Buff "scribing book" drop rate -_-

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
There's literally no way to progress on a mage other than camping the illusionist boss for 2 weeks straight hoping that you get this book in your inventory. It should be a 100% drop rate, but at least buff it to be like 50%. I've spent 7 hours camping this boss and haven't even seen it drop once.

Reactions: fuatX

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
You could do that, or go the other route of making gold and buying scrolls to level scribing the old fashion way.

Falcon

May 28, 2020
Is it really that rare of a drop? I helped some guys in the sewers the other night and they got it first run.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I was going to agree with you, but then my guild got the drop and now I want the skills to be rare and denied to others. XD

We probably farmed him for 3-4 hours. No drop. Then one guildie got a few random blueberries together and they got it on the second drop. Classic reason why RNG is lame.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
imagine making mage gated behind a low drop-rate book from a boss in the highest pvp contested area in the game that everyone in the game camps because of its high gold value

i love this game, but yeah.. I'm quitting. Not going to pay 70 gold per scribing skill level from 25-40, and not going to try to collect an impossible-to-collect-when-solo book when it's 100% necessary to be able to play my class. I literally can't solo veteran bandits with my build without greater heal which requires 50 scribing.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Or you could find a scribe who'd write you the spells for a modest amount of gold and maybe a couple rez scrolls.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
or they could hide mounted archery and two handed weapon/heavy armor crafting books behind 30 minute respawn bosses that 90% of PKs in the game go to. The game would at least be balanced then.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
or they could hide mounted archery and two handed weapon/heavy armor crafting books behind 30 minute respawn bosses that 90% of PKs in the game go to. The game would at least be balanced then.
Mages are supposed to be hard and rare. And you only need to use scribe's services once until the new school comes out, while you may waste several weapon/armour sets in one day. Plus, there are some armour sets locked behind bosses actually.

Scribing is in the weird spot right now because it'll become useless very soon till the new schools. If it was easy to level for everyone it would be even weirder.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
IDK.. I was having a blast soloing on my mage using a brown bear until I hit a wall with veteran bandits. I can't solo them without the greater heal spell, which is basically impossible to teach myself as a solo player. It currently costs 60-70 gold per scribing level from 25-40 and I've killed the illusionist 10 times, didn't get a book. I also got pked there by groups of 4+ 5 times now. They've pk'd my brown bear etc. there. I don't really mind the pvp so much, but it's basically impossible for me to acquire the scribing book or 1,250 gold it'd cost me to level scribing to 50 which is complete horse shit.

The main problem comes with physical combat users being incentivized to hunt the illusionist because of the chance of selling the book for 500 gold. This is unfair to mages. I guess I'll just never heal/purify any non-mages ever again.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
I literally can't solo veteran bandits with my build without greater heal which requires 50 scribing.
You can solo veteran bandits on mages, atleast i can on my mage, in vendor armor and weapon without pets. Seems like a learn to parry issue.
I agree to everything you said about scribing and i do not understand why they made starting out as a mage this frustrating.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Mages are supposed to be hard and rare.
Nobody ever said this
And you only need to use scribe's services once until the new school comes out, while you may waste several weapon/armour sets in one day. Plus, there are some armour sets locked behind bosses actually.

Scribing is in the weird spot right now because it'll become useless very soon till the new schools. If it was easy to level for everyone it would be even weirder.
There is no scribe service since you would have to trade someone your spell book and the scrolls to scribe everyone could just totally scam you

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Mages are supposed to be hard and rare.
You are right that in Henriks dream vision we will have super rare spells around that maybe only 1 player can have at a time and thus will be pretty OP.
This is years down the road and wont be the norm for normal magic users of any kind.

If spells are respawnable, they wont be rare by any means.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
There is no scribe service since you would have to trade someone your spell book and the scrolls to scribe everyone could just totally scam you
Well i have 2 mages in my guild who filled their spellbooks this way, i could even PM you whom to contact if you will.
There are also guilds you can generally trust, like Northern Bank, i'm almost sure they have a scribe now.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
You can solo veteran bandits on mages, atleast i can on my mage, in vendor armor and weapon without pets. Seems like a learn to parry issue.
I agree to everything you said about scribing and i do not understand why they made starting out as a mage this frustrating.
with my 15 strength build i'm pretty sure that would take like 5 minutes just to kill one bandit. The reason why I mentioned greater heal is because I can't outheal the veteran bandit dps upon my brown bear with lesser heal

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Join a guild that has a scribe. Join a guild that doesn't have a scribe and make a guild effort to buy/grind the Scribe skill. You are welcome to play solo, but then don't complain if things are difficult.

And you are really putting too much hope into Greater Heal. It does 30.5hp/sec vs lesser heal's 27.7 HP/sec. That is 2.8hp more for more than triple the mana cost and 50% more reagents. Just spam the lesser heal button.

Reactions: Finnley