll get any from butchering

Sybil

Aug 22, 2022
Leptoid: Laake, Skull kua
Placoid: silk/sand ray
Ganoid: Ventriousus
Pansar: Kelp dragon
You need both ganoid and pansar before you'll get any from butchering
Could you tell me how to get Placoid Scale lore? Is there even a book for it? I thought Jungle Camp would have it but it isn't there,

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Idk if it's bug or is it intended, there is no Leptoid and Placoid scales lore books. You can learn them through action, butchering Laake, Skull Kua, Silk ray and Sand ray and level up by crafting swords I think, it uses only 3 units of scales per sword.