Best professions with good $ ROI?

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Hi all,

My in-game time is limited, so although I would like to reap the rewards of my professions tree, I would like it to be secondary / slightly less involved - a side effort to support my main goals (all things combat).

Naturally I assume things like gathering, extracting, and selling those mats... But I'm relatively uneducated on the profession trees.

Please share any you think I might want to look into!

Side note - I'm a hybrid Veela archer/mage.

Thank you in advance!

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Gathering or Extracting will be the easiest for someone with limited time. Actually the best would be if you're a crafter and someone who has already put a lot of time into researching tells you what recipes to use. Then you would just buy the materials and use your crafting skill to make something and put it up on your local broker.

You can make a good use of your time by offering your extraction services so people can save their primary points. You can have someone mail you a stack of rice for instance, you take it and grind it up, then mail the rice flour back to them and charge them a fee for your services. Pretty simple but you'll have to get in contact with the right people to become your customers and be available or work out a schedule.

Of course you can also try to fit in production of at least one material yourself so you can gather and sell your own rice flour.

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Gathering or Extracting will be the easiest for someone with limited time. Actually the best would be if you're a crafter and someone who has already put a lot of time into researching tells you what recipes to use. Then you would just buy the materials and use your crafting skill to make something and put it up on your local broker.

You can make a good use of your time by offering your extraction services so people can save their primary points. You can have someone mail you a stack of rice for instance, you take it and grind it up, then mail the rice flour back to them and charge them a fee for your services. Pretty simple but you'll have to get in contact with the right people to become your customers and be available or work out a schedule.

Of course you can also try to fit in production of at least one material yourself so you can gather and sell your own rice flour.
Very helpful, thank you!

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Fishing is by far the best way to earn money depending on the recipies you have, you can put in as little as 2 gold for pole line and hook, and you have people at the higher end making 200 to 300 gold per hour. Points wise all you need is butchery fishing and the fish lore so the even the primary point investment is really low if your already going to be a butcher on a veela.

Reactions: Rorry

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

As much as people want selling services to be a thing I wouldn't count on it. Hardly anyone trusts others enough to pay them for something they may or may not do. And if they do they entrust it to their friend or trusted guild mate not some random player

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Avoid anything that requires selling on the broker as well. It has very low capacities and uncertain results especially as market prices are not well established and there seems always someone willing to sell their time cheaply.

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Avoid anything that requires selling on the broker as well. It has very low capacities and uncertain results especially as market prices are not well established and there seems always someone willing to sell their time cheaply.

Are you familiar with how the 'management' profession works?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Are you familiar with how the 'management' profession works?
Yes, but it is hardly worth it, especially as an armor crafter, one can still sell very few sets of armor. Can make gold much more easily and efficiently selling/vending the mats.