Bows and Shields

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I was always told that playing a lightly armoured character, eg. mage, you should carry a shield so you could turn your back on archers while healing and get a degree of protection.

This is the result of letting a bandit bowman shoot me in the back while carrying a large round shield. Any comments?

bow2.png
bow1.png

• Sad
Reactions: Nefnate

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
MO2 combat system is not the same like in Life is feudal. You need to block (press RB mouse to block hits from weapons and arrows). If your shield on your back - its just a picture and its not guard you from hits on your back.

I am sure when they was creating MO2 they copy Life is Feudal, but here battle mechanic is more simple.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
If your shield on your back - its just a picture and its not guard you from hits on your back.
Are you just talking about NPCs, or PVP as well? I was told that for PVP the shield protected your back from archers. If it does nothing I'll get rid of it - my character isn't really designed for melee, and even when I do fight hand to hand I find the shield blocks a lot of visibility, so I'd be happier just parrying.

D

Deleted member 44

Are you just talking about NPCs, or PVP as well? I was told that for PVP the shield protected your back from archers. If it does nothing I'll get rid of it - my character isn't really designed for melee, and even when I do fight hand to hand I find the shield blocks a lot of visibility, so I'd be happier just parrying.
No. Roman is wrong. It absolutely protects you when worn on the back. Shit shield = shit protection. I have heard that blocking skill also effects damage but I've never tested this as I always run with 100 blocking.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia

NPCs are huge cheaters in many areas of the game making many things useless such as shields, magic reflection, etc

Players hitting your equipped shield even if not actively blocking however should result in equipment hits that benefit from the shield protection

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
90% of the value of shields comes from equipment hits. If someone strikes where your shield is the shield reduces the blow based on the protection values of the shield. Of course, a shield can be used in an active parry but it's not really better for this than a weapon. So yes, on your back or even just held in front of you not blocking/blocking the wrong direction a shield protects from hits that try to pass through it.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
I am talking about NPC. I with my wife are PVE players and for whole month of playing in Myrland never didnt fight against another players. So I dont know how shield works in PVP. But against NPCs it works like I said.