Armor affects mount speed

D

Dracu

Make mounted armor affect heavily magic regen and slightly stamina regen. Melee swings take less stamina to circumvent a nerf to them in that regard. Heavy armored MCs should still be viable right? No point in paper MCs that have to take the biggest risk while suffering bigger then the ranged ones that dont need heavy armor necessarily.

Also maybe more mana costs for mounted magic?

Tiny nerf for heavy armor MAs, big nerf formounted fatmages, hopefully no nerf to MCs.
Biased suggestion... i hate the existence of „heavy“ armored mounted fatmages.

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
Make mounted armor affect heavily magic regen and slightly stamina regen. Melee swings take less stamina to circumvent a nerf to them in that regard. Heavy armored MCs should still be viable right? No point in paper MCs that have to take the biggest risk while suffering bigger then the ranged ones that dont need heavy armor necessarily.

Tiny nerf for heavy armor MAs, big nerf formounted fatmages, hopefully no nerf to MCs.

I agree heavy armored MC's shouldn't get affected drastically but they should still have a certain penalty that light armored MC's wouldn't have, every type should have it's pros and cons, same goes for MA's etc.

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021

Mounted oghmir fatties with all these added defenses from clade gifts just feel like this temporary busted thing that will go away sometime soon, although it might just be here forever..

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
If you think about it, a mount doesn't care if the weight that it's carrying is on the rider's back or directly on its own back. So it doesn't make sense to affect its speed. If heavy armored mounted mages is what you want to nerf just go directly for their mana regen. A mage without mana is useless. Same for archers, fatigue (lower stam regen) can be a thing for heavy armor even when mounted. But this should count towards MC as well.

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
If you think about it, a mount doesn't care if the weight that it's carrying is on the rider's back or directly on its own back. So it doesn't make sense to affect its speed. If heavy armored mounted mages is what you want to nerf just go directly for their mana regen. A mage without mana is useless. Same for archers, fatigue (lower stam regen) can be a thing for heavy armor even when mounted. But this should count towards MC as well.
I disagree, 10kg will be quite a difference and would affect the horse' speed IRL, or atleast it's stamina on the long run so it should be IG aswell.
Also the thing for MA's atm is like going full heavy armor for player and horse, there is no much of a benefit by going light armor as MA atm, it's not like the speed is super effective in the cost of the armor. (atleast not in a battle)
My point is to make it balanced enough so people without weight on them would have their own pros while keeping things balanced, stamina regen is meh compared to the risk of having no armor on you as MA bc MA's cant really be effective on foot anyway, best if it'd give off speed maybe even maneuvering too

Last edited:

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
I disagree, 10kg will be quite a difference and would affect the horse' speed IRL, or atleast it's stamina on the long run so it should be IG aswell.
IG the horse can carry in the bags up to 600 kg (plus the rider) with no speed (or stamina) difference. I am saying why should the speed be affected when 10-20 kg is taken from the bag and put on the rider's back (as armor) ?

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
Make player's armor affect the speed of the horse, I believe it would change the entire game and the way guilds build their armies.

Everything the horse is carrying should affect the speed. Horse armour, stuff in horse bags, the characters bodyweight, armour, inventory... everything. Horse has to carry it, after all. It could make light characters more interesting if they can access different mounts.

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021

Casting on mount takes twice as long, and you aren't getting any mana regen at all with heavy armour. Like basically zero regen. This is a "mana battery" build. Once you use that mana, you're done till you can take off your armour, and good luck doing that in the middle of a battle.

I tried this build and it was horrendously unfun. I know some can make it work, but I just do not have the tolerance to run it.

Lufan

Sep 21, 2021
IG the horse can carry in the bags up to 600 kg (plus the rider) with no speed (or stamina) difference. I am saying why should the speed be affected when 10-20 kg is taken from the bag and put on the rider's back (as armor) ?
I agree with Nisse, speaking of which everything should affect your mount's speed, atm the mounts dont have any use for having armor without bags on anyway, it would be best if armor without bags would by itself have it's own benefits (whether if better armor or atleast more speed - otherwise, what's the point in having that)

But we dont REALLY have to go this far, even tho I kind of support it for it's own.
My point weight & horse speed wise is basically giving the players a variety of "classes" or paths you can go after picking a certain role, more flexibility for the character and not having every char type go through the same path and have the same build, the more differences there would be in battle, the more interesting the game would actually be eventually.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Make player's armor affect the speed of the horse, I believe it would change the entire game and the way guilds build their armies.
A horse can carry a 90 kg person no problem but the moment that person puts on an extra 15 kg of armor the horse slows down? Unless you want to slow mount speeds by a minuscule amount, this would be a waste of time to implement.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
In MO1 the more weight your pet carried, from your fat body, to the armor you wore, and pet bags, and pet armor all added to the encumbrance of the horse, and eventually they were slower because of it all. I'm sure SV will get to this sooner or later, but as of now, we're in beta testing.

Reactions: Lufan

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Mount speed IS affected by the weight of its armor. And since horse armor without bags is 2 kg lighter than with bags, I would say they do have a place in the game although personally I would never trade the 600 kg of carry for ... speed. This surely needs to be adjusted, with heavier mount armor having less extra space/weight to carry around.