Bloody Attire (New Features)

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Suggestions to make it so that other players can see your attire when it is covered in blood to enhance realism.

Give blood a feature: ideas I have...

1.) When you bleed everyone can see your attire covered in blood. This way people can know you are aggressive or maybe you just came back from a hunt.

2.) Blood can affect your armor and character the longer it stays on your armor.
-After 1 in game day you lose -5 dexterity
-After 2 in game days you lose armor durability with the dexterity debuff stacked
-After 3 days you start to puke and flies buzz around you along with the other debuffs stacked
-After 4 days - 5 to health attribute and the other debuffs stacked

3.) Rinse armor: an animation that shows you rinsing the blood from your armor, requires 30 unit of water per armor piece. This will avoid you from getting the Bloody Attire debuffs if you wash your armor once a day in game.
- (note) another easy way to rinse armor is to walk in a lake or river and it will automatically rinse your armor; or have a mage cast purify on you which will cleanse your disease (and debuffs) and make your armor pristine.

Thoughts on this idea?

@Henrik Nyström

Last edited:

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Suggestions to make it so that other players can see your attire when it is covered in blood to enhance realism.

1.) When you bleed everyone can see your attire covered in blood. This way people can know you are aggressive or maybe you just came back from a hunt.

2.) Blood can affect your armor and character the longer it stays on your armor.
-After 2 in game days you lose armor durability with the dexterity debuff stacked
-After 3 days you start to puke and flies buzz around you along with the other debuffs stacked

3.) Rinse armor: an animation that shows you rinsing the blood from your armor, requires 1 unit of water per armor piece. This will avoid you from getting the Bloody Attire debuffs if you wash your armor once a day in game.
- (note) another easy way to rinse armor is to walk in a lake or river and it will automatically rinse your armor.

Thoughts on this idea?

@Henrik Nyström
Units are measurements of weight in MO, meaning that 10000 = 100kg (usually) as I am sure you know. That would mean that 1 unit of water is equivilent to 0.01kg, or 10 grams, which would be LESS than a tablespoon worth of water. Barely enough to wet someones mouth.

If such an idea were implemented, I feel like more water should be used.

As for debuffs etc - you're pointing toward a disease system. If one can more or less get sick by leaving blood on them, adding debuffs and VFX, the foundations for any sickness have been laid. Perhaps an idea like this should come AFTER such a system comes to life, or it could give birth to it.

Anyway, neat suggestion. I don't think it has any priority at all; though I think it would be a nice immersion tool. Most other of our PvPing 'peers' will likely just think it will be annoying to deal with and a waste of time.

Reactions: Serverus

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Units are measurements of weight in MO, meaning that 10000 = 100kg (usually) as I am sure you know. That would mean that 1 unit of water is equivilent to 0.01kg, or 10 grams, which would be LESS than a tablespoon worth of water. Barely enough to wet someones mouth.

Good point I edited it to 30 units of water per piece. Water can get heavy.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628

3.) Rinse armor: an animation that shows you rinsing the blood from your armor, requires 30 unit of water per armor piece. This will avoid you from getting the Bloody Attire debuffs if you wash your armor once a day in game.
- (note) another easy way to rinse armor is to walk in a lake or river and it will automatically rinse your armor.

Thoughts on this idea?
As @Nefnate put it, it points toward a disease system. It's a system that could get complex & be immersive (literally, if you bathe in a body of water) and the same folks who never have liked the idea of avatars in MO having to eat would hate this, too.

Two "Buts":

• But the game has a bandaging skill; it would be just as realistic in a highly detailed way for bandaging to reduce the amount of blood that gets all over you or stays on you. (This a minor but.)
  • BUT the game has both healing and purification spells; are they going to work on everything BUT the creeping crud you contract from your bloodstained armor/body/clothing?

And some Questions:

Who among you goes for more than one in-game day without getting soaked in blood?

Beth Jeddah used to have a bath-house. Maybe Tindrem and Morin Khur (at least) both should have one, too?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Serverus

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
As @Nefnate put it, it points toward a disease system. It's a system that could get complex & be immersive (literally, if you bathe in a body of water) and the same folks who never have liked the idea of avatars in MO having to eat would hate this, too.

Two "Buts":

• But the game has a bandaging skill; it would be just as realistic in a highly detailed way for bandaging to reduce the amount of blood that gets all over you or stays on you. (This a minor but.)
  • BUT the game has both healing and purification spells; are they going to work on everything BUT the creeping crud you contract from your bloodstained armor/body/clothing?

And some Questions:

Who among you goes for more than one in-game day without getting soaked in blood?

Beth Jeddah used to have a bath-house. Maybe Tindrem and Morin Khur (at least) both should have one, too?

View attachment 2012
Never thought about purification! I definitely like the idea of a caster using purify to instantly take the blood off your attire. It makes the spell hell of a lot more useful than it is now.

I can envision a Thursar in town covered in blood and flies. “Me need mage to purify armor. I pay 50 gold. Give me purify!” Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah