Build mage

Mr.Anderson

Jan 28, 2022
Hi all, I'm looking for a mage build that also has good defensive versatility,I wouldn't want the classic wizard focused entirely on magic, can you recommend me something or some build to start from? Thank you

Piet

May 28, 2020
Hi all, I'm looking for a mage build that also has good defensive versatility,I wouldn't want the classic wizard focused entirely on magic, can you recommend me something or some build to start from? Thank you
Not enough info, please further define goal. If you're meaning like heavy armor and fighting skills that's possible. It's called a paladin build. It's negative however is it only has 1 mana bar/no in combat regen.

Mr.Anderson

Jan 28, 2022
Not enough info, please further define goal. If you're meaning like heavy armor and fighting skills that's possible. It's called a paladin build. It's negative however is it only has 1 mana bar/no in combat regen.
So yes, you're right, sorry I'm quite new to this kind of games and I'm learning, I'd like to hybridize a magical class with a melee one, which is not in heavy armor like a paladin, but something more agile, perhaps with a sword/shield dagger I don't know, in short, a combination of the two.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
For a dagger mage the best races are either Vheela ( for pure foot speed, high crit chance, agility in combat mode) or humans ( slower but can equip better armour/shield and have more mana regen, and more skill points).

The king of the kiting playstyle will always be the Vheelas with their raw foot speed, but they are very squishy and will die quick if caught. You have to be very good at parrying and positioning or you die a lot.
Humans are better for tankiness and being able to fit more skills into your build, like more magic schools or pets, etc. they feel a lot more like a light paladin than the Vheelas. Its also very nice to have the extra armour weight (can equip bigger shields) when you get into dagger range, or if you miss the odd parry.

If you do a lot of elementalism (aoe spells) with a group, the human clade which halves friendly damage is also a huge advantage in group fights.

Its really a personal preference.

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
So yes, you're right, sorry I'm quite new to this kind of games and I'm learning, I'd like to hybridize a magical class with a melee one, which is not in heavy armor like a paladin, but something more agile, perhaps with a sword/shield dagger I don't know, in short, a combination of the two.
Dagger mage is very doable or hybrid with almost any weapon like sword. Mostly it depends on your armor weight. You can do heavy with no regen. Medium which is hybrid which has less regen but has enough armor to take a few hits but not enough to be full front line. Or mage with a weapon like dagger mage which has full magic regen and such but not enough armor to fight in a big front line fight or at least not take a hit well. They tend to focus on magic and usually higher skill with parry and such to avoid all or most hits that way because they can' take the hits.

You can do shields too however keep in mind shields are armor and heavy so basically naked with a tower shield is full mage armor weight or mage armor with tower shield is hybrid weight and hybrid with shield may as well go full paladin because it's at that weight anyways.

Reactions: Rahz