Building packs?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Building packs can be bought in any city and include such things as locks, hinges, nails - all the things you can’t gather easily but need expert crafting.

I hope I am reading this wrong but it sounds like they are saying that things like nails and hinges will have to be purchased from npcs and not be craftable.

I get it if they need to have some kind of money sink for houses. But it is really hard to swallow that someone who can craft metal weapons can not make nails and such. Especially in a game that wants to be recognized for having a deep crafting system.

Please try and make it truly a player run economy this time and limit the amount of noncraftable items that need to be purchased from an npc.

Especially basic things like nails. There could be a huge demand for such an item. It would be a waste to not have it be an option for players to provide.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I think they are talking about the construction decor crafting stuff im almost sure of it. It wouldn't be hard sense you may have to hire these guys anyways to put your house down. I think you guys are looking at to deep as its wasn't very hard to make 200g once you figured out how to.

Plus if you own a house it would be a money sink anyways, just as houses are irl. So I like the idea of it, gives gatherers more to focus on other than the sale of metals

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think they are talking about the construction decor crafting stuff im almost sure of it. It wouldn't be hard sense you may have to hire these guys anyways to put your house down. I think you guys are looking at to deep as its wasn't very hard to make 200g once you figured out how to.

Plus if you own a house it would be a money sink anyways, just as houses are irl. So I like the idea of it, gives gatherers more to focus on other than the sale of metals

Even if it is just for decor, a player should still be able to craft a nail to sell to another player. We dont need an npc to do a job that could be performed by a player.

Reactions: Valoran

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Imo everything should be player made or able to be made by players someway.

Unique "quest" items such as Sword of Tears being exceptions.

Reactions: Amadman

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Even if it is just for decor, a player should still be able to craft a nail to sell to another player. We dont need an npc to do a job that could be performed by a player.

It does say it can be made by an expert crafter... im confused on how you missed that. Not everyone wants to craft, so having a place buy some stuff is fine.. its like regents at that point. You can make it yourself or just buy it.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
It does say it can be made by an expert crafter... im confused on how you missed that. Not everyone wants to craft, so having a place buy some stuff is fine.. its like regents at that point. You can make it yourself or just buy it.

It also says "it can be bought at any city". Which implies that it´s sold by NPCs. How would SV make sure that building packs are sold by players in every city?

Especially reagents should not be sold by vendors. The only acceptable exception are items that are proven to be good gold sinks (skillbooks like in EVE) or items that are not in a crafting system yet. Bulding sets could be crafted by engineers for example.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

I took that like Eldrath. Where players would need the expertise of a skilled npc crafter in cities because it was to complicated for them to make themselves.

My whole argument is that players should be what produce the supply to fill the demand for such items. If that is truly already the case then I have no issue.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Well I would think that a player might be able to set up a market now and become a vendor themselves. Then players could sell house packs, armor sets, or whatever with a different kind of broker. Crafters would fill up trusted vendor. Also a player could get items from doing deeds for the Empires. After getting super good reputation they give you a house?

Now they are implimenting a RPG side that wasnt in game before. Sounds like we will have many different things we can do for Empires, or to them. Im feeling like people are missing the rewards for doing things for each Empire. Though the rewards may be all different. It just gives more to things like these house packs.

I'm just seeing more that can be involved than what was on MO1. While their text is always vague, they do think big picture. I could easily see a construction guy selling house packs and decor sets. Just makes sense to me.

-Phen