Attributes clade gifts feel a bit useless...

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
...and a bit unimaginative game design.

when I first saw them in game, I though they would increase the related stat cap by the amount displayed. instead, they only add 3 points to the attribute. I get it that those are free attribute points, but still they feel pretty much useless.

even the skill bonus points is more relevant, as 3 points in one skill equal to 0.3 bonus skill points per skill. you need to have that attribute as the main modifier in 30 skills to get the same bonus of the extra skill points clade gifts.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
and here I thought the attribute glades were pretty useful when you're trying to spread your pool out more. 4 points here, and 4 points there, and another 4 some where else means I meet the stat cap I had in mind and invest those 12 points some where else. Pretty useful.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
The only problem I see with them is that it pretty much doesn't matter which one you take as long as it's not one you absolutely don't want, because it'll have the exact same outcome. So they may as well just make them all +n attribute points in general.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Actually there are also clade gifts that increase the cap of the attribute. Not sure if those exist for all races.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
They do exist for most clades. But I can understand how people thought attribute bonuses would increase caps as well, similar to how weight difference affects both caps and actual attribute value. I wasn't sure how it would work before it was properly working either.