Best Engine (i see the same)

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
That was fun. I buy (joke) Dying Night 2 and play on it on full video options and how u thing what i see?
1. Saburra Rock -
2. Colored Forest -

3. Steppe nettle and other herbs -

Then only one question. If you got it in engine and free packages, what are are doing guys?

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The entire town of Fab is a unreal store asset pack called "Medieval Village". Its $40...

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Also meduli and 98% of the assets you see. They do this to save dev time. If they would make everythign from scratch we would have had release in 2035 so im glad that they save time. I mean noone wants that they waste time in making stones or walls or trees or stuff that they could just use xD

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They also do put in some dev time in adapting the assets. Like Tindrem, its a gothic cathedral asset. its obviously been remade a bit to fit the aesthetic better.

Say what you want about store bought assets, but how is it any different to buy an asset that fits in or spending a bit of dev time to change it so it does than to pay a dev to achieve the same job for a much higher time and cost?

There is a big difference between a asset store only project that is an asset flip entirely and a big project using store bought assets to fill out.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
In general, for a massive undertaking like MO2 I support a small team using such assets (that's what they're for)... If the devs can take advantage of this tool to focus on developing other content, that's a win for a small team.

I think most would agree that the actual game-world, visually, is not the lacking part of MO2. It's a nice looking game, and, while custom assets would be preferable, the pre-made assets used suit the game fine. Also, to give credit where due, since the assets were repacked, I think the game performs notably better.

Still, I wish SV would use the time they saved better.

They need to sit down and talk about what MO2 as a finished product is, and then focus on delivering that.

D

Dracu

Store bought assets are cool, its what you make out of it. Will you make something unique out of this modular lego type set? Something really unqiue that not only fits visually but also artistically into the world. Or just dump the demo scene in the game.... Like Fabernum....

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I don't mind store bought assets that much, no point paying someone 400$ to make an orange, but yeah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Even large dev studios use asset packs. I can look at division and see the same trashcans that fallot and skyrim use.

If they do a good job with store bought assets like the necro dungeon then thats good for everyone.

But up untill necro dungeon they had been doing a poor job. Like the risar dungeon is garbo.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
They also do put in some dev time in adapting the assets. Like Tindrem, its a gothic cathedral asset. its obviously been remade a bit to fit the aesthetic better.

Say what you want about store bought assets, but how is it any different to buy an asset that fits in or spending a bit of dev time to change it so it does than to pay a dev to achieve the same job for a much higher time and cost?

There is a big difference between a asset store only project that is an asset flip entirely and a big project using store bought assets to fill out.

You are completly right, i really don't mind if they buy generic assets for cheap and the game looks like poop aslong as the rest of the actual game is well made, but its not the case.

But i remember when they were advertising these generic assets like if they made em themselves, pretty sad that was. Theres a video a dude made i 've seen it in one of the discords. A summary of Henrique saying they made all the assets they have, and then shows the generic assets.

D

Dracu

I think the best asset usage so far is the tindrem graveyard. I know a wierd place to complement but, it looks cool. Tindrems itself suuuuucks though. Especiallly the extraction area... My god thats just bad

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
I ttalk not about how is bad or something. Engine is ok in more times. But if that all can add with packages, what are they do? 90% mechanics still not add or not worked.

Reactions: Xunila

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
My issnt even that im against buying assets. Its obv much cheaper to buy trees and mobs than make them. But like buy assets to make your own town. Not buy an entire town lmao. The world just feels random generated. Most of it doesnt feel like they took time to design and build it.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My issnt even that im against buying assets. Its obv much cheaper to buy trees and mobs than make them. But like buy assets to make your own town. Not buy an entire town lmao. The world just feels random generated. Most of it doesnt feel like they took time to design and build it.

didn't know they did all that, funny. No wonder shit is so different, haha. I dunno. If someone helped them, then it's cool. I mean... playing on lo settings doesn't help that feeling, but some areas are more bearable than others. There is a level of immersion in some areas and others it's just like you are walking on the moon. That's fucky.

Edit: shit there's people who can make art out of beer cans, tho, the supply of assets is no issue, however, to actually buy something that is a package and slap it in is kinda crazy. Especially because THAT'S HAVEN. That's the entry point of your game.

Maybe shit really changed a lot... remember spawning into Tindrem? The idea of... get your shit and get out (for most of us) was really cool. It felt like stuff was happening, like I would never afk somewhere there. I wonder if introducing people to this generic garbo right out the gate is off putting.

Reactions: Jatix
D

Deleted member 44

Well isn't that the problem. A lot of the time they don't adapt the objects to the game world. Ever been in a dungeon? Shit is broken with holes in the floor and stairs you can't walk on. I'm all for them 'saving time', but the shit they do implement is shit covered garbage.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I played around with Unreal Engine 5 a few months back, used some of their free terrain assets and was able to put together a fairly immersive tiny section of a dungeon with practically no prior experience.

The good thing about UE5 and its assets are that you can really make your own creation using ready-made assets. It really comes down to how much work you want to put in to make it look truly unique, even if it's just a bunch of assets rotated, tilted and meshed together.

You can even modify the asset texture and geometry to your heart's content, but given that SV is a small team they're not going to have the kind of manpower and time to do that on a massive scale. Like someone else on this thread said, if they were to hand-craft the entire world, it would probably take until 2035.

Me personally, I don't really care that they used store-bought assets to make MO2. It still feels like MO, but better-looking, more people playing, and the exponentially more powerful UE5 will allow them to add more sand and better tools for us to play with.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Well isn't that the problem. A lot of the time they don't adapt the objects to the game world. Ever been in a dungeon? Shit is broken with holes in the floor and stairs you can't walk on. I'm all for them 'saving time', but the shit they do implement is shit covered garbage.
I mean, ask henrik to put up a patreon in which all the costs go towards a tester team that doesnt spend 99% of the time taking notes and doing things in live to get ahead of everyone else instead of testing. Then you can brag about being the top patreon.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I mean, ask henrik to put up a patreon in which all the costs go towards a tester team that doesnt spend 99% of the time taking notes and doing things in live to get ahead of everyone else instead of testing. Then you can brag about being the top patreon.
Or just have a public test server for everyone to access and test, generate the feedback infrastructure and it's the best feedback they could get. But no, make prívate test team so the fuckers find exploits to get ritch with and never get banned about it.

Theres this idea that they lack resources to make things well but the resources are there, just miss-used. The history of mortal.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I really hope SV doesnt change for ue 5 Just because they mess something for sure and actually we dont need more mess around but Just focus on the things to fix. Ty