Best Engine (i see the same)

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Or just have a public test server for everyone to access and test, generate the feedback infrastructure and it's the best feedback they could get. But no, make prívate test team so the fuckers find exploits to get ritch with and never get banned about it.

Theres this idea that they lack resources to make things well but the resources are there, just miss-used. The history of mortal.

Even a public test server that had a low server capacity limit to get around server limitations would be a HUGE improvement. For example, let's say their server can only hold 400 people... OK, whatever. Cap it at 400.

Having feedback & reports from as many people as possible is very valuable information for developing something that is in a production environment.

I wonder if part of the reason they do not do this is the limited overall player-base population. Imagine if 400 people who would be on main server are now on the test server. The main server would probably look like it is in heavy decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I really hope SV doesnt change for ue 5 Just because they mess something for sure and actually we dont need more mess around but Just focus on the things to fix. Ty
It looks like they are planning to move to UE5 for a diversity of reasons we probably don't know entirely but i agree with you. According to Henrique te devs working on UE5 migration are not considered dev resources.
Even a test server that had a low server capacity limit to get around server limitations would be a HUGE improvement. For example, let's say their server can only hold 400 people... OK, whatever. Cap it at 400.

Having feedback & reports from as many people as possible is very valuable information for developing something that is in a production environment.

I wonder if part of the reason they do not do this is the limited overall player-base population. Imagine if 400 people who would be on main server are now on the test server. The main server would probably look like it is in heavy decline.
I don't think people Will rather play all the time on a test server but they don't have to be opened 24/7 te can work on a timeframe to even reduce rental cost or whatever.

Reactions: Kaquenqos

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Or just have a public test server for everyone to access and test, generate the feedback infrastructure and it's the best feedback they could get. But no, make prívate test team so the fuckers find exploits to get ritch with and never get banned about it.

Theres this idea that they lack resources to make things well but the resources are there, just miss-used. The history of mortal.

yea you better believe I'd be pvping on the test server for luls quite often. The only way to actually get data is 'release the hounds,' you can't create a proper environment w/ testing in a sandbox IMO. Just gotta let it roll out and eventually the parts that are wrong will stand out. It's a tried and true method, and something we've been asking for for AWHILE.

It's very unlikely that people will run into a crazy like quit the game level bug that they haven't run into in reg game; it'll just give them a chance to try stuff, and people eat up new content, even on that, I think.

Makes you wonder what the testers are doing if they are finding out exploits haha, I mean, I guess that's good? But people need to be somewhat playing the game. It would be nice to incentivize people to do that on the test server. No idea how tho haha.

But yes, people profiting off of bugs they discovered before a patch went live is zzz. Even if it's not punishable (cuz SV,) it should at least get you removed from the test team.

Edit: but yea...

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
yea you better believe I'd be pvping on the test server for luls quite often. The only way to actually get data is 'release the hounds,' you can't create a proper environment w/ testing in a sandbox IMO. Just gotta let it roll out and eventually the parts that are wrong will stand out. It's a tried and true method, and something we've been asking for for AWHILE.

It's very unlikely that people will run into a crazy like quit the game level bug that they haven't run into in reg game; it'll just give them a chance to try stuff, and people eat up new content, even on that, I think.

Makes you wonder what the testers are doing if they are finding out exploits haha, I mean, I guess that's good? But people need to be somewhat playing the game. It would be nice to incentivize people to do that on the test server. No idea how tho haha.

But yes, people profiting off of bugs they discovered before a patch went live is zzz. Even if it's not punishable (cuz SV,) it should at least get you removed from the test team.

Edit: but yea...
PTRs don't serve as just QA tools that catch issues SV's test cases don't account for, they'r also great for players to try out things on their own. Tbh, any game that wants to be good needs one. They could just spin up a separate instance with like 100 player cap or something.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
PTRs don't serve as just QA tools that catch issues SV's test cases don't account for, they'r also great for players to try out things on their own. Tbh, any game that wants to be good needs one. They could just spin up a separate instance with like 100 player cap or something.

400 is nice. Likely there wouldn't often be that many people, but there could possibly be 100 simultaneous. But yea, it'd not be hard, except they'd have to keep it separated from main, which they never achieved w/ alts. I could see SV test servers being like 10 havens, rip.

• Haha