Armor weight from shields poll

Chose which you agree with most, if other post in comments.

• Do not add armor weight from any shields

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Add armor weight from any shields

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Only add armor weight from tower shields

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Only add armor weight from non tower shields

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove stam penalties from shields if they add armor weight

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Results

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
People in here talking about fighters not using shields due to armor weight being inaccessible due to armor... that is the point? Shields are large defensive tools that should enable the use of lighter armor. If you want to play a literal tank with thick armor AND a shield, you need to accept that you might be a tad encumbered? it makes sense (let's not talk about how bad some 1h weapons are, though).

As for the shields on backs of mages - I see all the feedback and I get it for the most part. However, I think it's too shallow of a thought.
Shields on mages backs is, IMO, a band-aid more than anything else.
If you think mages need survivability, perhaps look at options that make sense, rather than wanting to have magical no weight shields.
The question on if SV agrees or will develop a solution is the variable.

Overall, I like this potential change. It makes all kinds of sense to me, and the issues that arise are related to other mechanic and balance quandaries.
I voted for keep the armor weight on all shields, but, I also agree with the removal of stamina penalties for using a shield. With the addition of their weight to armor weight, that statistic governs your ability to manage the weight, so it makes sense to take it off blocking.

I think weapon weight should be added along with shield weight.
I would honestly be for this, too. Even without:
Please tell me you want them to let folks carry more weight, then?

any extra armor training weight. Why? Because it makes sense. The weapon doesnt turn into a feather, so where does the weight go? Players don't need more Armor Weight, they need to let go of this "need" of having on the heaviest / meta armor and wear something light. I believe a lot of them out there know the term, "git gud".

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
If you think mages need survivability, perhaps look at options that make sense
It would be perfect, however we all know how SV works. They'll add weight to shields and just promise that they'll add cool defensive spells to compensate for that... someday... and mages will have to "adapt" again, i.e. be screwed for months if not years to come.

So i'd prefer them to just not mess with the balance in the first place.

Reactions: Belegar