bad performance, framderops with i7, GTX 2070s 16gb RAM, ssd - please read - thank you!

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
i know there is people with less good equip running it smoothly and i have played beta before and i cannot remember i had these massive lags and framdrops i actually have.
character pre-rendering is off
multithreaded rendering is on
i can go medium settings nd it helps a little, but even then i have freezes for 1-3 seconds.
i also tried DLSS ultra Performance, performance and balanced, not a noticable change tbh.
i changed draw distance to 150%
tried with and without Vsync and i run on a framerate cap of 144 and WQHD (2k) resolution.

I have only 25mbit dl and only 1mbit upload - is that maybe a thing? I'm not an expert here.
I think my System should run it all fine and i cannot remember exactly, but it was for sure better some weeks ago.

any tips or suggestions?

Last edited:

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
when i run in specific regions - empty ones i'd say its all fine, but then i went to the jungle what is also a "empty" region and have lag.
It's maybe ealted to objects in the world???
does that hint to my slow connection?
I upgraded to 500mbit, but due to hardware bottlenecks it will be delayed 3 month or so.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
in the jungle when you get close to sator spawns you get huge FPS drop. I dont know if it's fixed, I havent been in the jungle for the past month
and I suppose is the same drop for other animal spawns

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
in the jungle when you get close to sator spawns you get huge FPS drop. I dont know if it's fixed, I havent been in the jungle for the past month
and I suppose is the same drop for other animal spawns
i'll observe if it is about spawns in general - thanks, that' maybe a point.

Lower your settings, and try resolution scaling. I run a 7 year old CPU with a gtx970 @ stable 50fps, but I also don't run best graphics.
thing is i tried various settings and it doesnt matter, it stutters and lags less with medium , but i still have freezes up to 3s.
I was around Toxai, where is more or less no ressources, players atm and i can run ultra including DLSS etc. and have 120 frames.

I guess its serverlag, but i have it while others dont have it. PvPed with a group and people with gtx1060 can play without framdrops and me lagging around having 10fps.
I died so often also versus AI or just falling, drowning just because of lag, its not fun anymore.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
sounds like you have a background process thats interfering with you cache'n the textures. Use your network monitor to see if anything "strange" is using up a large amount of network resources or if theres a lot of random spikes (dead cookies that cant communicate with their server can cause texture cache problems). Also, try changing pre-rendered frames to 2 or 3. If its set to 1, it will cause a cache skip, 2 will also do this in large games like this.
Trying random benchmark online can help diagnose a lot of problems. Some even give network statistics.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Also look if you ram is full and if the game uses you ssd as backup ram. Happens actually alot with many people in many games. 16tb are no longer enough for most stuff.
Open task manager and have a look. If its completly full than its maybe that.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
i think i may have found my issue - it was my mouse or my monitor who caused stutters and lag in all games, expecially online games. It's too much how i found out, but when a moving concept Art picture Intro of another game laggt so hard, i knew it wasnt GFX or CPU or RAM or whatever.
I set Audio to 16bit, was 24bit, cause i also have a big mixer soundboard for homerecording (no streamer sorry), this helped, then i heared sound artefacts when moving the mouse, updated driver, but it was also when mouse was disconnected, but hardly recognizable. I also changed DP cable and made sure there is no problem with my monitors, i dont have any kind of g-sync or freesnyc.
So idk it was Soundsettings of 24bit, the mouse driver or the Monitor cable, but after this - and man i had these issues for weeks now also in all other games i play - it was all fine again, also in all other games.
Its not that i dont have lag, but it is not comparable to what i ad the last weeks.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Also look if you ram is full and if the game uses you ssd as backup ram. Happens actually alot with many people in many games. 16tb are no longer enough for most stuff.
Open task manager and have a look. If its completly full than its maybe that.
MO2 uses < 1.3GB ram on my computer.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
And I failed. Memory paging was deactivated for my SDD.
However, windows decided to activate it on my HDD for some odd reason...

Reactions: Speznat

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Ok why was is deactivated?

My memory is not full. Not sure why windows decided to cache stuff on my HDD (or SDD, doesn't matter) at all. It should all stay in the RAM.
Therefore I deactivated it completely, so that windows doesn't even need to think about it. :D

Tiltovich

Apr 19, 2022
I think bad performance is because In the jungle demands too much of your system's processor. It is probably too powerful for your settings, and it would be better if you have lowered your settings in such a way as to optimize the quality and speed depending on the features. Another more expensive solution would be to attach another SSD to the computer with a higher memory capacity to increase the speed. But be careful when installing it to save and transfer data correctly; otherwise, you will need DATA RECOVERY to recover it.

Last edited:

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
somewhat old thread :p
i have upgraded to 32gb and game runs smooth on high settings, sometimes i have only 20fps in cities and at nights mostly, but i'm fine until.
I have seen players play on a 1060 and only texture blobs are loading, these bulging blops that arent the texture really and they have very good performance, even better than me.
In a PvP Situation the players didnt lag or rubberband because the textures werent loaded, whereas i had the players lag and rubberband loading textures.
With 32gb RAM it's less often the case, but still happens.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Got 2060super, i7 10700k, 32GB DDR4 and M.2 SSD
Got 60 limoted FPS owith Ultra settings and DLSS off.
Somethimes lagged closer to Bak-ti and on Jungle entrance (seems like a BIG node line)