Beard/Blainn fur clipping

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Did a quick forum search and didn't find anything. At the moment beards are clipping through some/all helms, and the blainns fur also clips through armor in sometimes severe ways. Have submitted in-game bug reports

My suggestion is to design a couple of beard states which can be used depending on helm type:
  1. Open - complete unmodified beard in all its glory
  2. Closed - beard not rendered at all, or rendered as texture underneath helm (for full helms with tiny holes people might see through at close range
  3. Half -- a flattened beard version designed to be squashed down underneath half helms in a uniform way appropriate to all helm designs

The Blainn fur I propose a fur state for the slots currently equipped with gear in which the fur is reduced to a texture, or the fur length greatly reduced, to simulate being flattened out by gear and to prevent the harsh clipping we are currently seeing.

1608211458699.png

Don't get me wrong I am loving the fur and beards. The hair in general is far better than mo1tier but this is just too much and gets worse during movement morphs

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
*bump*

Release is in a few weeks and Blainn still have fur that is strong enough to penetrate any armor. Not sure about the beard as I haven't tested that yet. Surely you could apply some sort of mask or morpher to fur per body part armor is equipped on to make it sit flatter and not protrude through or de-render it if its completely concealed by equipment?

Reactions: Brir

Brir

Sep 15, 2021
*bump*

Release is in a few weeks and Blainn still have fur that is strong enough to penetrate any armor. Not sure about the beard as I haven't tested that yet. Surely you could apply some sort of mask or morpher to fur per body part armor is equipped on to make it sit flatter and not protrude through or de-render it if its completely concealed by equipment?

You can see some people's thighs through their pants as well when they run sometimes. Deffo needs a mask to hide the bits of the character model that are covered by armour.

I've also noticed a weird bug on my blainn when I run with a UI window open, my fur is about 1second behind my body in its animation, very odd

• Haha
Reactions: Najwalaylah