Blocking and archery.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Seems like an issue with the build? If dex behaved the way it used to there would be more of a trade off to have that max str, in any case the testing I did was from a 123 str shooting scale armor for 35 that doesn't sound that high to me and I main a Veela hybrid
Seems like archery is getting the blame for what Seems to be builds and crafting issues.

(Not aimed at you Molag)
I get it, it's easier to just say bows are hitting good armor for 60 so it gets nerfed and you don't have to deal with it.
35 is a lot for a no stam bow on scale plate armor and thats not even a headshot. Actual hybrid armor would get hit for 50-60. IIRC in MO1 no stam bows hit only 20-25 at most and that was using dense crepite. I cant even imagine how OP bows are gonna be when that gets added.

Btw bone tissue has been buffed and its pretty close to the other dental armors like mol, ironbone, etc.

Reactions: Rorry

Rhias

May 28, 2020
35 is a lot for a no stam bow on scale plate armor and thats not even a headshot. Actual hybrid armor would get hit for 50-60. IIRC in MO1 no stam bows hit only 20-25 at most and that was using dense crepite. I cant even imagine how OP bows are gonna be when that gets added.

Btw bone tissue has been buffed and its pretty close to the other dental armors like mol, ironbone, etc.
No offence, just a serious question:
What kind of bows drain no stamina? Are shortbows worse than longbows?
I'm asking because my 77 str short recurve bow is draining stamina even when standing still.

Reactions: Speznat and nazgo

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021

35 damage was for a full draw on a bow that was 123str rated against my hybrid in 10 weight hybrid armor.
another bit of testing i just did, a Veela using a long bow matched for str level can only get 4-5 shots off at full sprint with a full draw, spam shooting will allows 2 times that many but the damage is anywhere from 7-13.

Reactions: nazgo

Tiddly

Mar 31, 2021
1-shot potential? Dude, what are you smoking?

First of all, some poeple still seem to believe that weakspot ignores all armor like it used to be in MO1 a few years ago. Even there it got patched to ignore only 50% of the armor, for balance reasons.

Second you can't oneshot a naked mage that is wearing no armor with a bow (unless the mage didn't skill con, which would be absolutely stupid).
Okay, I'm exaggerating it actually being able to one-hit KO someone. It really doesn't make a difference to the rest of the point of them being incredibly strong as it already is against most players. Not that I'm completely annoyed by it at all. It's just that as of right now, you're basically required to have a bow in most engagements.

I'm asking because my 77 str short recurve bow is draining stamina even when standing still.
Stam drain depends on your strength (as most can guess). If you have more strength than is required, holding the draw can consume zero stamina. I've been crafting my Veela clanny shortbows because he can keep popping off shots and regain stamina while aiming. The one thing we did not test yet is if this also functions on long bows as well, but my guess is that it's possible since the stamina drain is dependent on the requirement.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Seems like your issue is with bow crafting more so than archery itself, which I agree, bowcrafting is very easy and take little effort to gather good mats, Dense Crep being the only material slower to gather for a little boost to damage, a bow crafting overhaul would be great as it would give players the chance to find the new recipes.
Right now I make bows and practically give them away because it's so easy to gather mats and make the best recipe bow.
This. If they made bow crafting not dumb and cheap I'd have no issue with bows.

I'm tired of people who have played for 5 minutes and made themselves a set of bone tissue armour complaining that bows hit too hard.
The problem is when the bow is made of bone tissue or something of barely higher value. A bone spear doesnt slam bone armor (a bone spear makes bone armor feel like tung lol). A bone bow shouldnt slam vs bone armor.

Reactions: Rorry

Insomnia Sid

Apr 28, 2021
Germany

Sooo i got a 77Str and 66Range short and regenerate stam while standing still btw ^^ can show you proof on disc if you like
(all bow and stam glades of alvarin)

but i dont think bows are OP, there are to many things that are missing right now in the game so they look strong at the first look but i wouldnt say its op
(also havent seen a bow hitting n armored player for these legendary 60dmg ^^')

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Sooo i got a 77Str and 66Range short and regenerate stam while standing still btw ^^ can show you proof on disc if you like
(all bow and stam glades of alvarin)

but i dont think bows are OP, there are to many things that are missing right now in the game so they look strong at the first look but i wouldnt say its op
(also havent seen a bow hitting n armored player for these legendary 60dmg ^^')
I checked my bow again and it was also draining no stam. Probably related to armor weight and/or the stamina regeneration clade gift.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
You can block arrows and if your shield has enough resistance to the arrow type of dmg you won´t feel the hit. If you gonna test, test with good gear.

True though I have a point both in support of, and to counter what you're saying.

The counter is you can aim above or below the shield. Doesn't even take much skill to hit most builds with a heavy round shield out, some pretty large exposed areas like the legs.

However, in support of what you are saying, tower shields aren't even out yet. And some of the shorter builds can cover a huge area of their body with a good shield.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I just hope that they will not nerf it to death. because i was planning for my pve farming also just include the skill archery to hunt animals. xD

Anyway party hard.