Buff Daggers

Gromko

Sep 12, 2020
Daggers other than being an incredible niche already seem to have been nerfed further in mo2 with horrible weakspot chances but also the combat changes that have been implemented. I honestly would hope to see daggers be given more pierce attack moves like a left or right stab or overhead stab essentially anything to mix up your attacks because you already have to hug someones face to use them and your attacks are laughably predictable. Slashing is basically pointless and weakspot has been reduced so heavily its not even viable anymore.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Mordhau had a mechanic where trusting weps could combo attack by alternating left and right side stabs. I cant remember if it counted as stabs or side attacks. But something like that would be cool in MO2. something other than just spam stab. MO1 spam stab weapons were op, and you could just try and lag behind people to get through blocks. Mo2 plays differently, so thrusting only weapons really need another option.

I agree that daggers need a buff. I loved rollign daggers in MO1. Several issues with them in MO2.

They do less damage than spears. MO1 was the opposite, they had worse range, and stam (dolk or heavy dagger with damage core somehow had worse stam than long spear), but did more damage. If they are going to be short spears they need to do more damage ofr be faster.

The swing arc wit ha shield is bad. It should thrust higher, not at like waist level. Similar to spears. Its currently really hard to hit the enemy in the head, and to hit over shields.

Gromko

Sep 12, 2020
Mordhau had a mechanic where trusting weps could combo attack by alternating left and right side stabs. I cant remember if it counted as stabs or side attacks. But something like that would be cool in MO2. something other than just spam stab. MO1 spam stab weapons were op, and you could just try and lag behind people to get through blocks. Mo2 plays differently, so thrusting only weapons really need another option.

I agree that daggers need a buff. I loved rollign daggers in MO1. Several issues with them in MO2.

They do less damage than spears. MO1 was the opposite, they had worse range, and stam (dolk or heavy dagger with damage core somehow had worse stam than long spear), but did more damage. If they are going to be short spears they need to do more damage ofr be faster.

The swing arc wit ha shield is bad. It should thrust higher, not at like waist level. Similar to spears. Its currently really hard to hit the enemy in the head, and to hit over shields.
I really like the changes to mo2s combat and have participating in the combat alpha since near the start. What made spammable weapons so good in mo1 was just the terrible netcode they have basically rectified in mo2 but that had the unfortunate side affect of nerfing such a unique weapon choice like daggers. On top of that they seemed to have nerfed daggers inherent weakspot chance and materials known for their weakspot modifiers which has honestly made them useless to a degree because of the easily telegraphed stabs and attack speed of them. Now henrik has talked about being able to add poisions to daggers snd im sure they might have their niche in the future but if they even got an attack like spears do when they are wielded 2h where a right swing almost looks exactly like a stab itd be nice. Restricting a weapon to only attack direction especially such a short ranged one is just disappointing.

Reactions: Jatix

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Actually not all features for daggers are yet in place. There are plans to add poison for weapons, and daggers will be the most efficient weapon to use them...

arcana

Apr 8, 2021
Lmao daggers arent even one of the worst weapons in the game. Poleswords are completely useless and trash, flanged maces aswell, axes are kind of up there too. Daggers do not have any handlehit issues that make some other weapon types completely useless.