Bandit AI in Melee problems

Mirteus

Nov 29, 2020
So I just noticed theres another thread about bandits after already recording the video, but annyways I see its a bit more focused about the AI pathing.

Problems I see that happened either rarelly or often when fighting the bandits in melee:

1. You do a clean hit on them, but instead of full damage, somehow the damage is heavilly decreased, but it doesnt say in chat that it was blocked, parried, equipment hit or handle hit(it happens sooo often, maybe its actually a bug of sometimes ignoring their armor/damage mitigation?), like the first 2 hits I do in the video, both are clean hits on the head, but first one does 57 while the 2nd one does only 10
2. The AI perfectly times and in the correct direction parries your attack, but it counts as "blocked" and you still deal some decent damage
3. The AI damages you before their animation actually hits you(sometimes right as the attack animation starts, you already get hit)
4. You do a clean hit on them, but they parry it with no animation, without even saying they parried it in chat
5. You perfectly time and correct direction parry them, but their hit just goes through and damages you fully as if you werent even blocking (1:06 in video, just might be the damage before animation problem also)

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
loot table was an issue for years in mo till they finally got some interesting and balance loot here and there.
I hope they don't mess with that in MO2 and make it interesting and profitable before 2030

Zyloth

Nov 24, 2020
Most of these problems can and do happen in PvP as well. Number 1 is especially annoying, as it seems like a counter-hit will sometimes not give the full counter dmg, and instead will only give the click release dmg.