Body Count

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
There is a stat for just about everything in the game save one thing. We need a counter of number of blues murdered since the 1st day of game play. We have body counts for murders killed and criminals killed.

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
sure people will always try to game the system, still should be a body count of some sort. Everything else is.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Too easy to farm. Killing afk guildies or even alt accounts. Its really a useless number.

It is but people get called on that. lol. It's still a useful number to see. Some people aren't padding their stats per se, and I liked to look at the bluekill list. It's 'interesting.'

Edit: so yes there is absolutely a huge absence not having a blue kill list and titles, even if you can farm them. If you farm blue kills when you can FARM BLUE KILLS, you are a sweaty to end all sweaties.

D

Deleted member 44

I like this. I estimate my number of players killed to be over 2000 but it would be nice to have an actual count.

Reactions: LoPing

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I like this. I estimate my number of players killed to be over 2000 but it would be nice to have an actual count.

see, people enjoy this, and I enjoy seeing it. I was a proud 0 in MO1, but that may have to change. Nobody was impeding me in what I was doing before by 'blue means', now they might be so....

Reactions: LoPing

Piet

May 28, 2020
There is a stat for just about everything in the game save one thing. We need a counter of number of blues murdered since the 1st day of game play. We have body counts for murders killed and criminals killed.
The reason they don't do this is because they had that in the first game and people used it as an excuse to spawn camp new players and graveyards and such. Maybe if it didn't count unless they had x amount of levels in their weapon skill already or something it could work? Then they could also keep track of new players killed since they weren't at that level and force a negative title or something else funny like that to discourage killing new players XD

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The reason they don't do this is because they had that in the first game and people used it as an excuse to spawn camp new players and graveyards and such. Maybe if it didn't count unless they had x amount of levels in their weapon skill already or something it could work? Then they could also keep track of new players killed since they weren't at that level and force a negative title or something else funny like that to discourage killing new players XD

the leaderboard might be a waste but if you can still search people like MO1, it's useful to see their blue kills IMO. Even if people are padding their stats, as said. It's a glaring omission imo.

Plus some people wanna wear their blue kill titles and that will help nubs identify who to run from and not need to run as hard from everyone.

Piet

May 28, 2020
the leaderboard might be a waste but if you can still search people like MO1, it's useful to see their blue kills IMO. Even if people are padding their stats, as said. It's a glaring omission imo.

Plus some people wanna wear their blue kill titles and that will help nubs identify who to run from and not need to run as hard from everyone.
Ya I mean if it was something that was showing off how many actual pvp ready people you killed it be amazing but they only went for noobs specifically and when called out would shrug it off and say it was for the title. Way less cool title if not earned vs people who can fight back and my idea fixes that.

Reactions: Amadman

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Ya I mean if it was something that was showing off how many actual pvp ready people you killed it be amazing but they only went for noobs specifically and when called out would shrug it off and say it was for the title. Way less cool title if not earned vs people who can fight back and my idea fixes that.

I feel you, but like I said anything that people can show or data that can gather that will help you profile people is good to me. I wanna know who is camping nubs too haha.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I agree with Piet,

When it takes a lot of work to get a title, players tend to try and find the easiest/fastest way to do it.

In this case that tends to be preying on the weakest.

Sure players are free to play that way.

But it is probably not good for the game to have mechanics that encourage more of that type of behavior.

Especially seeing it could be detrimental to the retention of newer weaker players.

D

Deleted member 44

I'm still going to spawn camp "noobs" if they are somewhere they don't belong, regardless if it unlocks a title or pads a number. The funny thing is that getting spawn camped is a choice. If I killed you and your dumb enough to keep spawning in the same location; that's on you. The real issue is that the game allows you to continue respawning without penalty.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I'm still going to spawn camp "noobs" if they are somewhere they don't belong, regardless if it unlocks a title or pads a number. The funny thing is that getting spawn camped is a choice. If I killed you and your dumb enough to keep spawning in the same location; that's on you. The real issue is that the game allows you to continue respawning without penalty.
No doubt that it is your right to choose to do so.

But having a reward to do it would most likely lead to more players doing it than otherwise.

That is my only point.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I really legit 100% do not believe there is much association between camping nubs and grinding that title. lol. But that's just me. I'm not saying that people won't be able to stay on longer because they are like getting a title pop while they are already camping nubs, but in general I don't think people are like wew time to dedicate my 2 hrs of camping nubs today.

Don't you guys wanna know who is camping nubs? People are gonna camp nubs regardless. They might camp 15% more nubs for titles or something, but is that really a reason to remove the count? I don't think so. It's a glaring omission and NO I am not camping nubs. The only people I've camped were people who were spawning and continually trying to go in on on me.

I dunno if MO2 even has many spots that support camping nubs.

I'm also surprised that people call that a reward. It's just like a douche flag. Like I said if people wanna fly that flag and let everyone know what a douche they are, then it will help us identify them. I'm sure plenty of people who were high on the nub kill list didn't do it for the title, didn't wear the title. Like that dude Prase, I only ran into him on MA. He was KILLING nubs, but he wasn't camping them. And like I said, that was one of the many mortal experiences that inspired me to do more. I mean, I got a lot out of these experiences... ended up having some of the best mounts for awhile (til everyone else caught up + coming back after the lyk nerf), etc etc... and all of them were because I ran into people who I noticed had something that I couldn't even touch. I didn't wanna craft OGH armor or whatever, but the work I put into mounts was A. easier and B. IMO more important because it allowed me to just skate from those assholes. A lot of people would want to fight Prase and kill him, and I do remember going looking for him once when I had more specc'd chars and he was supposedly around Tindrem, but it's enough to just know that in that moment your lyk (cuz the way horses/lyks worked weight and all that mattered, so you could actually build an ideal mount, it wasn't just one meta) was not gonna lose to theirs even if you were naked.

Edit: so it's like these doods are the first mini bosses then you step over them and have arrived as a vet. Well haha, I dunno if I played enough to be a vet. I was v on and off, but I def put in hours.

Last edited: