Audio interface could be much more intuitive and customizable

Holypimp

Jun 2, 2020
As of right now we have a music volume fader, a master volume fader and an interface volume fader that doesn't even turn down the volume of the *ka ching!* sound when vendoring stuff.

We also have a voip fader that always has to be at 100% if I want to hear people over local voip and since everyone's mics is sending signal at very different volumes, some are very loud, some are very quiet. This is why we have input gain sliders for everyone on Discord, for example. One person's mic may be so loud that I need to lower his volume to 30%. Some are so quiet I have to turn it all the way up to 200%.

And most importantly the soundtrack, while being one of the best in the mmo industry, can get repetitive at times.

I think as part of project polish, a slight rework to the audio interface panel should not be neglected. The audio system could be much more customizable than that.

-Maybe by clicking on the target player's audio symbol it could open an audio input fader for this person only, just to be able to hear what the person is saying or to turn down people that are too loud.

-Fix the annoying *ka ching!* sound still being super loud when vendoring stuff even when I'm playing at 5% master and interface volume.

-Add a general gain boost option to the voip slider, or add a button that ducks in game volumes when people are speaking over voip.

-Add a completely new submenu of the audio interface that lets you make a playlist of songs you discovered while traveling other biomes, and add an option to either shuffle play them or not. I've been traveling the steppes and jungle so much, and it's always the super heroic theme song with the violin crescendo playing on repeat. The song is fucking awesome and I love it, but holy shit am I tired of hearing it on repeat. It would be so fun to be able to have meduli biome songs in fabernum,etc...

A very minor fix that would improve the user experience I'm sure.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If the game had a voip compresor and limiter and maybe a de-noise/esser on nobody would have to manually select the gain for each individual.
But i agree there needs to be more options for audio.
Theres great open source stuff i don't see the reason they wouldnt invest a lil more in audio settings, oh wait yes i know, development is placeholder based.